Huaraz Travel Answers

change location
onebadcat's Profile Photo

Trekking and Climbing Huaraz Region? Need Help ASAP!

by onebadcat Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 4:03 PM

We want to do the Huayhuash Circuit starting in the next couple of days. Tour agencies in town are overpriced. Being a bit out of season we aren't meeting anyone traveling to ask about their treks so:

1. Anyone done Huayhuash circuit in total by themselves? Is routefinding a big problem? Would it be in bad weather? How many days did you take?

2. Anyone done it with only a mule and handler for guidance and support? Where did you arrange it and what did it cost per day?

3. Anyone done it with an inexpensive guide/tour company? Names and what it cost?

and FINALLY

4. Has anyone climbed Pisco, Uros or Eshenka (sp?)? What did it cost and can you recommend a guide or is their a guide or agncy we should avoid?

Hey, thanks a lot for any info!

Scott

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Prinsalsita's Profile Photo

RE: Trekking and Climbing Huaraz Region? Need Help ASAP!

by Prinsalsita Online Now Oct 3, 2006 at 11:45 PM

I have done other circuits but all the time with a tour company. Not because you can not do it yourself but simply for safety. If you find other visitors in town you can join their group. I usually call Monttrekk, check my page in peru for their address, phone number and their email address. You can always ask them to tell you if they have something planned or priced the circuit.
    enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines