Huntington Beach Travel Answers

change location

Beach question

by bedenji Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Hi- some girlfriends and I are hoping to visit the area in mid-June. We have our hearts set on spending some great time on the beach, and are just unsure of our best options. We are thinking of staying at the Hilton Beachfront, which would be very expensive but right on the beach (I think). Our other option would be to stay at an inland (i.e. cheaper) hotel and drive to the beach, but don't know what the public beach options are. Are there public beaches that offer chair rentals? Does anyone have any other tips?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • kzapanta's Profile Photo

Re: Beach question

by kzapanta Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 7:30 PM

No on beachfront cause of expense but still want loungers for rent? Do you want a cabana or is wait service sufficient? Do you want to bump in Rodney or Kobe?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HBLocal's Profile Photo

by HBLocal Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 11:21 AM

on my website: www.thelocalhb.com you will find a lot of info (got to services, then travel page). All the hotels in town are listed. There are other options on PCH other than the Hilton or Hyatt, but both those properties are beautiful. You'll also find info on this site about restaurants, nightlife, things to do, etc. have fun.

• Re: Beach question

by JulieSweet Online Now Jun 1, 2007 at 9:51 PM

I have stayed at the Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort and I simply loved it. My girlfriends and I stayed there and loved how nice and accomodating the staff was. They helped us find local things to do...and we did plenty of shopping downtown. We also went to get my friends navel pierced at Tommy T's Body Piercing. The shop was super clean and they did an awesome job. I say spend the little bit more money and stay at the Hilton, walk around the beach, shop, get pierced, have a drink at Duke's and enjoy yourself.

• koflynn's Profile Photo

by koflynn Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 4:50 PM

hi, i spent last summer in HB and it was fantastic. when i got there though it was early june and not that hot. i found out that the weather doesnt usually get good until july beacuse of a marine layer that makes it poor. im irish and even i found it cold! what ever about where you stay, i dont think you'd be hittin the beach very much in june... more like the bar!
    if you do choose the hilton you'l only be a short walk from main street, where everything is. the hyatt is a little further away but not by much. there are no other hotels really but theres a best western or something on PCH thats very close to main street, its really nice too.

• kenstan's Profile Photo

by kenstan Online Now Jun 7, 2008 at 4:49 PM

The Hilton is very nice and faces the beach across from PC Hwy. You can drive down Beach Blvd and get a cheaper motel but there not the Hilton. Parking at the beach was 10.00 a day last year. You can drive to a store and buy beach chairs cheaper than renting them at the beach.They have a snack bar and rentals by Brookhurst or Magnolia and Pacific Coast Hwy which is the state beach and where they have parking. If your going to be by the pier that part is the city beach.Walk up Main St and there are alot of shops but can't remember any rentals shops.You can also drive 1 mile south into Newport Beach where there is metered parking and rental shops there.I would also drive down PCH to Laguna Beach, nice beach town.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines