change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Hunan Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit

Zhangjiajie Apr 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit? We are going to What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit and were trying to find other places around there that might have Buddhist Caves or temples that are worth seeing.

thanks

• Marshallthecat's Profile Photo

Hostel / Guest House accomodation

Fenghuangcun Mar 10, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I am visiting Fenghuang with my partner and four year old daughter in early June. I have pre-booked a 3/4 star hotel on Agoba but feel that this is the sort of destination where I should be in a more traditional local guest house. However I want to pre-book all accommodation as with a young child I don't want to take risks. Any recommendations for smaller (nice) places that might have a website/email to pre book with? Thanks Nick

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 12:24 AM
    • Nightlife in Hunan

Hunan Sheng Jan 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM

A couple of my friends and I, all of us in our twenties, are looking for the best places to go out at night in Hunan.
      We love the idea of going to Hunan because it seems to mix the beauty of ancient China, with a new and upcoming city with tons of nightlife activities. While we have plenty of information on what sites to see, we are lacking in info about what the hotspots are for young people, which bars are good, what areas have the bet nightlife, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions for us?

• how to go to Changsha West Bus Station from Civil Aviation Hotel by bus?

Changsha Jan 19, 2014 at 7:03 AM

how to go to Changsha West Bus Station from Civil Aviation Hotel by bus?

• Is camping possible in the zhang jia jie nature reserve or nearby?

Zhangjiajie Sep 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM

We might be bringing camping gear with us from a previous expedition. Will we be able to camp in or around the zhangjiajie nature park? We just prefer camping and hiking to hotels. Thank you!

• tenluk's Profile Photo

Zhangjiajie Trip

Zhangjiajie Sep 18, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Hello VT members,

What is the different stay over night between Zhangjiajie city and Wulingyuan.
      Are there any night market around the city?
      What is the taxi cost from airport to downtown Zhangjiajie near the Train station, is it safe to take taxi if the flight arrival is around 22pm

Thanks

• SandiM's Profile Photo

What to photograph in Zhangjiajie Scenic Park(s)

Zhangjiajie Jul 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Canadian here, semi-professional photographer, I sell my photos at my local crafters market and this helps me pay for my next trip. I've photographed China a few times already, customers love it. I'm going to ZJJ in September and have only 1 day to select the most photogenic spots of the Park and need help narrowing down my selections. I was thinking about Avatar mountain (it might sell, if I get some mists in the shot) and maybe Baofeng Lake (we don't have that kind of scenery in Canada especially the karst mountains), but what else? I've done Huangshan and I have a pretty good portfolio of that kind of topography so I really need something 'different'. I am doing Tianmenshan on another day, and the ZJJ Grand Canyon on the final day. So, just mainly speaking of the park and surrounding area (by publice transport), what shall I do? I noticed a lot of the scenery reminded me of Bryce Canyon in Utah (a different color tho!), so I'm not sure if that's really different enough for my folks. There's a couple natural bridges around there that might be cool. Other suggestions?

3 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Fenghuang back to Hong Kong, September 2013

Hunan Sheng Jul 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I'm really having some difficulty mulling this one over and I really want to go to FH so I simply must find a way to do this: I'm still pondering my options to get from FH to (ultimately) Hong Kong in 1 day. If you've done this route before, can you give me some ideas? The first idea I got was to take a bus from FH in the morning to Changsha and catch a G-train to Shenzhen. But I understand that the bus can take from 5 hours to 7 hours to get to Changsha?? I tried to find a flight from Tongren to Guarngzhou, but the only 1 flight available leaves at 10pm and gets to Guangzhou at 1130pm so that doesn't help me. Then I had the bright idea to hire a taxi or guide to drive us from our previous hotel in Zhangjiajie to FH, stay overnight, and then have him drive us to Changsha in the morning, but I don't know how costly that would be and I don't know who to contact to get a quote. So, any other ideas? I really am set on 1 night in FH but we really have to get back to Hong Kong in 1 day and I like the bus idea to Changsha but 7 hours?? Really?

1 Answer Jul 24, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    • Zhangjiajie in December, Snow??

Zhangjiajie Jul 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Hi, I'm visiting ZJJ this year end Christmas. Can i expect a "White Christmas" in ZJJ? How is the weather for last christmas in ZJJ? Snow? Thanks.

5 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    • Yellow Dragon Cave (Huang Long Dong)

Zhangjiajie Jun 27, 2013 at 6:59 AM

If I want to go to the yellow dragon cave, do I have to pay for entire Wulingyuan scenic ticket? Or can I just pay for the cave entrance?

2 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    • Bus stop near Yichen International Hotel,

Zhangjiajie Jun 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Hi! What is the closest bus stop near the Yichen International Hotel – Zhangjiajie, No. 188 – 186 Binhe Road? Which bus would I need to take from the trainstation?

1 Answer Jul 4, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    • Zhangjiajie is free for students under 19 years?

Zhangjiajie Jun 14, 2013 at 3:06 AM

we are travelling to Zhangjiajie in July. I have read in the internet, that students under 19 years have free access to some tourist sites. Does this also include the Tianmen Mountains and the Yellow Dragon cave?

6 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 2:18 AM
    • AlexanderM3's Profile Photo

Looking for a business

Changsha Jun 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I am looking for a business called lili Photography from what i have been told it is 10min driving distance from the Huatian hotel. From what i have gathered from my own research is it may be in the TianXin District on JieFang road but i do not know this for sure so the information could be incorrect. I am looking for the expat location and in possible contact information. Im not sure if i will make it back this way to check this site again so please contact me at Alexmager@gmail.com, thank you for your time and any help you may be able to give.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Where is this? I'm going to ZJJ in September!

Zhangjiajie May 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I saw this photo when I was googling 'bridges' in Zhangjiajie and this one came up. They call it a moon bridge, and I'm wondering if it's really real and if so, whereabouts is it? I'll be in the area in September this year. And the chinese name if you know it, please!

sun-surfer.com/moon-bridge-z...

10 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    • Zhangjiajie (and area) hostel culture for a solo backpacker

Zhangjiajie Feb 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Hello, I am wondering about the backpacker culture around Zhangjiajie. I am a first time backpacker traveling SOLO In April. I am looking to be there mid apr sometime.. I know it's a popular place amongst the Chinese, but am I likely to run into other English speaking backpackers in the Youth Hostels there to go on these long hikes in the area with? As it's kind of complicated and out of the way to get there I don't really want to hike for days alone!

3 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    • Violin Rentals in Yueyang?

Yueyang Oct 25, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Is there a shop to rent violins for just a few days in Yueyang, Hunan?

Xie Xie

• Tianmenshan Skywalk

Zhangjiajie Mar 24, 2012 at 3:46 AM

How much is the ticket price to walk this skywalk and how long does it take?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

From Changsha to FengHuang Phoenix town

Hunan Sheng Feb 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

We are thinking about flying from Kunming to Changsha, staying 1 night and then we want to get to FengHuang for 2 nights, coming back to Changsha via Zhiangjiaje (maybe) to catch a plane up to Taiyuan (Pingyao). I can't find any word of a 2-3 day tour to FengHuang online. What is the likelihood I can arrange a private/non-private tour or even a shuttle bus to get to FH from either the airport or our hotel (haven't picked one yet but heard great things about one called the FeeTel Creativity hotel)? Any idea of cost?

2 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 5:00 AM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

Winter visit

Zhangjiajie Sep 27, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Hi, based on the winters in 2009 and 2010, is it possible to visit the mountains in Zhangjiajie in late Nov and early Dec with no problems?

• BUS FROM CHANGSHA TO HUAIHAI

Changsha Aug 24, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Where can I find an online bus schedule for the route between Chansha and Huaihai? How often does the bus leave and what times do they leave? Thank you for any help.

• Changsha to Huaihua bus

Huaihua Aug 24, 2011 at 6:04 PM

My tour ends in Changsha, but I was told that the town of Zhenyuan is worth seeing, so I want to stop at Huaihua on the way the Zhenyuan. I read there is a 4 hour bus from Changsha to Huaihua. Can someone please tell me how to catch this bus and when does it leave Changsha? Also, what is the bus fare? Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

4 Answers Sep 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM
    • MikeTemple's Profile Photo

Apartments

Changsha Jun 16, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I am planning on moving to Changsha in October. Can you give me any information on apartment rentals? Rent? Utility costs?
      Thanks, Mike

4 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • bonbonhart's Profile Photo

Going to Zhangjiajie .. THe best time ..When

Zhangjiajie Feb 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Hi friends,
      As i m planning to visit Zhangjiajie. I would like you to suggest about
      1. Should i go in April or MAy. Is it any differences?
      2. What is the weather like during that time ?
      3. Need climbing or treking ? I m not that kind of type :P
      4. I m not sure is it comparable between juizhaigoa and Zhangjiajie, Hallelujah Mountains in Avatar :P. Anyone care to give and idea in beatiful scenery perspective.

Thanks
      Nan

2 Answers Mar 2, 2011 at 12:19 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

FengHuang Phoenix Town question

Hunan Sheng Dec 13, 2010 at 1:48 PM

I'm sorting through a list of towns to visit in China in September 2011 and FengHuang has entered my radar as a possibility. Apparently, there is a lovely gorge nearby called the TiangLong Valley (or something like that) with steps bolted into the sides of the cliff to walk above the waterfalls. How do it find info on that and how to get there (and back?) For hotels in the town, I understand that there may be some new ones along the river which might be nicer than the listed ones on Tripadvisor. Has anyone been there recently and can recommend a (clean) hotel for 2 older ladies who are still fairly active? We'd like to be close to the scenic spots in town. Also, I need info on how best to get there from either the nearest city's airport or the nearest city's bus station that has frequent buses to and from FengHuang. Dont' worry about where it is, we'll there (fly in?) in order to save time as we only have 10 days in China and many towns to visit (In order, first draft: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Huangshan, Xingyi, Taiyuan, Pingyao, Beijing). Information websites would be most apprciated!

3 Answers Dec 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    • What time is the last bus from Fenghuang to Huaihua?

Huaihua Sep 2, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 22, 2011 at 2:17 AM
    • Fenghuang Gucheng

Hunan Sheng Aug 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Hi. How can I go from Wuhan to Fenghuang Gucheng. Thank you.

1 Answer Nov 11, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    • Veilchenimmaerz's Profile Photo

Malariaprotection in Changsha

Changsha Jul 16, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Please tell me if there will be any Malaria protection or other mosquito protection necessary in Changsha.
      Who knows it?
      Thank you very much for your information
      That´s the question of Veilchenimmaerz

6 Answers Jul 24, 2010 at 12:06 AM
    • hunan travels

Hunan Sheng Jun 17, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Hi, I'm planning to go from Zhangjiajie to Fenghuang to Wuhan.
      May I know what is the easier way to get from Fenghuang to Wuhan, as I am unable to find direct routes online.
      & Is Fenghuang near to Zhangjiajie? How do I get there?
      Thanks for the help!

2 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    • Best wayt o travel from Changsha to Liuyang

Changsha Mar 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Is the train the best way to travel from Changsha to Liuyang? If not what form of transportation should i use?

Thank you,
      Johnathan

2 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 6:39 AM
    • Travel to Jinshi

Changsha Feb 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I will be traveling to Changsha at the end of March. I would like to know how to get to Jinshi by bus/coach from Changsha airport? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance for any advice.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 3:03 AM