Houston Travel Answers

change location

public transportation

by franksalvado Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I expect to be down there in Texas in another few months to pick up a friendand we were concerned about any public transportatin between Rosharon (Ramsey I) to Houston and what this fare might be. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: public transportation

by mccalpin Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Well, as you probably know, Texas is not real big on public transit. And Rosharon is not a real big place. The first question is can you get to either Alvin or Angleton, which are the closest towns of any size (Alvin would be better)?

If so, Greyhound runs (apparently - I checked for this coming Thursday - I don't know how much the schedule changes over the week) one bus a day up to Houston (it comes from I don't know where from the south to Angleton then to Alvin then to Houston.

As far as I can see, this is the only bus service here (to Alvin, at least).

ANGLETON, TX dep 07:10pm
    ALVIN, TX arr 07:35pm dep 07:35pm
    HOUSTON, TX arr 08:30pm

You can find Greyhound bus stations at greyhound.com/home/TicketCen... in case there are any other closer ones (I doubt it).

The station in Houston is at
    HOUSTON GREYHOUND STA
    2121 S MAIN ST
    Houston, TX 77002

The fare from Angelton is18 one way; I assume the fare from Alvin is less.

I would think that there would be someone like the chaplain or a service officer or whatever at Ramsey I that would know about local transportation...I am having to do this somewhat remotely from Dallas...

Good luck!

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines