Hungary

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• camping Hegyi

Szilvasvarad Apr 16, 2014 at 5:55 AM

does anybody know if camping Hegyi still exists?
      Their website is down and the phone number does no longer exist...

more
    • transportation

Toalmas Apr 17, 2014 at 3:59 AM

how to get to Toalmas from Budapest? What transportation is the most easy way for travelers?

more
    • Car parking

Csepel-sziget Apr 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Where can I leave the car during the festival? Any parking spaces? How much can this cost?

more
    • bus from vienna to sopron

Sopron Mar 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi! I'm going to Volt festival this summer. And I've decided to fly to Vienna and from there to go to Sopron (because it's cheaper that way). Also I am planning to stay in Vienna, that means I will have to go to Sopron twice ( because I'm attending only two days of the festival) and return to Vienna. When I was looking for a train, turned out there is no train that goes from sopron straight to vienna after 8pm and if I choose to take a train I'll have to change trains in Wiener Neustadt.

Can you please give me some information. Can I get from Vienna to Sopron and back on a bus? Where can I see the schedule?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

more
    • Direct Flights

Budapest Apr 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I am thinking of flying from Budapest to Split on June 15 or 16. The only flights I have found involve extensive layovers. Are there any airlines that have a direct flight? I have done several internet searches and only come up with major airlines or airlines that have one or more connections.

more
    • ehlershardie's Profile Photo

Budapest to Dubrovnik via Split?? in Sept 2014 Any overnight trains in Sept?

Budapest Mar 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are trying to get from Budapest to Dubrovnik late Sept. Cant find a train schedule for Sept. Also are there any overnight trains from Budapest to Split in Sept? Is it worth spending a day or 2 in Split or is there somewhere else we should visit on our way to Dubrovnik? Thanks, in advance!

more
    • City Travel

Budapest Mar 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

What is the best way to travel from BUD airport to Marriott Hotel at Chain Bridge?

more
    • Direct Flights

Budapest Apr 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I am thinking of flying from Budapest to Split on June 15 or 16. The only flights I have found involve extensive layovers. Are there any airlines that have a direct flight? I have done several internet searches and only come up with major airlines or airlines that have one or more connections.

9 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    • transportation

Toalmas Apr 17, 2014 at 3:59 AM

how to get to Toalmas from Budapest? What transportation is the most easy way for travelers?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • camping Hegyi

Szilvasvarad Apr 16, 2014 at 5:55 AM

does anybody know if camping Hegyi still exists?
      Their website is down and the phone number does no longer exist...

• Car parking

Csepel-sziget Apr 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Where can I leave the car during the festival? Any parking spaces? How much can this cost?

1 Answer Apr 8, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    • ehlershardie's Profile Photo

Budapest to Dubrovnik via Split?? in Sept 2014 Any overnight trains in Sept?

Budapest Mar 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are trying to get from Budapest to Dubrovnik late Sept. Cant find a train schedule for Sept. Also are there any overnight trains from Budapest to Split in Sept? Is it worth spending a day or 2 in Split or is there somewhere else we should visit on our way to Dubrovnik? Thanks, in advance!

9 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • bus from vienna to sopron

Sopron Mar 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi! I'm going to Volt festival this summer. And I've decided to fly to Vienna and from there to go to Sopron (because it's cheaper that way). Also I am planning to stay in Vienna, that means I will have to go to Sopron twice ( because I'm attending only two days of the festival) and return to Vienna. When I was looking for a train, turned out there is no train that goes from sopron straight to vienna after 8pm and if I choose to take a train I'll have to change trains in Wiener Neustadt.

Can you please give me some information. Can I get from Vienna to Sopron and back on a bus? Where can I see the schedule?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • City Travel

Budapest Mar 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

What is the best way to travel from BUD airport to Marriott Hotel at Chain Bridge?

21 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 11:14 PM
    • Transportation questions in Szeged

Szeged Mar 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM

1. Are there left luggage service/lockers at Szeged main bus station?
      2. How do I get from the train station to bus station?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Kövesi art collection

Budapest Mar 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I've seen an article about the Kövesi art collection, can this collection be seen in public? Where? We'll be in Budapest at the end of April.

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 1:17 AM
    • Wine Cellars

Eger Mar 20, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Greetings, will the wine cellars in the Valley of Beautiful Women be open during the first week of April? We went at the end of October and very few were open then.

thank you,
      Wendy

• rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Car Rentals

Hungary Mar 17, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Going to rent a car in Budapest and drive to Croatia, Slovenia and maybe Austria. I heard of horror stories of rental agencies trying to take advantage of people. Any recommendations on best companies?
      Thanks
      rick

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • Has Anyone Visited Hungary by Rented Car?

Hungary Mar 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I' m considering traveling throughout Hungary in a rented car. Has anyone done a trip like this in the past? I don't speak Hungarian and I was wondering about communication problems. Thinking about going in September (hopefully, after most of the tourists have left). Any thoughts and or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

5 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:16 PM
    • Knut123's Profile Photo

Eger, Hungary

Eger Mar 11, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Is it a nice recommend walk near Eger, Hungary?

Knut, Norway

2 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM
    • cheap accomadation

Budapest Mar 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I want to visit Budapest and stay there 3-4days. what is the cheapest way of stayin there? I there anybody who can inform me about Budapest ? thank you

9 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 11:25 PM
    • axmeg's Profile Photo

3 nights in Budapest

Budapest Mar 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM

i will be in Budapest for 3 night what the must tour i should take and places to visit thx

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • Hungary, Kalocsa

Kalocsa Feb 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM

When is the horse and buggy race in Kalocsa

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    • Two black ladies traveling to Pecs from Budapest. Safety and transport advise please :)

Pecs Feb 20, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Hi there!

We are two black British and American friends visiting Budapest for the first time. Would like to visit Pecs during our stay, but wanted to know how safe it is for foreigners...meaning black people to get get around the city? What should we do and shouldn't do so as not to get unwanted attention or irritate the locals? We are fun and outgoing ladies and just want to enjoy our break, but another friend had a not so good experience when she visited with her white boyfriend and that has left us feeling somewhat anxious.

Is it best to travel by train or bus? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

My partner is Hungarian and I should visit with him, but he gets so protective when people look at us (me especially) that I wanted to do this trip without him...could do without a bodyguard, so hence I'm going with a friend instead. He knows I'm going away, but I am not telling him where to until we arrive there. I want him to know that I love him enough to visit his country on my own and he wouldn't need to be so protective of me when I visit with him. Any advise on a fun trip would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Vera

6 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Renting a car in Budapest

Budapest Feb 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM

My wife and I are going to rent a car in Budapest and drive to Zagreb. Of course I don't know Budapest and not excited about driving in a fairly big city and not knowing where I'm going. Where would the best place to rent a car to get on the highway to Croatia, i.e air port or down town.
      thanks
      rick

9 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • codrutz's Profile Photo

Accomodation with free and safe parking

Budapest Feb 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I'm going to Budapest with my own car and I want to find a place to park it free like in a parking of the hotel or on the street like the locals, should be free overnight (it's about one night only).

From the following what would you recommend, given the area, as close to city center and as safety for the car:
      1. Metro Hotel
      2. Senator Apartments
      3. Vila Hotel Kristal
      4. Toscana Apartments

Other recommendations welcomed as long as it is a budget option (under €80/room, incl.parking and breakfast)

Thanks!

16 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Old cameras

Budapest Feb 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM

We were in Budapest year ago before christmas. When we were walking to the big market hall, we passed a shop (I think it was at the same street as the hall, my husband disagrees) where they had old cameras in the window. I mean really old ones. I said I would love to have one, not to use, just to use as a decoration. Those were around 20 euros, many of them. Our budget was VERY low, and I said, I will forget it. I have talked many times after that, that I was an idiot to leave it there. Now we are going again week from now, and I do have my birthday at the trip. My husband wants to buy me the camera. Does anyone know this shop? I hope we will find it again.

14 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • Buses from Budapest to Kecel with time table?

Kecel Feb 10, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Hi! Is there any buses from Budapest to Kecel with time table? Please advise, thank you! Allen Shan

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM
    • Question title

Kecel Feb 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Hi! Is there any buses from Budapest to Kecel with time table? Please advise, thank you! Allen Shan

• nebulaflash's Profile Photo

Airline recommendations

Budapest Feb 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Flying from Budapest to Manchester - what airlines are comfortable and reasonably priced. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 2:41 AM
    • nebulaflash's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend good hotel in the city of Budapest

Budapest Feb 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM

We are looking for a good hotel in this city - clean and affordable. Thanks for your help and knowledge.

12 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • in february

Siofok Feb 6, 2014 at 4:50 PM

is it a good place to visit in february? will I find fun and "night life"?

3 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Opera tickets, Parliament tour

Budapest Feb 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM

We'll be in Budapest for four days at the end of April. We'll want to go to the Opera, I saw the website for ordering tickets. Should I order a long time before the performance? We'll want good places to hear and see.

There's Figaro or Tosca in our time range. I hope and expect that the staging is traditional, I don't like classical Operas with modern staging.

We'll also want to make the Parliament tour, on a different day. Can the parliament tours be booked for the day when we go to order, or do we have to reserve days ahead?

10 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • Stay in Budapest

Budapest Feb 6, 2014 at 9:23 AM

I will be arriving at keleti railway station; have to spend 3 nights in Budapest (traveling solo)
      Should I look for hostels in Keleti itself ? (Somebody pointed that keel tai isn't a good area to stay..is it true?)

Pls suggest places to visit.

2 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • restaurants

Budapest Feb 4, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hello,
      I would like recommendations for good local restaurants.
      Thank you
      Boris

9 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Budapest to Ljubljana

Budapest Feb 3, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Hi!
      I am traveling from Budapest to Ljubljana on the 30th of March and am trying to find out my mode of transport.

I purchased a eurail ticket and the timetable says zia Zagreb. Though when I type my search into the eurail timetable or bahn it's coming up you have to go zia Austria with as many as 8 changes!

Could the websites just be stuffing up, or does anyone know if the zia Zagrab service is still running if so, how many changes is it?
      Or is there direct bus routes between to two places to make it simpler?
      I tried orangeways and I think there may be, but my computer isn't to great at translating...

Any help or suggestions would be great!

10 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

How Early can I print Wizz Air boarding passes

Budapest Jan 31, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Hello fellow Vter's

I am flying into London Heathrow on March 29th at 11.30AM and then directly going over to Luton airport to go to Budapest by Wizz air at 8PM.

I have booked Wizz Air and opted fpr Web Checkin.
      I won't have any way to print boarding passes at Heathrow
      or Luton (I assume).

Question is: how soon can I print the boarding passes?
      I could print them on March 28th when I am leaving Phoenix
      but the time will be more than 24 hours to Wizz Air flight.

Any advice?

many thanks.

5 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 5:01 PM