Ibiza Travel Answers

change location

visiting Ibiza in April ?

by kaps_4 Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 5:27 AM

Hello,

I am keen on visiting Ibiza in the month of April nxt year. But I had some doubts about this -

1) I am oscillating between Ibiza, Malaga or Athens,Greece but very KEEN on Ibiza. Since I will be travelling with my elderly parents I was wondering whether this is a wise move considering Ibiza is a total party town with freak out atmosphere and reputation. Don't want to face any embarassing situations when with parents. Any suggestions on this...

2) Is April 2nd week a good time to visit Ibiza ? Will it be too cold ? I heard April is off season so sum places could be closed, which is OK but can we atleast get some transportation ....buses etc ...to go sightseeing ?

3) Anyone of you heard of Torrent Bay - that's where the resort is ...

4) Is 1 week too much for Ibiza stay ?

Thanx in advance

Kaps

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: visiting Ibiza in April ?

by Odinnthor Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Namaste Kaps......

Well, the timing is definately off season so most of the nightlife is closed. If that does not matter, you should be fine. However Ibiza has that party town reputation, and considering that your parents may be 'old skool", or more traditional, may not be the best idea, depending on how much they have travelled before. If they have not done much travelling, Greece may be a better destination for them. I suspect that you have your mind set on Ibiza, and not your parents......d:o)

That being said, Ibiza is trying hard to clean up its image, from being a total party island, to a more traditional quieter tourist destination. A loosing battle so far, but with new rules such as any hotels/resorts must be five star properties, may discourage the young crowd a bit.

Torrent Bay is on the "west" side close to the secondary cluster that is Sant Antoni, the main center being Ibiza Town on the south. Probably a better choice for accommodations than Ibiza Town, as a bit more relaxed.

http://www.ibizaspain.info/tours.asp

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: visiting Ibiza in April ?

by kaps_4 Online Now Sep 8, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Namaste Odinnthor

Thanks for your reply. Your ans is helpful and hopefully Ibiza works out.

On the contrary my parents are more then willing to visit Ibiza for my sake and having travelled and stayed abroad, they are quite ok with Ibiza but it's just me who's wanting to avoid the unwanted scenes of Ibiza when with parents :))

Anyways...I saw your travel page and hopefully you enjoyed your trip to India and Taj :)

Thanks
    Kaps

by Odinnthor Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 12:36 AM

You are welcome.....d:o)

Yes, I always enjoy India. It is a favorite of mine. I was a five star tour director for many years and have been all over India, several times to most of the states, from Kashmir to Chennai and Mumbai to Kolkata and all points in between. I could tell you some stories my friend......d:o)

Glad to hear that your parents are seasoned travellers. I have no doubt that you will all enjoy Ibiza. It can be quite nice besides all the clubbing and parties, - which I have enjoyed several times......but that's another story.

Namaste.

by euskaldun Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 6:29 AM

1) I am oscillating between Ibiza, Malaga or Athens,Greece but very KEEN on Ibiza. Since I will be travelling with my elderly parents I was wondering whether this is a wise move considering Ibiza is a total party town with freak out atmosphere and reputation. Don't want to face any embarassing situations when with parents. Any suggestions on this...

Ibiza is a party island during the summer months, but very quiet during the rest of the year, as all the major clubs will be closed.

2) Is April 2nd week a good time to visit Ibiza ? Will it be too cold ? I heard April is off season so sum places could be closed, which is OK but can we atleast get some transportation ....buses etc ...to go sightseeing ?

It is completely off-season, as it will even before Easter. It may be warm enough to go the beach and sunbathe, but definitely too cold to swim. Local transportation operates year round, for sure, but since the major attractions on the island, apart from Ibiza's old town, are its beaches and coves, having a car will make your life easier to reach them.

4) Is 1 week too much for Ibiza stay ?

If you are looking forward to a relaxing holiday, it may be too short, but if you want to pack in a lot of sightseeing, my opinion is that one week will be too long, as most of the attractions will be closed. Not only the night-life, but also the famous hippy markets. You can see Ibiza's old town in one day, and explore the rest of the island and the adjacent smaller island of Formentera the rest of the time, getting the most of the fact that there will be very little visitors at the time. However, my opinion is that Malaga and Athens have much more to offer in terms of sightseeing than Ibiza, which is a small island very oriented on Summer activities. Another interesting alternative might be the largest neighbor island of Mallorca, where Palma is a relatively large city, with a lot to see and do year round, and with a lot of attractions in terms of scenery and culture throughout the island. Besides, you could also easily organize a day-trip or a weekend stay in Ibiza.

by Odinnthor Online Now Sep 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Good point above. Mallorca just might be the one you should take your parents to. It really has everything that Ibiza has and the attractions there are open. A week in Mallorca, would make a nice balance in sightseeing and relaxing.

by kaps_4 Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Hey thanks a lot euskaldun and Odinnthor...if that's the case then will consider Mallorca too...

thanks again
    Kaps

by pollyana Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Hi,

April is quite a good time to go however I would go towards May as the weather will be better and there are some beautiful parts of the island that are not typical of the publicity that Ibiza gets. I spoke to somebody from this company www.chicibiza.com and it didnt matter if I was a customer of theirs they still offered really good pointers on where to go and when and I have been going at least twice a year for the last three years.

Hope that helps

by kaps_4 Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM

pollyana - Thanks for ur tips...:)

Kaps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines