Huntington Beach Travel Answers

change location
sazkia's Profile Photo

Hotel help!!

by sazkia Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Hello there!
I'm from the UK and I'm travelling around california this summer, I'm staying in huntington beach for 4 days and can't wait!!!
Has anyone ever stayed at the 'huntington surf inn'. That is where i am thinking of staying, and wanted some opinions.

Also if you've got the time, where's the best places to go out at night, i'm 24 and looking for a good laugh!

Thank you Sarah xx

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • USanFrancisco's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel help!!

by USanFrancisco Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 12:51 PM

I've never heard of that hotel. What's your price range???

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I haven't stayed at the Huntington Surf Inn, but I have seen it. It looks like, what we call, a motel. You drive into the parking lot and your room is in front of you or up the stairs to the second floor. Location wise, it is on PCH about 3-4 blocks from Main St, off PCH, which is the busy strip area of "Surf City, USA". Lots of places to go to at night. At 24 or 64, I would head to the Irish Pub, Gallaghers for a lot of fun and a place to meet people. See their website: www.gallagherspub.com

• sazkia's Profile Photo

by sazkia Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:29 PM

it is129 -149 a night. it looks ok from the website but there are absolutely no reviews on it anywhere which is why i am a bit concerned

• sazkia's Profile Photo

by sazkia Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM

cheers - we just want somewhere relatively cheap and clean to stay. sounds like a good location so might just go for it. thanks for your reply

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Cheers. I just googled mapped the hotel on-line and it looks like a large peach colored "O" shaped building, not far from everything and it is the one I remember seeing on PCH. Try the website for the whole city of Huntington Beach,CA and look at Main St. opposite the Pier. You can get a good idea of the area this way, even for Marine del Rey, Santa Monica, etc. Website: http://maps.google.com/

• sazkia's Profile Photo

by sazkia Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for your help, I'm travelling to santa monica aswell for 4 days. I came last year and loved it, so increasing my hols this year to a month and travelling around california.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines