Huntington Beach Travel Answers

change location

is huntington beach a good idea for j1 2009

by kilkennylady Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 9:08 AM

hi myself and 5 other girls are planning on going to HB this summer?is there many others going?where is the best place to stay?will it be hard to get a job this summer with the whole "recession" and everything?!any suggestions on what else we should do over there?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Re: is huntington beach a good idea for j1 2009

by GracesTrips Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Not sure where you're coming from so working might be a problem (if you're not a US citizen). HB is a great during the summer but rents could be steep. I would look at how you plan to get around town (using public transporation or renting a car?) and work out your stay that way. As for where to stay, you can look at www.craigslist.com, wwwlatimes.com or www.recyler.com for options. Not sure if you can find something now for the summer but that should give you an idea what kind of rents are for various cities in LA.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

by Camping_Girl Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 6:30 PM

If you are looking at coming to SoCal to work, keep in mind that with the current recession work VISA's may be hard to obtain, if there are a shortage of jobs for American citizens.

• Re: is huntington beach a good idea for j1 2009

by kilkennylady Online Now Nov 25, 2008 at 8:00 AM

were 5 irish students who will be on a j1...!!really looking forward to it!it is suppose to be a lovely place...!!but will it be hard to get accomadation and jobs??are there many other students travelling to HB this summer?

by Irishgirl19 Online Now Dec 16, 2008 at 2:44 AM

There is also 6 of us going over from Clare!! Any ideas where we can start looking for jobs...... whoooo HB'09 ....... =UNREAL!!!!!

by diane0991 Online Now Jan 2, 2009 at 1:59 PM

hey we're frm clare 2...hopin ta go huntington beach bt i herd its easy to get jobs at seaworld in san diego?

• kenstan's Profile Photo

by kenstan Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Huntington Beach is a wealthy town and not cheap to live there.Thats why I live in Las Vegas.I don't think you would have trouble finding a summer job in fast food etc minimun wage jobs. How many other are going everyone that lives inland goes to Huntington or Newport Beach so its busy in the summer.Theres really no signs of a recession in Huntington Beach housing prices hav'nt really dropped much and you don't see foreclosers like inland Calif.Apartments in HB are from 2000.00 up unfurnished I don't think you will get much cheaper.The farther inland you go the cheaper it will be.Theres a lot to do in southern Calif.anything you want about 90 miles to San Diego and 30 to Los Angeles.

by Sara20 Online Now Apr 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Hey, I'm from Montreal, I have a J1 visa and I'm going to Huntington Beach too this summer:)
    I've read about the Colonnial Inn Youth Hostel on the net, which is very cheap, but when I called to make a reservation it said the number was disconnected... Does anyone know if the Hostel is still in service?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines