change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day trips to Victoria Falls from Livingstone

Victoria Falls Apr 6, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Hi,

We are a South African family of 3 travelling to Livingstone but would like to visit both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides of Victoria Falls. How do we get to Zimbabwean side and back and what are the costs involved, as I assume the cost to bring our vehicle across will be expensive?

more
    • hwange rail station

by LEWISCOX Online Now Jun 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM

hi, I just saw the movie RUNNING WILD and thought the opening scene at the hwange rail stion was just beutiful and was wondering if you could name the trees or shrubs in bloom (orange and red) at the station. you are fortunate to live in such a beautiful area of the world. and thats coming from someone that lives in the beautiful mtns. of east. ky.USA tia lew

2 Answers Jul 1, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    • Upside down hippo

by nicolav Online Now Sep 4, 2006 at 8:36 PM

My mother and I have been looking at your photo of the upside down hippo - any idea what he/she was doing?!! We can't figure it out!

• Hwange NP: lot of questions and looking for answers...

by Padrepedro Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 9:22 AM

Hi,

I will probably visit Zimbabwe for 3 weeks in 2006 and I would like to visit the park. I will probably start from Bulawayo and go to Dete by train, a small city/village close to the Dete Gate, the main entrance of Hwange NP (the one going to the Main Camp). I do have a few questions about the Dete station, the transport from the station to the Dete Gate and the Main Camp (accomodation and guided trips offered). Is it possible to ask a few of my questions here, as it is extremely difficult to find the right information on the Net... I'm going to visit the country on a low budget, but that also means I have to be extra attention to safety/security. For example: if I would walk from Dete station to the Dete Gate, will I meet wild animals (I've read someone has meet a hyena on the road...)? I just don't like to be attacked/killed/perhaps eaten by wild animals... But that includes I have to found out how I can go safely from Dete station to the Dete Gate. Another question is: does the Main Camp offer its own guided trips? If so, which ones? How much do they cost? Are they good? Etc. etc.

I hope someone can help me a little bit further, as for the moment I definitely
      don't know enough...

Thanks!!

Pedro
      (please e-mail me to da_pedro@telenet.be )