Huntsville Travel Answers

change location

Moving soon..... but where?

by ewary Online Now Jun 20, 2005 at 5:36 PM

We are moving our family to HSV this fall and I have very mixed feelings about going. Can anyone give us some insight as to nice area's to look for a house. We're hoping for a neighborhood with big trees, sidewalks, parks, good schools, safe, a library and throw in a neighborhood coffee shop and it would be perfect! Someplace nice, but still diverse would be the ideal. We hope to buy a home and are open to something older as long as it isn't a "fixer upper" (two kids under four make that impossible at the moment!). We would also consider living in a rural area too, if that's not too scary. I'm not into living in some new subdivision if I can help it. I'd appreciate any advise.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: RE: Moving soon..... but where?

by ewary Online Now Jun 22, 2005 at 7:22 PM

Thanks, we'll check it out. Good idea about checking out the schools!
    k

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vhasouth's Profile Photo

RE: Moving soon..... but where?

by vhasouth Online Now Jun 27, 2005 at 9:12 PM

I live in a SMALL town approx. 40 minutes from Huntsville called Hartselle. Hartselle is located right on 1-65. It is the southern town that people think of when they think of the south. We have an excellent school system (consistently place in the upper range of the state), we also offer a fairly good range of athletics for your children to grow into. Yes, we also have a couple of coffee houses, located, where else, directly on Main Street. I invite you to come down and see what we have to offer.

• Dean2006's Profile Photo

RE: Moving soon..... but where?

by Dean2006 Online Now Aug 3, 2006 at 6:37 PM

Huntsville is my hometown and it is a great place to live and a great place to raise a family! Based on your inquiry, I would say check out the Five points area which is eccletic with moderately priced homes (coffee shop hearby). The Blossomwood area is the best in my opinion, more mainstream established with a variety of homes (small, large, old, new) and great location (my neighborhood). Another good one is the Jones Valley area. Newer homes are in Hampton Cove or out in Madison, but you are further away and the homes are a little "cookie cutter". By the way, Huntsville was named the #1 place to increase net worth in the USA. That is high salaries and low cost of living. High education level too. Good luck, I'll see you here.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines