Huangshan Travel Answers

change location

need advice re: hotels and trasport to huangshan

by georgehu76 Online Now May 12, 2007 at 11:38 PM

Hi, I'm traveling to huangshan the beginning of June with my family--it's a special family trip for us. We will be flying into Shanghai, and then hopefully flying into huangshan and climbing the mountain. I have a few questions to make this trip the best it can be for our family.

1. What airport would we fly into from Shanghai? (We would prefer to fly as opposed to taking a train)
2. Can we climb up mt. huangshan in one day?
3. Where would we stay on the top of the mountain? Price is not an consideration--we just want the best place...
4. Do we need to stay at the base of the mountain? What city would we stay in? What hotels are nice there?

THANK YOU for any help you can provide!!!

george

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • MikeySoft's Profile Photo

Re: need advice re: hotels and trasport to huangshan

by MikeySoft Online Now May 12, 2007 at 11:53 PM

We just spent 2 days at Huang shan but only one day (day trip) on the mountain. I think 2 days with overnight at the mountain would be better. But I do not speak chinese so I don't know how to make resevations. I saw several hotels on the mountain.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Confucius's Profile Photo

by Confucius Online Now May 13, 2007 at 10:32 AM

1. There are flights from both Hongqiao and Pudong to Huangshan's airport.
    2. Yes, and there's even a cable car to make it more feasible for your family.
    3. "Beihai Binguan" is the name of one of the best hotels on the summit.
    4. The city at the base of the mountain is Tunxi. Huangshan International Hotel is located there as well as "Huaxi Fandian"

• ellyse's Profile Photo

by ellyse Online Now May 21, 2007 at 8:20 PM

1) The nearest airport is called Huangshan. Why fly? You could either go on the overnight train, or take a shortish bus ride from Hangzhou.
    2) Possible, but very tiring.
    3) Try Xihai Hotel.
    4) That's dependent on what your own schedule is like, isn't it? City would be Tunxi aka Huangshan city, still 1.5 hours from Huangshan mountain itself. Town would be Tangkou, at the foot of the mountain. So which one are you looking for?

• Re: need advice re: hotels and trasport to huangshan

by georgehu76 Online Now May 21, 2007 at 11:09 PM

thanks ellyse! I think that we will probably need to stay in the town, tangkou. What hotels would you recommend there? Are there any nice ones?

• Re: need advice re: hotels and trasport to huangshan

by georgehu76 Online Now May 21, 2007 at 11:09 PM

Thanks confucious! I have also heard of xihai hotel at the summit. Which one do you think is better?

• ellyse's Profile Photo

by ellyse Online Now May 22, 2007 at 8:13 AM

At Tangkou, we stayed at this place (http://www.hsqnls.com) which was pretty good (and cheap), but you'll probably have trouble finding it unless they fetch you. I'm sure there're better places if you pay more money.
    I've not stayed at Beihai but Xihai Hotel was quite good.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Huangshan