I'll be going for my first time to attend a retreat and experience ayahuasca, for the most part I'll be on my own except a relative of mine might come just for a little but its not for sure. Anyway, I'm just checking if any like minded people are going on the same days for similar reasons. Thanks. Chris
I am planning on going to South America for 3 weeks. I have a few things that I would like to do, but I am not sure it is worth it to do it all in one trip. Since I have never been to South America before, Any advice regarding my itinerary would be appreciated
- Machu Pichu: I plan to stay in Cuzco for 2 nights prior to. I am assuming in total, between Lima, Cuzco and Machu Pichu, I will need a week or more. Am I correct?
-La Paz: Is it worth it to make my way down to La Paz, or will this take too much time. Any advice for places to visit along the way would be appreciated
- Brazil: I was planning to potentially go to Rio De Janeiro . Is it too much to fly across the continent on a three week trip? would it be worth it? We will be travelling in June during the World Cup. Will prices rise exponentially?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
1) Which gives a better exchange rate in Cusco, banks or money changers?
2) What are the areas is Cusco that tourists should stay clear of?
3) If we need to catch the 11 am train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, what time should we leave Cusco if we take a cab? How much is the current taxi fare between Cusco and Ollantaytambo, one-way? Or is there an alternative to a taxi, like maybe an express bus (same route)?
4) I understand that food cannot be brought inside Machu Picchu but what about water? Could someone verify that it is allowed provided that it's in refillable containers but not in plastic disposable bottles?
5) Finally, is it possible for Machu Picchu visitors to enter the Inca Trail in the reverse direction in order to view Winay Wayna? If yes, how much is the cost if any and is a guide still required for this?
Thanks for any responses!
I will be staying in Cusco for 4 nights and will hope to visit Machu Picchu but i can only book my tickets 2 weeks before i travel so i am wondering is there sufficient time for me to book the train from Cusco to Machu Picchu ?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|