Hvar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nightlife in mid june

by ameerkayal Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I want to about clubbing and parties in mid june .

does it crowded with tourist in that time?

and in general, of which nationality majority of tourist are?

Thank u

more
    • Split, Hvar or Brac

by lisav74 Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 7:51 AM

HI Planning on a trip to Croatia and we are going to travel up to Split form Dubrovnik for 3 nights but dont know whether to stay oin Split and travel over to the Islands or stay in Hvar or Brac. Can anyone advise. We wont nice beaches but things to do at night. We are then heading down to MOntenegro for 4 nights at the end of our holiday

more
    • nightlife in mid june

by ameerkayal Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I want to about clubbing and parties in mid june .

does it crowded with tourist in that time?

and in general, of which nationality majority of tourist are?

Thank u

• Split, Hvar or Brac

by lisav74 Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 7:51 AM

HI Planning on a trip to Croatia and we are going to travel up to Split form Dubrovnik for 3 nights but dont know whether to stay oin Split and travel over to the Islands or stay in Hvar or Brac. Can anyone advise. We wont nice beaches but things to do at night. We are then heading down to MOntenegro for 4 nights at the end of our holiday

1 Answer Mar 31, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

HOW TO REACH WITH CAR AND WHERE TO STAY

by tusharbhotica Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM

HI! WE ARE A 2 FAMILY GROUP OF 9. WE PLAN TO GO OVERNITE TO HVAR ISALND WITH OUR 2 CARS. IS IT OK TO GO WITH THE CAR OR WITHOUT? ALSO, WHAT ARE THE FERRY TIMINGS? SECONDLY, SHOULD ONE STAY IN HVAR OR STARI GRAD? WE WISH TO ENJOY THE NIGHT LIFE!

2 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • IolandaA's Profile Photo

Traveling with baby

by IolandaA Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I'm planning to make a trip to Hvar more than likely next year between April and June (will definitely avoid July and August), has anyone traveled here with a baby? I'll be taking the baby stroller how is Hvar in terms of accessibility in public transports, as well as street pavement? Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • Boat Rental

by MatthewChiang Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I will be in Hvar Town from September 12-13, 2013 with my girl friend. It has been recommended to us that we rent a small boat and tour around the Pakleni Islands. Does anyone know how much it would cost for the day to rent a small motorized boat? Also what Islands should we go to when we get the boat? We are 28 years old and would like to go to some Islands that have nice beaches with some lively outdoor bars.

Thank you,

• Blue Grotto

by LeslieCarpenter Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM

We will be on a sailboat for 2 weeks and would like to tour the caves. Must I take a tour or can we take our own dinghy in to the caves?

2 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • Acommodation (late aug/early sept 2013)

by Hypo11 Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Looking for accomodation recommendations please. Budget hotel/hostel/apartment. thanks

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • Accommodation

by Hypo11 Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Could anyone recommend a good hostel/apartment/budget hotel for late aug/early sept? Thanks

• DarkoP1's Profile Photo

car parking

by DarkoP1 Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Can you please tell me what is the price for car parking space in Hvar for 1 day, 1 week and 2 weeks? Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    • hvar during weekdays

by kauln Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

hi ,i will be traveling to croatia in first week of september .Is it wise to spend 2 days in Hvar during the weekdays.Will i miss on some nightlife as its weekdays.

Thanks
      kitin

2 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • Fabriceken's Profile Photo

Going out in Hvar september

by Fabriceken Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM

We are planning to go with a group of 20-year old students to Hvar. We would like to know if the nightlife in Hvar is still 'active' during the first two weeks of september, and what the average going out-budget is (like how much does a beer cost etc.)

1 Answer Jul 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    • camilakey's Profile Photo

Hvar or Plitvice National Park?

by camilakey Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hey guys! Is it better to spend one day more in Hvar or use that day to go to Plitvice? With Plitvice I would have two days and a half in Hvar..

Thanks so much!

2 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM
    • Ferry from split to hvar (not stari grad)

by BabaKar Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Hi,

We're travelling from France to arrive in Hvar, so we have to take a ferry at Split I guess. Is there a need to book one or are there a lot of ferries so don't need to book before ? Is it easy to find the port ?

2 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
    • Hvar Vs Dubrovink

by jaindee Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

If I have a choice between these two, which one should I go to?

3 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • Ferry from Split to Hvar

by jeneral Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM

I am travelling to Hvar from Split on 11 July. I land in Split at 10.30 a.m. and need to travel from the airport to the port for the onward journey to Hvar. Does anyone know a website/s with up to date ferry timetables? I believe I can get a ferry from Split to Stari Grad or one from Split to Hvar town. My accommodation is in Hvar town so it would be preferable to get the ferry to Hvar town however if they are less frequent I can travel by bus from Stari Grad. Thanks all.

2 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    • SusanF32's Profile Photo

Hvar Open Tour Bus Service June 2013

by SusanF32 Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Is the Open Tour bus operational this year? I am travelling to Croatia next week and would like to visit Hvar and use this bus if it is running.

• Crossing from Jelsa to Bol without using Jadrolinija Ferry?

by Urbanomad Online Now May 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to cross from Lelsa to Bol and back without using Jadrolinija Ferry (it departs from Jelsa at 06:00 in the morning!!!).

Thanks!

Michael

1 Answer May 23, 2013 at 2:36 AM
    • Is hvar the best location for a vacation in Croatia ?

by salford66 Online Now May 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Looking at hvar but it seems there aren't many decent hotels ? Is it a good place to go for a vacation? We like luxury boutique.....

3 Answers May 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    • Bus fron hvar to Sucuraj

by julie_urban Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Is there a bus from hvar , we are staying at hotel Croatia, to the port of Sucuraj to connect to ferry to mainland?
      Cost and timetable for August please.

Cheers
      Julie

7 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Hvar city or Stari Grad

by Adrianobr Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I will be on July in Hvar. What's the best place to stay? Hvar city ou Stari Grad? Tks.

4 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    • How best to travel between Split, Hvar, Kercula and Dubrovnik in early October

by pinkman Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

My wife and I are spending a month traveling in Croatia and will be in Split October 2nd. I was planning on dropping off our rental car in Split and taking a passenger ferry to Hvar for 3 days and then move onto Kercula for 2 days and take a ferry to Dubrovnik for 5 days. I am having trouble finding a ferry that will take us from Kercula to Dubrovnik on October 7th. Any suggestions.

Thanks....Pinkman

5 Answers May 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    • Hotel Reservations Needed in Sept?

by monarchtravel Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I am wondering if I need to make hotel reservations for Hvar and other areas of the coast such as Split and Dubrovnik in September, or are the crowds thinned out by then and would I be able to find a place to stay when I arrive.

1 Answer Feb 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    • Taxi Minivan

by travelbugau Online Now Aug 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Can anyone recommend a good safe driver with a minivan to take us around Hvar Island. We will be based in Jelsa.

• Going to Pakleni Island with small boat

by Oside123 Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 5:09 AM

Hello,

I am going with my girlfriend to Hvar beginning of september and we would like to rent a small motorboat (2-person boat with outboard motor) to make a one-day excursion to the Pakleni Islands. I don't have any experience with boats. I have a few questions:

- Can you rent a small boat when you don't have permit or alike?
      - Is it realistic to go to the islands without boat experience? I guess there is some traffic going out of Hvar port too?
      - And then a probably very stupid question: what do you do with the boat when you see a beach that you like? Has a small boat some kind of anchor? Or do you have to pull it onto the beach? Or...?

This beginning sailor thanks you for your responses.

Greets,
      Mark

2 Answers Jul 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    • Traveling to Hvar and other nearby islands in mid-October

by lucas2do Online Now Jul 1, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Hi - a friend and I are thinking about taking a trip to Croatia in mid October 2011. We both love the sea, historic areas, hiking, fun shops, good food and I am a photographer. We will have 8 days to travel and will probably fly in and out of Split. I have read a lot about Hvar - what is is like in mid-October in terms of weather, the number of shops and restaurants open, the ability to take day trips to other islands, etc? What islands do you recommend visiting at this time of year? We would also like to spend a few days in Dubrovnik and/or Split - what are your recommendations? Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 20, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    • Bus to Hvar Town from Stari Grad (meeting Thurs 16:40 boat from Korcula)

by deirdreob Online Now May 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Anyone have a June 2011 Hvar Island bus schedule? Am taking the Thursday June 23 boat from Korcula to Stari Grad that arrives 16:40 (4:40pm). Will there be a bus to Hvar town? If not, what might a taxi cost? Thanks very much!

3 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    • Public Car Park in Hvar Town

by lethasaldanha Online Now Feb 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Can anyone tell me if the Public Car Parks in Hvar Town are free and if not what the cost is? Also is it safe enough...

2 Answers Mar 16, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    • Sosa jewelry and ceramics Hvar

by NadiaBearzatto Online Now Dec 1, 2010 at 3:52 AM

I was in Hvar in August, found "Sosa" and all her beautiful pieces.
      I need an email address or website please!!!!
      The "gentleman" of the ceramic pair l bought, tragically dropped to the floor and is broken. I must replace it!
      So hope someone can help, don't know how when I can get back there

3 Answers Dec 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    • Ferries from Hvar to Vis

by jessicazoe Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Hi there,

wondering if anyone can help me out here. We're planning a spot of island hopping before going to a festival in Petrcane, late August. We're going to spend two nights in Hvar before going on to Vis if possible. The problem is that the catamaran only seems to go from Hvar to Vis on a Tuesday. On the other days it looks as if there's no stop there.

Does anyone know whether there is another line apart from the main jadrolinija that services this route? Or is it possible to take a smaller chartered boat perhaps?

Thanks for your help.

J

2 Answers Jul 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    • Ferry Stari Grad to Split - September 2010

by vazzoc Online Now Jul 8, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Hello

I was wondering if someone could help me out here

I have been looking for a ferry on September 11 from stari Grad to Split.. I believe this is doable but when I go to the Jadrolinija Ferry Booking Page (jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?... there is no option from STari Grad to Split.. At this stage I can see ferries from Stari Grad to Ancona, Bari, Dubrovnik and Korcula... but no Split

I need to book a flight from Split back to Eatern Europe but cant do that until I can book the ferry to Split

If anyone could help me I would love your help:)

thankyou
      Mark

6 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM