Huacachina Travel Answers

change location

do you just nab a driver and buggie once you get there?

by Kellilovestotravel Online Now Oct 2, 2007 at 4:35 PM

yo, i am gonna try this sandboarding thing out and i was wondering if this is like most things in peru and i am going to have lots of options when it comes to who i can hire to take me out on a sandbuggy?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cholley's Profile Photo

Re: do you just nab a driver and buggie once you get there?

by cholley Online Now Oct 3, 2007 at 12:33 PM

We went sandboarding while in Nasca (with the famous Lines). Our tour agency gave us two options of 6 hours on Cerro Blanco or 4 hours with a little sandboarding and some archeological sites. We opted for the later. I was expecting to tear up the dunes but sandboarding isn't anything like snowboarding. I spent most of the time slipping down the sand trying to stand up, then wearing myself out hiking back up. The most exciting part was the dune buggy (and digging it out of the sand when we high-centered). The archeological sites in the area are the craziest I've ever seen. At one point we stopped in the middle of no where to see an old cemetary. There were human bones strewn all over the sand and you had to be careful not to step on the. Full skulls with teeth, femors, vertebre, even a detatched and mummified baby leg. A bit unnerving.
    Back to the point, you're best off just showing up and finding someone to take you out. You ought to go directly to the people who run the show, instead of going through a tour agency.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • uchi2000's Profile Photo

Re: do you just nab a driver and buggie once you get there?

by uchi2000 Online Now Oct 23, 2007 at 11:26 AM

I would choose to just go and find a buggie in the place...
    it might result better cause once in the place you in fact can see what ur hiring .. theres lots of qualities of this buggies be carefull when choosing on line.. (no more than 4 passengers, including the driver...)big cars are so slow.. not fun...
    I did enjoy Huacachina ... dont miss the sandboard..!

have fun!

Uchi

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Huacachina