Hungary

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day trip to Aggtelek Caves

Budapest May 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM

Hi, we would be staying in Budapest a few days, and we would like to take a day trip to the Aggtelek Caves. May I know if it's accessible by public transport? I found from …cdata.hu/uj_menetrend/en/ind... that there's a bus no 1054/1 that departs from Stadion autobusz stop at 6:15 and arrives at Aggtelek autobusz at 10:44. Is this accurate, and can we just buy the ticket from the conductor directly? How far away is the bus stop from the entrance of the caves? Thanks.

more
    • graphicscorpio's Profile Photo

Bus options from Budapest to Zadar, Croatia

Budapest May 9, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Trying to find a bus from Budapest to Zadar. Not having any luck. I know we can take a train to Zagreb then a bus to Zadar but I'd rather not have to use 2 modes of transportation. I do see that there is a company called Eurobusways (eurobusways.com/how.html#.VU... ) Possibly other travelers will find this link helpful. Their prices seem quite high to me but perhaps they are not. Always happy to have your input. Thanks much, Diane

more
    • 3 days in Budapest

Budapest 5 hours ago

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip, and we might spend 3 days in Budapest next August.

Do you guys have a suggestion for the accommodation, cheap and well located?

What would you say are the "must-see"? Do you have any other recommandation? :)

Thank you,

Romain

more
    • Budapest Trip Planner

Budapest May 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Hi, we would like to visit Budapest and we can stay there for maximum 5 days. I would love to know the places that we can visit. It would be very helpful if any of you help us to plan our trip in a smarter, convenient and Economical way. Also, we all are students and would prefer to stay in students hostels only. Waiting for your suggestions.

more
    • gwn_joelle's Profile Photo

What to visit in Budapest?

Budapest May 7, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I wanna go to Budapest for two or three days, any suggestions of things I must see?

more
    • Budapest Trip Planner

Budapest May 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Hi, we would like to visit Budapest and we can stay there for maximum 5 days. I would love to know the places that we can visit. It would be very helpful if any of you help us to plan our trip in a smarter, convenient and Economical way. Also, we all are students and would prefer to stay in students hostels only. Waiting for your suggestions.

8 Answers May 26, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Bus options from Budapest to Zadar, Croatia

Budapest May 9, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Trying to find a bus from Budapest to Zadar. Not having any luck. I know we can take a train to Zagreb then a bus to Zadar but I'd rather not have to use 2 modes of transportation. I do see that there is a company called Eurobusways (eurobusways.com/how.html#.VU... ) Possibly other travelers will find this link helpful. Their prices seem quite high to me but perhaps they are not. Always happy to have your input. Thanks much, Diane

4 Answers May 10, 2015 at 9:58 AM
    • gwn_joelle's Profile Photo

What to visit in Budapest?

Budapest May 7, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I wanna go to Budapest for two or three days, any suggestions of things I must see?

9 Answers May 12, 2015 at 12:11 AM
    • Day trip to Aggtelek Caves

Budapest May 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM

Hi, we would be staying in Budapest a few days, and we would like to take a day trip to the Aggtelek Caves. May I know if it's accessible by public transport? I found from …cdata.hu/uj_menetrend/en/ind... that there's a bus no 1054/1 that departs from Stadion autobusz stop at 6:15 and arrives at Aggtelek autobusz at 10:44. Is this accurate, and can we just buy the ticket from the conductor directly? How far away is the bus stop from the entrance of the caves? Thanks.

2 Answers May 7, 2015 at 12:28 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

War memorials on Buda side?

Budapest Apr 29, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Hello all
      Does anyone know of any unusual or little known WWI or WWII or even 1956 memorials located on the Buda side?
      I'm trying to locate one which I know is in a park but I have no other details unfortunately
      Thanks!
      DG

7 Answers May 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM
    • PLUS Bank Machines and Currency Conversion costs

Budapest Apr 22, 2015 at 10:34 AM

I have never used a bank machine PLUS SYSTEM in another country to get cash. I normally buy the country's foreign currency (HUF) before leaving home but wonder if the exchange is better at a local bank machine.

My bank won't charge me any fees. I have been tracking the exchange rates on xe.com for Canadian, United States and Euro conversion so any ideas is helpful. Also, is it is easy to find a bank machine with "PLUS SYSTEM"? What kinds of exchange rates can I expect?

5 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 2:26 PM
    • How to get to dinner

Budapest Apr 18, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Will be arriving in Budapest in late May to start on a river cruise. Will be arriving a day early so can visit Budapest. Will be staying at the Le Meridian Hotel. Plann to have dinner at the Chef Cafe at Sorhaz U. 4.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how best to travel to the Chef Cafe. Can it be walked? Or metro, Tram or Bus?

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 18, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Great Budapest Hotel under $100 USD. Do you know of a treasure?

Budapest Apr 16, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Because we are in our room very little, we don't like to spend too much on the room. BUT we do like a great location and a place that represents the region that we are in. Any recommends on a place to stay under $100 USD. Thank you.

6 Answers May 8, 2015 at 1:23 AM
    • MizukiM's Profile Photo

train ticket from budapest to graz

Hungary Apr 7, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Hi :)
      i have one question about the train system in europe. im thinking to visit graz from budapest, however, im wondering how i should buy a ticket for it coz i am also planning to explore in vienna. so if i buy a round ticket between budapest and graz, could i get off in vienna? i honestly doubt it coz its an international train in that case. so, maybe should i buy a round ticket between budapest and vienna and between vienna and graz separately? if someone can give me any tip, I would deeply appreciate it.

thanks in advance :)

3 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 11:30 PM
    • Danube river cruise for mother and 11year old son

Budapest Mar 31, 2015 at 11:03 PM

Hi

This will be my first visit to Budapest and I am hoping to take an evening river cruise/boat trip with my son. Nothing fancy,but interesting and safe. Any recommendations would be most helpful,thanks :-)

3 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 12:56 PM
    • Transit to the airport

Budapest Mar 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM

What is the easiest way to take public transit to the Budapest (Terminal 2) airport?

4 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 12:36 PM
    • budapest to vienna

Budapest Mar 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM

hi I will be at ibis Budapest city ,
      1-any recomedation for a stsrt sightseeing by public or alking ,I have 3days
      2-day out to Vienna return same day late at night,which day is better sat or sunday
      which area to stion in Vienna to star sight seeing
      thanks

5 Answers Mar 31, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    • How much spending money will I need in Budapest?

Budapest Mar 18, 2015 at 7:12 AM

Me and 3 friends are travelling to Budapest for 4 night / 5 days - we have already paid for our accommodation but not too sure how much money to take? We are self catering so will be having 3 meals a day, drinks in the evening, tourist sight seeing, and enjoying the nightlife. How much £££ would any body recommend to convert??

8 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 8:59 AM
    • outlet for night dress

Budapest Mar 17, 2015 at 11:02 PM

hi any outlets for night dress recommended ?
      thanks

4 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    • Traveling to Sofiok in May

Siofok Mar 15, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Hello, I'm traveling to Sofiok in late May and wondering what to expect. I know there are lots of parties in the summer, but will there be much going on around May 16-24 for parties or night life? Also, are the travelers mostly teens, 20s or older? Thanks

1 Answer Mar 15, 2015 at 10:31 PM
    • butterpaws10's Profile Photo

How should I split my 11 days in Europe?

Budapest Mar 14, 2015 at 1:28 PM

I have 11 days off to travel from NY to Europe from March 25th to April 5th. I am looking for something more relaxed than my usual travels, and would like to incorporate art, history, culture and shopping all in one. Here are my initial destination interests:
      1. spend all 11 days in South of France
      2. split 11 days between Budapest and Vienna
      3. spend all 11 days in Riga

I'd love your thoughts on any of the three. Will 11 days be too much or too little time? Would any of these destinations be considered "relaxing" and easy to travel to? I'll be traveling alone (single female) and joined by another female friend later.

Thanks!

14 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 1:06 AM
    • day out budapest

Budapest Mar 11, 2015 at 1:23 AM

hi any recommendation for nice cities to see out Budapest, ,how to go by public transport bus or metro
      thanks

4 Answers Mar 11, 2015 at 2:16 PM
    • $OR EUROFOR BETTER RATE

Budapest Mar 9, 2015 at 3:16 AM

hi which is better in exchange or no difference in rates ?
      thanks

7 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 8:14 PM
    • Can arrive without cash?

