Huddersfield Travel Answers

change location
MellySmelly's Profile Photo

Huddersfield To Burnley, Lancashire Bus or Train Transportation plus fares

by MellySmelly Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Hi VT Members,

Perhaps someone can help me here. I am looking to travel from Huddersfield, Yorkshire to the Burnley Bus Station, Lancashire. Does anyone know what transport services could get me there. I plan to travel in October. If someone you kindly provide fares that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Melly.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Huddersfield To Burnley, Lancashire Bus or Train Transportation plus fares

by leics Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 11:08 AM

You can get from Huddersfield to Burnley (Manchester Road station) by train. Journey takes 1h 40 mins, with one change at Leeds, according the the official national rail site. This is ridiculous for a distance of 30 miles or so.

National Express coaches do not run this route, but there may be a local service. Hopefully another VT-er will know.

www.nationalrail.co.uk will give you train times and fares, but not for October: it's too far away. However, if you put in the same day with an August date you will at least get and idea of train times and fares (which may go up before October). Cheapest standard single fare is around 15GBP.

Burnley bus station is on Centenary Way (I think), quite some distance from the railway station, so you might decide to take a taxi beteen the two.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 1:03 PM

The best way is to go Huddersfield to Halifax and in Halifax pick up a Blackpool North bound train that will stop at Burnley London Road station. Have a look at www.northernrail.org for details.

• ricky52's Profile Photo

by ricky52 Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Local buses are available.

From Huddersfield Bus Station catch a bus to Halifax Bus Station, get off there.
    From Halifax Bus Station you can catch a bus to Burnley Bus Station.
    At Halifax Bus Station there is a cafe and fish and chip restaurant if you need to have something to eat.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Huddersfield