Houghton Travel Answers

change location
ceaserx's Profile Photo

I wish to take the Ranger III to Isle Royale and the Isle Royale Queen IV back.

by ceaserx Online Now May 28, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Is the cab from any of these companies a flat rate to get from Copper Harbor back to Houghton, MI. Neil's Cab:(906)-482-5515, Mom's Taxi:(269)-337-3368, Gregg's Taxi:(906)-337-5233, Easy Ride:(906)-482-7530 or Superior Cab Company:(906)-337-5515

Also is there a train, dinner train ride or otherwise, from Copper Harbor to Houghton, MI? The NPS website (http://www.nps.gov/isro/faqs.htm) has this listed but gives no info on cab rates. Unfortunately money is an object, and sometimes these specialty transportation services can be unreasonably expensive.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Re: I wish to take the Ranger III to Isle Royale and the Isle Royale Queen IV back.

by KimberlyAnn Online Now May 29, 2007 at 2:13 PM

I am sorry to say I don't know anything about the cabs in the Houghton/Copper Harbor area. I suggest you just call each one and check out the price. There is no train dinner ride, wish there was------

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: I wish to take the Ranger III to Isle Royale and the Isle Royale Queen IV back.

by CONNOROBRIAN Online Now May 29, 2007 at 7:13 PM

I agree, you should call them and ask before heading there. Its about 40 miles from Houghton to C.H. along a winding twisty road that doesn't move very fast, especially in the summer season. Copper Harbor is a tiny, very remote little town at the edge of nowhere. I must assume you already know that since you're going to one of the most remote islands in the U.S.
    Best of luck to you!

CO

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines