Husøy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driving around Tromso

Tromsø Jan 26, 2016 at 4:48 AM

I am staying in Tromso for a few days at the end of February and have hired a car to explore the surrounding areas. Where is good to visit / what are some good driving routes?
      Thanks!

more
    • travel_inklings's Profile Photo

What to wear in February and vegan food.

Tromsø Jan 16, 2016 at 4:37 AM

I'm travelling to Tromsø and the lofoten islands in February of this year and I am interested to know what clothing is appropriate.

I plan to wear a heattech thermal base layer, fleece zip up mid layer and parka outer layer with mittens (thermal gloves for photography) and trapper hat (my ears are very sensitive to the cold!

However what about trousers? How many layers are enough to keep warm? I have leg warmers and thick socks but I've read mixed reviews about whether to wear hiking boots or snow boots.

We plan to go hiking / trailing the northern lights / husky sledding (and general off the track exploring for photography) we'll also like to visit museums and the like around town. Any advice would be brilliant.

I'm also vegan so am wondering how available vegetarian options or alternatives are on offer in restaurants or fish places and whether Tromsø has a supermarket close to the town centre where we'll be staying.

(Last but not least, has anyone got experience of good hiking trails with great landscape views that are reachable on foot from the town?)

Thank you in advance :-)

more