change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Flying to Iquitos from Lima

Peru Dec 2, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hi,
      I've heard that you can get cheaper tickets (return for around €120) at Lima airport.

Can anyone confirm this?

What's the cheapest way to get return flights?
      I need to fly from Lima to Iquitos and back again next week.

Flight prices are looking to be around €216 - €250 return... which I think is a bit expensive.

Cheers! :-)

more
    • Virgin Vacation

Machu Picchu Dec 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

any VT mbrs heard/used Virgin Vacation to Lima (cusco,etc)?

more
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

how to get from Lima airport to hotel

Peru Dec 4, 2014 at 3:42 AM

two quetsions 1) any reccomendation of hotels, small friendly, central to stay in Lima have two nights.
      2) best and safest way to get from airport to hotel ( am female travelling solo)

more
    • Physical requirement

Machu Picchu Dec 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM

How difficult is it to tour this place? I will be joining a 48 hours land tour while in a SA cruise. I have a lower back & minor knee problem. Should I completely avoid this once in a lifetime tour. I do 30 minutes walks every two days but am not sure if my body can handle such a "steep" climb. Any information, recommendation, feedback will be greatly appreciated.I am determined to visit & see this wonder and didn't mind paying a lot for this tour.
      Also, I hear from others that have been there that the high altitude may also pose a problem particularly for those w/some breathing problem..feedback please. Thank you

more
    • Hiking the Santa Cruz Trail in November

by cyth0701 Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Is it possible to hike the trail in late November? Is it too rainy by then? How is the weather for other day hikes (laguna 69, etc) Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM
    • DinkaYa's Profile Photo

Humacchuco or Vicos

by DinkaYa Online Now Sep 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Has anybody did the home stays suggested recently? How is it possible to book them? How do you get there?

• Is there a morning bus from Lima to Huaraz?

by sacajawaangie Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Hi-
      We arrive Lima at 22:30 -- too late for Cruz del Sur's only bus to Huaraz at 22:00. I found others that leave at 13:00 but would rather get out of Lima earlier. Does anyone know if any other reputable company with a morning bus to Huaraz?

1 Answer Apr 7, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    • Kebek's Profile Photo

Rafting in Huaraz area

by Kebek Online Now Feb 7, 2007 at 8:06 AM

Hello people,

We are a group of 14 student in a outdoor shcool here in Quebec and we are planning a trip to Huaraz region in april. We want to know if it is possible to rent raft in the city or near. If yes, where?

Thank you for helping us,

jonathan

4 Answers Mar 11, 2007 at 12:14 PM
    • Acclimatization period before Santa Cruz Trek

by 99309816 Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 5:13 PM

Has anyone ever done the Santa Cruz trek (or any other trek) without the 2-3 day acclimatization period. My plan is to fly in from Lima at 1:40 PM and start a trek the next morning, is this a bad idea? thnaks in advance

3 Answers Jan 12, 2007 at 11:58 PM
    • onebadcat's Profile Photo

Trekking and Climbing Huaraz Region? Need Help ASAP!

by onebadcat Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 4:03 PM

We want to do the Huayhuash Circuit starting in the next couple of days. Tour agencies in town are overpriced. Being a bit out of season we aren't meeting anyone traveling to ask about their treks so:

1. Anyone done Huayhuash circuit in total by themselves? Is routefinding a big problem? Would it be in bad weather? How many days did you take?

2. Anyone done it with only a mule and handler for guidance and support? Where did you arrange it and what did it cost per day?

3. Anyone done it with an inexpensive guide/tour company? Names and what it cost?

and FINALLY

4. Has anyone climbed Pisco, Uros or Eshenka (sp?)? What did it cost and can you recommend a guide or is their a guide or agncy we should avoid?

Hey, thanks a lot for any info!

Scott

1 Answer Oct 3, 2006 at 11:45 PM
    • bockee's Profile Photo

also-- best cooks for the trail?

by bockee Online Now Dec 23, 2005 at 9:55 AM

And this may sound ridiculous, but are some cooks better than others? We would like to have excellent food on the trail!

Erica

2 Answers Jan 3, 2006 at 8:28 AM
    • bockee's Profile Photo

Where to begin the Huayhuash circuit-- looking for hikers to share in expenses for self-organized tr

by bockee Online Now Dec 23, 2005 at 9:45 AM

My husband and I would like to hike the Huayhuash Circuit. We have about 15-16 days in total and are considering using a logistics group to help us organize a trip, as opposed to a tour group-- in an effort to keep the costs down.

We are thinking about going Lima to either Huaraz or Chiquian and then starting at Matacancha via Huallanca and ending in Chiquian. My resesarch indicates it will be between 8-10 days on the trail.

Any advice? We are considering August or September of 2006.

Is there any way to make part of the trek via LLama or horse?

We are both 30 and in reasonable shape (but would train for this hike).

Erica

2 Answers Feb 21, 2006 at 3:58 PM
    • bockee's Profile Photo

Where to begin the circuit-- looking for hikers to share in expenses for self-organized trip 2006

by bockee Online Now Dec 23, 2005 at 8:59 AM

My husband and I would like to hike the Huayhuash Circuit. We have about 15-16 days in total and are considering using a logistics group to help us organize a trip, as opposed to a tour group-- in an effort to keep the costs down.

We are thinking about going Lima to either Huaraz or Chiquian and then starting at Matacancha via Huallanca and ending in Chiquian. My resesarch indicates it will be between 8-10 days on the trail.

Any advice? We are considering August or September of 2006.

Is there any way to make part of the trek via LLama or horse?

We are both 30 and in reasonable shape (but would train for this hike).

Erica

• Huaraz in December

by mi_re Online Now Dec 6, 2005 at 12:01 AM

Hi

Is there anything to do in Huaraz in December?

1 Answer Dec 6, 2005 at 1:25 PM
    • Huaraz in December

by mi_re Online Now Dec 5, 2005 at 9:14 PM

Hi

Is there anything to do in Huaraz in December?

• micky_d's Profile Photo

rainy season ?

by micky_d Online Now Nov 29, 2005 at 4:54 PM

hi,
      I would like to know if it is worth to do atrek in Huaraz in the begining of January. is it too rainy and cloudy to enjoy, or is it okay?

also, any recommendations for trek operators? i'm thinking of the Santa Cruz trek.
      a 3 day trek.

Thank you

• boasnovas's Profile Photo

weather

by boasnovas Online Now Oct 27, 2005 at 2:32 PM

How is the weather in late november in cordillera blanca, Huaraz? I know it can rain, but how about the temperatures?

1 Answer Oct 30, 2005 at 6:40 AM
    • dynnyrne's Profile Photo

Travel from Lima to Huaraz

by dynnyrne Online Now Aug 28, 2005 at 11:24 PM

Hi,
      My husband and I are going on a tour in Peru next year that ends in Lima at the end of April. We wanted to catch the bus up to Huaraz and stay for a bit. Anyone have any tips? How long would be a good time? Is a week too long, too short? I like walks, but not climbs (he likes climbing). Are there local operators he could do day climbs with? Nice walks around there?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 4, 2005 at 9:30 PM
    • Santa Cruz to Llanganuco

by blindell Online Now May 23, 2005 at 4:15 PM

This July, a friend and I are planning to hike from Santa Cruz to Llanganuco. I have done a little camping in my day, but my partner has done almost none. We both speak Spanish, and we will be acclimated by the time we make our trek. Here are my questions:

1. Do we need a guide to make this trek? Is the trail well traveled and well marked, or will we get lost and perish somewhere in the Andes? And is it safe for two american college students to make the trek alone?

2. Is it feasible for us to carry 20-25kilo backpacks for this trek? Is the trail so steep that I will be miserable carrying the pack?

3. If, as I suspect, we should be trekking with a company and guide, which do you suggest?

Thanks for the input in advance!

Brad

2 Answers Jun 3, 2005 at 1:02 PM
    • gilid's Profile Photo

andean kingdom

by gilid Online Now Oct 22, 2004 at 1:51 AM

does someone know what the e mail and the internet site of the traveling agancy "andean kingdom"?

2 Answers Oct 22, 2004 at 12:01 PM
    • sanger's Profile Photo

Trekking around Cordillera Blanca

by sanger Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 5:19 PM

I looking to do some short treks around Cordillera Blanca next year but I'm having a little difficultly finding any guide books with detailed descriptions of the treks in the area. I've used the Trail Blazer guides for treks in Nepal and loved them but I there doesn't appear to be one for this region. The Lonely Planet guide for the area seems to be a bit too light on details and maps to allow you to do much independent trekking.

1 Answer Aug 13, 2004 at 8:39 AM
    • Sola in Huaraz

by imientras Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 9:38 AM

Hi. I'm thinking of going to Huaraz in a couple days, and am wondering if it is possible and safe to take walks alone. Also, are tours very pricey?

1 Answer Aug 24, 2003 at 7:58 PM
    • Treking peaks in Huaraz region

by JAPF Online Now Jul 1, 2003 at 12:54 AM

I ma looking to do a 5000 - 6000 meer peak around late July in the Huaraz area. I'd like to know of any peaks that are good value and not technical. Also 1, Any recommendations for guides 2, Any special equipment needs? 3, Any web sites/email addresses of helpful people

2 Answers Jun 7, 2005 at 9:42 AM
    • Anyone interested in hiking a 6000mer in July?

by PliniotheCat Online Now May 28, 2003 at 9:48 AM

Hi, I'm going to hike a mountain over 6,000m in July 2003 from Huaraz or Caraz. I'll be hiring a guide but I'd appreciate some company (also to lower the costs for each person). It'll be a 3 or 4 day expedition. There are several mountains to choose from but I've yet to find out which is the best option. Please get in touch if you're interested!

5 Answers Jul 1, 2003 at 12:40 AM
    • Do I need a mule in the Anden?

by interjoe Online Now May 28, 2003 at 3:26 AM

Next september I will do a trek in the Cordillera Huayhuash with my brother. I normally don't carry more than 15 kg on my back, but if I take the food for 9+3 days it will be at least 28kg. Do you think we should rent a mule to carry the food? Thanks for your help! jo

2 Answers May 28, 2003 at 4:48 AM
    • Peru Itinerary

by gochcr Online Now Mar 18, 2003 at 5:59 AM

We will be visiting Peru starting April 18 (Good Friday). We have until the following Saturday evening (depart Lima) to see this large and interesting country. Both travelers are bilingual and are interested in history, culture, art, life in the pueblos, food, music, etc. Not so interested in adventure type touring like climbing or rafting. Any suggestions of a third or fourth city I could add to our itinerary? We plan on starting in Lima and intend to do Cuzco and Macchu Pichu. Is it possible to see Iquitos/Amazon jungle area in a couple of days? How about cities to the north of Lima? Any suggestions? thanks - craig

4 Answers Mar 20, 2003 at 4:04 PM