Hvar Travel Answers

change location
Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Hvar city or Stari Grad

by Adrianobr Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I will be on July in Hvar. What's the best place to stay? Hvar city ou Stari Grad? Tks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Hvar city or Stari Grad

by akan Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Try to find a family accommodation in one of small bays along the coast like Milna or Ivan dolac etc.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • KristaB's Profile Photo

Re: Hvar city or Stari Grad

by KristaB Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Hvar town is full of people, bars, music and energy, while stari Grad is calm, has a lovely market with locals selling their produce, a much quieter marina, coffe shops etc. You can always visit the other town with local bus or rent a car - in which case I'd suggest visiting Jelsa, Pitve, Vrisnik (KonobaVrisnik has great food)
    and if you're slightzly adventurous, perhaps you might consider driving through a tunnel towards Zavala, then back to Hvar late afternoon on an upaved road that passes through Ivan Dolac and Sveta Nedilja - but only if you are an experienced and confident driver.

3 members found this helpful

• Iksi's Profile Photo

by Iksi Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM

depends, if You want quiet surrounding then it is better Stari Grad, for night life city of Hvar is much better. But by car they are 20 minutes apart so You can experience both.

1 member found this helpful

• Hvarelax's Profile Photo

by Hvarelax Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM

good read... knowledgeable... maybe more than some of the locals, as I am...

by the way - the road from Stari Grad direction Suńćuraj has been greatly enlarged and renewed... almost done - it is now completely another feeling

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines