Travel Answers
Huy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Few hours to spare between Zaventem and Charlerois.

Brussels Apr 15, 2015 at 1:14 AM

I will be dropping a friend at Zaventem (2pm flight) and then another two friends at Charlerois (6pm flight). I don't want the "Charlerois friends" to just wait at the airport for half a day so I want to show them some more of Belgium. I have a problem though with what I can do in this time frame somewhere between those 2 airports.
      For now the best I can think of is Nivelles & Villers-la-Ville.

Any other ideas on where to go would be appreciated. Also some advise on where to spend those few hours if it would be raining.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

more
    • Brussels to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Berlin

Brussels Apr 8, 2015 at 9:59 AM

i am planning to travel from Brussels to Amsterdam and then from Amsterdem to Berlin in the month of Jun. Can somebody tell me about cheapest way to travel please.

more
    • Where to go?

Gent Apr 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Hi! I have a meeting in gent tomorrow and after that I would like to go out on my own... I was hoping you could suggest a nice place where people wont see me as an alien when I enter alone. And possibly a place where I could make some contacts or share a bottle of wine with a stranger. Thank you for your tips!

more
    • time needed

Brugge Apr 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM

hi how many hours needed to explore bruges walking,
      do I have to buy 24hr card public transportation
      can I get information how to start when reaching train from paris for sightseeing
      thanks

more
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

travel pass or buy 10 tickets for short/long trip?

Belgium Apr 4, 2015 at 11:48 AM

I am still not sure which is worth it. I heard about the 10 trips for 76 Euro. but does it mean for example if I am going to bruge and stop by another city on the way, then I will have use 6 tickets for 2 people? for that day?

there is also short trip 10 tickets for a price I remembered. does it only include bus trips in Brussels or anywhere in Belgium?

more
    • Train from Ghent to Amsterdam

Antwerp Apr 2, 2015 at 6:19 PM

We are about to book a train from Ghent Belgium to Amsterdam in April. It has one stopover in Antwerp to change from the IC train to Thalys train. There is only a 7 minute stopover, is this going to be enough time to get from IC train to Thalys train at Antwerp?

more
    • kallie50's Profile Photo

tips - ideas

Belgium Mar 28, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Hello

We will be travelling to Belgium as part of our UK/Europe holiday in April. We will hire a car at Lille for 4 days and have booked accommodation in Yvpres. We will be arriving at Lille by Eurostar from London. (Should we book the Eurostar return ticket before we leave Australia or is it ok just to arrive at station and book). Preceding our Belgium visit we are on a cruise from Rome sailing into Anzac Cove on the morning of Anzac Day and spending two full days in the area.

When we return to London from Belgium we have five days free, we will hire a car and thought we may head to the South Coast

We have planned and organised the entire trip ourselves from internet and research and hope to fit in as much as we can but also want to enjoy everything and not just go, go, go. My husband is 69 and I am 66 and reasonably fit.

Any advice/tips/ideas of any kind would be extremely welcome.

Safe travels

Ray & Lynne

more
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Belgium 10-journey passes

Belgium Apr 10, 2015 at 4:14 AM

I'm intending on purchasing a 2nd class, 10-journey pass that that The husband and I can share during our 8 days in the country, and which will cover us for just about everywhere we're going (math works). A couple of questions:

One of our journeys involves a 6-minute change in Leuven (platform 8 to platform 3). Can we make it? If for some reason we can't, can we just take the next train as long as the final destination/type of train is the same? The instructions (which aren't exactly explicit) notes that if a mistake is made, don't cross it out - fill out the next lines - but we'll be out of space on the pass at that point.

more
    • Charming Places in Belgium

Belgium Apr 20, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Hello everyone,

My parents will be visiting me soon in Belgium and they want me to take them to cute and charming little cities/villages to visit. They've seen all the major ones like Brouge, Gent, Antwerp, Leuven, Durbuy, Brussels, etc. Quite frankly I'm running out of places to take them :-D

So I turn to my trusted VirtualTourist friends for help! I want my parents to have a memorable stay in Belgium as usual so all suggestions are welcome! We have a car and prepared to drive up to 3 hours each way if necessary.

Thanks in advance for all your recommendations.

Cheers,

TravellingCA

more