change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Hrodzyenskaya Voblasts' Travel Answer Locations

• Romantic things to do in Hrodna whilst my gf says the city is boring

Hrodna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM

So my girlfriend lives in Grodno, I've never been there before but I still would like to do something romantic with her(she says Grodno is boring though)
      I'm curious if you've got tips or suggestions to do as a romantic thing...

9 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM
    • tiagc's Profile Photo

TAXI FROM GRODNO TO PINSK

Hrodna Feb 24, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Hi and Greetings from near Sydney Australia!
      We will be in Poland in a few months and staying with family. We would like to visit my mother's ancestoral home in Pinsk (which was in Poland before WW2). The train from Bialystok to Pinsk apparantly takes 12 - 14 hours! It's only 272kms by road but I was advised that this is not safe and tourists can be held up at the border for hours.
      I was thinking of taking the train from Bialystok to Grodno which is about 3hrs and then a taxi for 3 adults to Pinsk which would be about 3 - 4 hrs by road thus cutting down our travel time by nearly half! Any advice on this and a contact for a taxi firm etc. We would do the reverse after a feww days in Pinsk. ( My Polish and Russian went by the wayside many many years ago) regards Ingrid

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • travel voucher and invitation letter

Hrodna Jan 7, 2014 at 2:43 AM

can anyone help me with a travel voucher to enable me visit belarus as a ghanaian since all the companies online are not helping

6 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Is there anyway for a budget traveller to stay in Hrodna!?!

Hrodna Mar 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hello all
      I've been hearing a lot about the quality of a few of these expensive hostels in Hrodna. As things stand, I don't think i'll be visiting if these are the only accomodation options :-/
      Are there any guesthouses or panzions in Hrodna? Maybe there are people waiting in the bus/train stations offering accomodation?
      I really don't want to be forking out anything more than €40 a night but I don't know really. I haven't been to Belarus before and at the moment it looks far from cheap accomodation-wise
      Thanks everyone
      DG

9 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    • To Grodno, Belarus from Minsk or Warsaw?

Hrodna Mar 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I will be going to Grodno, Belarus in early July 2013 for a week (from Washington DC area)

I understand to get to Grodno, it will be best to take ground transportation (train or bus). Trying to decide if I should travel to Minsk, Belarus or travel to Warsaw, Poland. I know both buses and trains are available but would like to know which route is more convenient and easier – thanks

8 Answers May 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    • qweku321's Profile Photo

transit

Hrodna Jan 28, 2013 at 6:29 AM

can you take train from belarus straight to belgium,as an tourist in a belarus

1 Answer May 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    • From UK to Minsk

Hrodna Mar 7, 2008 at 8:24 AM

We are planning to drive a van from the UK to Minsk and will be crossing
      from Poland to Belarus at the Hrodna border. The van will contain items for a baby hospital,a childrens camp and for elderly people. Can anyone advise me on what, if any, paper work I will need to complete - problems or pitfalls I may encounter- and just any general advice. all help appreciated.

thanks

6 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 5:29 AM
    • Travel to Hrodna

Hrodna Feb 18, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Thanks for the tip about not driving. I will be coming from Warsaw in the fall for a day. Am I better off to take the train and deal with the gauge change at the border, or take a bus? Also, my great-grandfather emigrated to the United States from Hrodna in the late 19th century. Family legend has it that he worked on a czarist estate. Is there an old palace/castle in the area? Thank you so much.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 8:29 AM
    • Minsk to Hronda Price

Hrodna Jan 9, 2008 at 12:50 PM

How much does the bus from Minsk to Hronda cost? Please answer as soon as possible.

5 Answers Mar 18, 2008 at 10:58 AM
    • Natalya2006's Profile Photo

From Hrodna to Krakow

Hrodna Oct 13, 2006 at 12:04 PM

My daughter wants to visit Krakow during her winter holidays. Who knows how to reach Krakow from Hrodna - we need in budget way. Are there buses (minibuses) to Kuznitsa (or Belostock)? And how much are the tickets?
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Oct 19, 2006 at 11:11 PM
    • Carletto76's Profile Photo

Bus/Train from Grodno to Vilnius

Hrodna Jul 19, 2006 at 1:28 PM

I'm thinking about a trip across Belarus in october. I found train connections with Minsk and from there to Grodno, but I was looking for some way of transportation from there to Lithuania, Vilnius or Kaunas (better the first).
      From what I found online it seems there's no train connection, so I suppose there are some buses, but since I don't understand Russian nor Lithuanian, it's a bit complicated to find info on the net.
      If someone can help me with some links and/or timetables (and prices maybe) I'd be very grateful! :)
      Thanks in advance.

Carlo

14 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM
    • clmetal's Profile Photo

Transit Visas

Hrodna Feb 21, 2004 at 6:26 AM

We are trying to go from Vilnius to Gdansk and we are trying not to do the overnight buses. I have read that you can get a transit visa through Belarus on that train for only like30, but when I called the embassy in the US they said the books were wrong and that we had to go through the full blown visa process from the United States (which is both difficult and costly). Can ayone help me? thanks

8 Answers Nov 10, 2004 at 3:04 PM