Ibiza Travel Answers

change location

Ibiza town as a spring city break?

by katiesquestions Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Everyone knows Ibiza as a summer party holiday. Has anyone ever been to Ibiza town for a city break in spring (beginning of April?) I've found a cheap flight and wondered if it was worth trying?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

Re: Ibiza town as a spring city break?

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Ibiza is quite a beautiful island thus good for any visit at any time. It's mostly known as a party island and it is but there's more to the place actually. It's large enough to situate yourself away from the town center and not get too caught up in the thick of non-stop revelry and craziness all the time. But if you love to party, this is it. And so much fun for sure.

If you go, the neighboring tiny island of Formentera is much quieter, subdued for that matter but perfect enough for total relaxation. It's a short ferry ride away from Ibiza so you can do it as a day trip or even an afternoon of it.

If you have got this chance now to be in Ibiza, go by all means and not regret for missing the chance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jmpncsu's Profile Photo

by jmpncsu Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM

If you're looking for partying/clubbing, spring break is not the time to go. Most of the clubs don't open until the end of May or early June. But, if you want to enjoy Ibiza without all the craziness that summer brings, this would be a good time to go. And as the person above mentioned, Formentera is a very beautiful island, much less crowded and developed than Ibiza, and its only a short boat ride.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

by jumpingnorman Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Although I think I went to Ibiza in September (cannot remember well), I did not go to the bars or party clubs (too old for those, haha) - and so I went around and enjoyed the rich culture and sights around Ibiza island, including the aforementioned Formentera which was easy to get to (but I used a tour company). I ventured out a bit from our group though and I ended up in a nude beach with college students, lol...but I do hope you enjoy my video of what I saw in Ibiza/Formentera: youtube.com/watch?v=9NyOLPxt... Have fun in Ibiza!

• Re: Ibiza town as a spring city break?

by katiesquestions Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Thanks so much for the answers.

My boyfriend and myself are in our mid 30s (far too old for clubbing!) so would enjoy all the cultural type sights rather than the nightlife! We're also thinking of taking our inlaws (mid 60's). Do you think this is a good idea? From the above answers it seems as though the party season won't be open yet which is obviously a good thing, but I just want to make sure that they don't feel a bit too old and out of it??

Love to hear what anyone thinks. Thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines