Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• houston Tx

by feefeefee Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

hi I am male 48 yrs old...what to wear in Houston Tx next week

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    • Things to do with an older parent

by MistersMom Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

My mother is coming to visit July 7-15. She is 74 and we are not all that close. I've only been in Houston for 4 years, and I have no idea what to do, or what she would LIKE to do for that matter. On weekdays I will be working, so something during the evening would be best. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    • safe areas in galveston to live

by Big_Lou Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 3:42 PM

how about Galveston texas I visit there all the time but do not know the neighborhoods well enough!

1 Answer Jun 19, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • Living near to George Bush Inter. Airport, best low crime area

by hernandezfamily Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Which is the best very low crime area to live with children near to George Bush Inter. Airport? And which is the best school districts?(school rate could be 7 to 10)

5 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    • Howdy Howdy

by EmeraldGal Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Best attractions for kids?

4 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    • What to take in a car

by neonlove Online Now May 25, 2014 at 1:42 PM

what would you need in your car for 8 people when its very hot

5 Answers May 25, 2014 at 9:40 PM
    • covered picnic areas in Herman park

by wflippenvazquez Online Now May 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

How early would I have to arrive at the park to snag a covered picnic table by the playground?

5 Answers May 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    • covered picnic areas

by wflippenvazquez Online Now May 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM

How early would I have to arrive at the park to snag a covered picnic table by the playground?

2 Answers May 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Will be visiting Austin, Houston & the Hill Country in April

by apbeaches Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I'm a New Yoorkerrrr without cowboy boots. Do I want to pack sandals, sneakers? Is it muddy in April?

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

HIll Country & Houston ideas?

by apbeaches Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I'm a foodie, have never been to Texas and love Tex Mex and BBQ. We are looking forward to traveling from San Antonio through the Hill Country, Austin & Houston. Are there any must try restaurants or food stops that we wouldn't find in the NY region? Anything that we must see? We'd appreciate any good & fun recommendations?
      Many thanks in advance.

4 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    • Sports store name...

by FMarinho Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I heard there is a big mall which sells sports articles, does somebody knows the name of this store?

4 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • JosueGonzalez's Profile Photo

A Job hunting Visit to Houston

by JosueGonzalez Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Been an assoc. in engineering and following a lifelong dream to work abroad, which would be a good place, door or company to search with in Houston? Does anyone knows a military contractor searching for expats?

3 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    • glendesilva's Profile Photo

Most convinent location

by glendesilva Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 5:53 AM

hi , i am transitting in houston for 2 nights, never been, but from what i read everything seems soo spread out... i am not driving... fly in and fly out.. what is teh most convient location to stay ..that will help me see the most of what i should.. down town? i wana visit space mouseum and some nice locations for photography.. with a texan twsit.... my preference is to stay in a busy area ..that has a lot to offer.. 2nd day i dont mind traveling out..if its worth while..like a nice ranch? again for photography. thanks

3 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM

IAH to Downtown

by JosueGonzalez Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Which is the most feasable way for a single traveller from the airport to Downtown Houston. My plane arrives a wednesday at 5:00 p.m., and my job interview will take place the next friday, so I'll have time for that conmutte.

4 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

My Visit To Houston

by JosueGonzalez Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I have'nt been able to contact or locate the Chevron Oil Co. offices in Houston. I have an interview with them on november 8 and I'm trying to locate their offices in order to stay in the nearby area to avoid a long conmutte. Can anyone please help! Thank you very much!

6 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    • International Festival

by Bluemax_36 Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM

When is the 2014 Houston International Festival?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Transportation between Houston and San Antonio.

by JosueGonzalez Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM

In the East Coast we have Megabus. Which is an equivalent to travel safe and cheap between Houston and San Antonio? Do we have one?

3 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Visitor From Puerto Rico

by JosueGonzalez Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I have an appointment with Chevron for a job interview on November 8. I wish I can contact any other companies that may offer the opportunity to work abroad for a Mechanical Engineering Assoc. Dregree. Can you name a few?

6 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    • Bicycling through Houston

by knutmonkey Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Is Houston a bike friendly city? If yes, where is a good (and cheap) place to rent bikes?

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    • downtown hotels in Houston

by mspigner Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I am looking for a list of hotels in downtown Houston that may be off the beaten path? I am traveling for a conference and the mainstream hotels are sold out... please help!

6 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    • Metro Rail

by zenje Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM

New to Houston. I'm thinking of driving to Reliant stadium and park somewhere there, near the metro rail. Take the the rail from there all the way to the other end, maybe with some stops in between for lunch and maybe just walk around at 2-3 stops in and around downtown. I guess I'm just trying to find out if this makes sense and if it's possible. Also if you have any suggestions to add to that, I would appreciate it.

10 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    • gifts

by thehawaiianqueen Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My family visits out of town frequently & they always want to bring gifts home for their friends. Other than basic souvenoirs like keychains, mugs & shirts, what kinds of goodies would u recommend?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    • Bus to theatrer district

by losham Online Now May 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Hello
      I will be staying in a hotel near the Galleria and want to know what number bus goes to the theater district?
      Thanks for any info.

Losham

3 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    • Information about Friendswood and Mont Belvieu areas please :)

by movingtotexas Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Hi, we are relocating to Houston in the next few months and are looking at areas that have great schools and nice neighborhoods with low crime. Looking heavily at Friendswood or possible Mont Belvieu area. What can you tell me about the towns and schools? Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    • shrimp56's Profile Photo

Looking for downtown Houston hotels with an airport shuttle service?

by shrimp56 Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Are there any downtown hotels in Houston that have an airport shuttle service?

7 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    • Conversion Van Rental

by CanadaBruce Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 5:46 AM

I am looking to rent a Class "B" RV (a conversion van) the smallest of campers but cannot find a dealer in Houston - any suggestions? I would also take a VW or Westfalia camper. Here's hoping...

4 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

Transportation from Katy to George Bush International Airport????

by listenandlearn Online Now Jan 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

12 Jan. 2013
      Hello VT er,
      We are visiting people from Katy and on the day we fly back, our host is unavailable able to drive us to the airport.

Does anyone have good suggestion getting to the International George Bush Airportt? We will be coming from Katy, Texas ( north Katy, near Cooperfield).

We realized on our first day here in Texas, how huge and vast is Texas, one needs a vehicle otherwise you can't get anywhere. Texas has so much to offer to tourists. Its a very attractive place to visit, but again, you need your vehicle..

Many thanks for any suggestions getting to International George Bush Airport.

Listenandlearn.

7 Answers Jan 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • Another Hotel near The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria???

by hochner Online Now Dec 17, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I will be attending a conference early next year at The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, located at 5060 West Alabama in Houston. All the hotel rooms reserved for the conference are already booked and I am wondering if there is another hotel within walking distance?

Thanks so much.

4 Answers Jan 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM

CHINA TOWN IN HOUSTON OR KATY

by listenandlearn Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 6:05 AM

5 December 2012

Hello our dear VT'ers,

We are spending most of our Christmas at a small town in Texas which is called "KATY", and we suppose a bit larger than Katy would be Houston.

Upon our arrival at George Bush International airport, we wish to shop
      few large fresh salmon. When we shop for these things, we prefer to
      buy them from Chinatown.

Would there be a Chinatown in Houston nearest the George Bush International Airport? If so, could you please give us the main street as we will be using
      a GPS for our guidance.

I am a sou chef and this is the way, we love entertaining friends, cooking few mediterrean dishes..

Many thanks dear VTers'
      Listenandlearn.

5 Answers Dec 11, 2012 at 6:30 AM

RENTING AN ECONOMICAL CAR - from the Airport to Houston, Texas

by listenandlearn Online Now Nov 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM

27 November 2012

Hello dear VT'ers,

My wife and I will be spending 3 weeks for Christmas holiday in Houston, Texas. As we see Houston, Texas is one city you will need a vehicle.
      Can anyone suggest an economical car rental for two weeks. There is just two of us, so, perhaps a small car is efficient for this trip.

Many thanks to all and wishing you all a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
      Listenandlearn.

8 Answers Nov 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM