Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sillyger's Profile Photo

End Nov 21-26 Family trip (include 2 old folks) - 6D5N

Taiwan Apr 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hi All
      I need help to come up with itinerary which suitable for two my old folks in the family trip. Though this is not my first trip to Taiwan but I always travel alone therefore not much of an issue. My old folks are in their mid 70s, therefore I also need recommendation for good & reliable private driver to cater for this family (3 adults, 2 elderly, 2 teenagers)

Would it be too taxing to travel around with old folks..
      Mainly I would bring them experience Yeliu/Jiufen/Shifen/Beitou (Hot Spring)/Night Market, Yilan & Keelung also nice place to explore. Please help me...

Taipei - Yilan - Keelung - Taipei

more
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Beitou or Yangmingshan -- hot springs?

Taipei Mar 30, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering which is a better hot spring to go to when in Taipei?

Or is there a better hot spring out of Taipei?

Thanks all! :)

smiles, Francesca

more
    • Itinerary Suggestion

Taipei Apr 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Dear all, I am planning for a 7D/6N trip to Taiwan, with my girlfriend during the month of July this year. I have been to Taiwan couple of times, however it will be the first for my girlfriend. I like to ask for suggestion to create a beautiful memorable experience for her.

Thank you.

more
    • Share cab around Taiwan

Taiwan Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Hi, My friend and I will going to Taichung around end of November (25th- 30th) which is only 2 of us.

We have contacted a cab which is very reasonable price. We have two people and anyone going around the time maybe we can share the cab? THANKS :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Taipei Airport restaurants

Taipei Apr 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hi. I will have a layover in Taipei on the 15th for 4 hours. I wonder if the restaurants will accept US dollars or Taiwanese dollars if I want to order something? Thank you

more
    • Taroko to Sun Moon to Alisan

by vivakid Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Hi there,

I would be driving with my familly in Aug from Taipei to Taroko area to check out the gorge and stay for a night in tarako area. After which we are intending to drive to Sun Moon Lake, would like to check how long would it take to drive there on average? We are considering just a stopover at sun moon lake and heading straight to Alisan or to have a night stay over at Sun moon and then later heading to Alisan the next day? Which would be advisable?

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jul 30, 2011 at 3:37 AM
    • Train tickets Taipei-Hualien round trip

by sunmeg Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM

We want to travel ( round trip) from Taipei to Hualien by train. While TRA has a website for internet booking of train tickets which allows you to book upto 2 weeks in advance, you are required to pay and pick up the tickets within 48 hours which is not feasible if you are not yet in Taiwan. I am not sure if it is possible to pay online by credit card, and pick up the tickets at the station on arrival in Taiwan. Could someone advise me

1 Answer Jun 30, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    • Taroko Gorge and Cingshui Cliffs

by hueyfanatic Online Now Feb 4, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Hi all,
      i'm planning do a day trip from Taipei to
      Hualian,

covering Taroko Gorge and the Cingshui cliffs.
      Will it be possible?
      any suggestions of which travel operator i should go with or any recommended taxi drivers which i can contact?

thanks loads for the help!
      cheerios
      huey

• ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Taroko Gorge

by ohaiyo Online Now Oct 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Taiwan for 8 days for Christmas vacation. I want to spend 4 days in Taipei and then 4 days in Taroko Gorge.

Are 4 days too long to spend in Taroko Gorge? Other than hiking and the hot springs, what other activities are there to do in Taroko Gorge? What hotels and hot springs should I use in the area?

Thank you

3 Answers Oct 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    • Marcialina's Profile Photo

Need advice on Hostel

by Marcialina Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 9:51 PM

Where shall I stay in Hualien? I'm planning to stay one night only. Is it worth to buy the Hostelling International Card if I'm looking into hostel coz i've looked thru their hostel previews and feel that their hostels' locations r usually out of the city or inconvenient to get there. I dun feel safe as i will be travelling alone. Kindly suggest where i can get the hostel where the crowds are.

2 Answers Apr 28, 2008 at 9:03 AM
    • Taroko Gorge

by imsing Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 8:43 AM

Hi... i am interested in trip to taroko gorge.However, is it any ground trip arrangement including accomodation and transportation to taroko gorge? Or else can i travel on my own to taroko gorge and find the accomodation by myself? any suggestions? Ya, i able to speak and read in mandarin. THANKS for ur advices. BYE and HAVE A NICE DAY...

2 Answers Dec 16, 2006 at 9:47 PM
    • Booking of Day Tour with MR Chen

by chermaine Online Now May 17, 2006 at 10:15 PM

How many days in advance is required to book with Mr Chen? We can just call, inform him of the day and time we will reach Hualian and the route we wants to take and he will pick us up on that day ?

Any famous shops that we must visit when we are at Hualian ? Any local speciality ?

Thanks.

• amylou's Profile Photo

transportation

by amylou Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 7:56 AM

is public transportation easy enough if the traveler doesn't speak chinese?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2005 at 6:30 AM
    • dating in Hualian

by nice1 Online Now Jan 13, 2004 at 12:03 AM

Is there a dating community in Hualian outside of bars?

1 Answer Jun 28, 2007 at 4:04 AM