change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• abs87's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve & general visit

Boston Mar 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hi there, I am embarking on a trip around USA, Canada, Jamaica and Cuba, just in the initial planning stages and looking to spend New Year's Eve in Boston. I am a 26 yo solo female traveller I have been to Boston once before but just did the tourist sites, this time looking to go to more local bars and hangouts meet some new people. I was thinking of arriving on the 30th December and heading off on the 2nd January.

Just looking for suggestions as to any good social spots, not into nightclubs, more bars and pubs, nothing too fancy, maybe even if there is way to find fellow travellers who may be looking to meet up and have a good night out on the town.

I would like to stay at HI Boston (any recommendations/feedback welcome) last time stayed in hotels looking for something a little more social! I know it's very early to be planning for New Year's Eve but it's an important part of my trip and want to be somewhere fun.

Thanks for your time! Abbie

more
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

shuttle bus from Greyhound station to Logan airport

Boston Apr 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Anyone tell me if there is a shuttle service from greyhound station to Logan Airport. Thank You

more
    • Should I be scared to move to Boston from South Texas alone?

Boston Apr 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Im a 19 year old girl from South Texas and Im not sure how I feel about moving to Boston alone. I feel excited and scared at the same time. Im still not sure where I should move in Boston. What neighborhood, or place in Boston would be best suited for me? The cost of living sort of scares me as well. Its a lot to get used to.

more
    • travel pam

Boston Apr 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

what about renting a car? Should I rent a car or just use public transit system? I will be flying into Logan Airport and staying at a downtown hotel

more
    • directions to childrens hospital

Boston Apr 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I am coming from NH to a doctors appointment at childrens hospital. Instructions have me take the Storrow Dr exit going past Fenway Park which I would like to avoid as there will be a home baseball game that day. I can only leave a half hour earlier than normal and am afraid this will not be enough extra time to make it through the game traffic. Looking for suggestions for an alternate route to the hospital.

more
    • worksopian56's Profile Photo

Transport to NYC

by worksopian56 Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I need to get to NYC in mayfrom Hyannis.What bus options do I have?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    • Lobster

by telltravel Online Now Jul 14, 2012 at 9:26 AM

We are staying in Hyannis next week for five nights. Can any one recomend a great place to try lobster for the first time. Nothing posh, just great atmospher. Hyannis or surrounding area.
      Thank you

8 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM
    • Travel from Boston to Hyannis

by teresahouse Online Now Aug 6, 2009 at 10:46 AM

We'll be taking the ferry from Hyannis to Nantucket, but we need to get from Boston to Hyannis first, with two small children. I was hoping for car service, rather than a bus? Is there a recommendation for the best car service? On the way back, we'll have four adults, in addition to the two children, so an SUV or minivan option is ideal.

1 Answer Aug 6, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    • j1 visa, attention irish students!!!!

by magic-cat21 Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM

we are a group of four, all girls( have to say we are a nice group).we are planning to head to hyannis in early june to end of august. is anyone interested in renting or sharing a house with us???or if ye hav a house but want more people to rent it with, we'd be interested. we'd prefer irish j1 students!!...plaese get back on to me if your interested!!!!

3 Answers May 1, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    • The Breakwaters Vacation Condominiums

by jbossow Online Now May 31, 2007 at 9:48 PM

My friend and I are planning on booking a condo at The Breakwaters at 432 Sea St. Hyannis MA.
      We want a small, clean, safe and relaxing place on the beach. The website looks great but will we be disappointed?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2007 at 10:56 AM
    • multigenerational vacation

by maflynn Online Now May 31, 2007 at 2:18 PM

We will be renting a house in Hyannis last week of July/ first week of August.
      Our family members(12 in all) range in age from 20 to 87! So far we've purchased tickets for a show at the Cape Cod Melody Tent but have made no other deffinite reservations. Any recommendations?
      We are planning a day of fishing -- possibly deep sea (tuna) or sea bass. Any suggestions on charters? How about golf courses? Are the streets of Martha's Vineyard handicap accessible? It will be a long day for my 87 year old mom, so we are planning to bring her wheelchair if we aill be able to use it. We would also like suggestions for nightlife for the 20 somethings of group.

1 Answer Jul 11, 2007 at 10:52 AM
    • Cottage rental or Family hotel advice.

by Mayo_family Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 5:17 AM

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 girls (9 + 11) visiting Cape Cod in early April this year.Our premilinary itenerary is Boston 3 nights, Cape Cod 5 nights, Hartford 2 nights and New Tork 4 nights.
      We would ideally like to rent a 2 bed house / cottage for approx 5- 7 days as part of the 14 day trip. Hyannis appears central to the area. We will have a car.
      Any suggestions?.
      If this not a suitable option are there hotels which would suit?.
      Overall we would like to stay here there are restaurants etc and some family action.

Appreciate all answers.

4 Answers Jan 8, 2007 at 6:35 AM
    • honest opinion of Cape Winds Resort

by roundtheglobe Online Now Jul 21, 2005 at 8:55 AM

Can I get an honest opinion of the Cape Winds Resort from anyone familiar with the property. I'm having a hard time coming up with any information on this resort.

Thank you.

• babaduck's Profile Photo

Things to do in Cape Cod in October???

by babaduck Online Now Jun 13, 2004 at 2:47 AM

We're staying in Hyannis for a week from October 7th - 14th on honeymoon - we've arranged a 5 day car rental while there & would really appreciate your advice on where to go, what to do & where to eat on the Cape during our stay. We'd also love to get the ferry over to either Natucket or Martha's Vineyard for a day trip but don't know which island to choose Thanks!!!

2 Answers Sep 19, 2005 at 3:36 PM