Budapest Mar 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Good day fellow travellers

I will be travelling to Budapest in a couple of weeks time. I have pre-arranged and paid for transport from the airport to the apartment. I have a Halifax credit card which is the cheapest way to obtain cash overseas.

Will I be ok arriving in Budapest with no Hungarian forints? Will it be ok to wait until we can locate a cash machine?

After 5 days we will be travelling by train to Vienna; I have already booked and paid for the train. Will we be ok waiting until we arrive in Vienna to get euro's out of the cash machine?

Always looking for the best deal :-)

Thanking you in anticipation

LisselleC

16 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM
    • ibis budapest city

Budapest Mar 7, 2015 at 2:24 AM

hi which is better to stay btn 3hotels
      1-ibis Budapest city
      2-marmara Budapest
      3-danubius Budapest hotel
      thanks for advise

2 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    • danubius hotel budapest

Budapest Mar 7, 2015 at 1:48 AM

hi any idea about danubius hotel budapest hotel as i read reviews not good

is it good place to use public transport

thank you

3 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 6:55 AM
    • sim card with 3g

Budapest Feb 26, 2015 at 10:04 PM

hi what is the best sim card to use in Budapest with 3g
      thanks

4 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 3:52 AM
    • bus or train

Budapest Feb 24, 2015 at 3:11 AM

hi if I am at ibis Budapest city ,which easy to go from hotel bus or train near hotel,
      in Vienna which station to reach to do tour in Vienna &see most of sightseeing
      thanks

1 Answer Mar 7, 2015 at 8:23 PM
    • shared minivan airport

Budapest Feb 23, 2015 at 2:29 AM

hi does any one know if expedia offers shared airport
      best way to go to veinna bus or train
      any ideas for 3days iternity
      thank u

6 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    • taxi from airport

Budapest Feb 19, 2015 at 5:26 AM

hi how much taxi from airport ,fixed price
      any shared shuttle

6 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    • currency in budapest

Budapest Feb 18, 2015 at 10:23 PM

hi can accept euro or what is national currency,is it easy to exchange in exchange shops or bank,100euro equivalence or $ thanks 1-any idea 4* or 3* cty center,ius ibis nice good hotel 2-easy to go to Vienna as I have to stay 4nighs in Budapest 3-hot baths? 4-any recommendation day out city? 5-reach city from airport by public transport,or hotel on line of public transport no changes direct thanks

7 Answers Feb 19, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    • lorrainece's Profile Photo

Day to explore

Budapest Feb 18, 2015 at 12:29 AM

Hi i have a day to myself before going on an organised tour of Dalmatia. Any ideas as what to do on my own from about 1:00pm time till early evening? Something that is off the beaten track and the tour wont be doing would be great. I will be staying at Hotel Zara. TIA lorraine

6 Answers Mar 15, 2015 at 2:26 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

"Chimney cakes"

Hungary Feb 10, 2015 at 11:09 AM

We really miss the Kürtőskalács buns/cakes from Budapest. I´ve found some recepies, but I´m not sure what material the "roll" is? Is it wooden or metal? I think it looked like some sort of metal at market, but at some photos it looks like it is wooden?
      I hope it is o.k. to ask this in here, I dodn´t know where else to ask!

7 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 2:54 AM
    • apexro's Profile Photo

bekescsaba to gyula

Bekescsaba Feb 9, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I'll arrive to Bekescsaba by train. Can you tell me please how I can go to Gyula by bus (eventually where the bus station is) or by taxi? How much a taxi will cost? Any taxi number?

2 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 8:46 AM
    • Lorinc Pap Ter 2 Budapest 1088 Hungary ‏ - good location for 2 day stay and sightseeing?

Budapest Jan 26, 2015 at 1:35 AM

Hello, any opinion on the location of this hotel Hotel Palazzo Zichy ?

Is the location safe for women walking alone day and evenings to the touristy areas like Vaci Street, over to Buda Castle, the Parliament and the Chain Bridge? I might find the hop-on and off bus unless I find out that public transit is just as good. I hope I can take some transit easily to the hotel.

9 Answers Feb 9, 2015 at 8:03 AM