Horton Plains

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a couple people to join us the road from Airport to Tangalle

Sri Lanka Nov 19, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Hello everybody! We're going to visit this amazing country on November, 30th. Looking for a couple people to get from Airport to Tangalle together to reduce the price for taxi. Who wants to join us, please write me. Our arrival Dec 30, 8.30 a.m.

• After Trinco

Sri Lanka Nov 28, 2015 at 9:41 AM

I have planned a couple of nights in Kandy followed by Harabana and I'm thinking Trinco next, has anyone got a travel route to suggest thereafter to get to the south west area for my remaining week without returning back along the A6 highway?

• Nature itinerary

Sri Lanka Nov 17, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hi everyone please have a look at our route, we have 12 days and our interest is birdwatching and a bit of culture. Doable? We're going to hire a driver, try and see as much as we can but don't want to be driving everyday:
      SIGIRIYA (2 nights), KANDY (1 night), KITULGALA (1 night), NUWARA ELIYA (2 nights), TISSAMHARAMA (2 nights), SINHARAJA (2 nights), MIRISSA or UNAWATUNA (2 nights).

• itinerary,pinnawala,dambulla,sigiriya,polonnaruwa Kandy

Sri Lanka Nov 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I will be travelling from Negombo to Kandy and want to visit the elephant orphanage at Pinnawala,caves temples at Dambulla, Sigiriya rock and polonnaruwa. How much time should I allow for this. I had thought to leave Negombo early morning,stopping off at pinnawala and then heading onto dambulla and visiting the caves in the evening.staying over in Dambulla (?) then visiting the rock on the way to Kandy. I am not sure where polonnaruwa fits into this, whether i can fit this in before setting off for Kandy from Dambullal or as a day trip from Kandy.Any help would be appreciated.I will probably use taxi for transport between the main places.
      Thanks Gill

• ranjankar1's Profile Photo

Bus Bandarawela to Matara

Bandarawela Nov 4, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Is it possible to book bus ticket in advance ? Planning trip to Srilanka during Feb . Lone traveller. Is bus journey safe ?

• bandaranayake airport to negombo beach

Negombo Nov 9, 2015 at 2:34 AM

how to get to negombo beach area from bandaranayake airport by bus

• how many steps

Mihintale Nov 6, 2015 at 9:14 PM

how long does it take to walk up the many steps to the rock? thanks from Leanne

• Driver Hire

Sri Lanka Nov 12, 2015 at 7:27 AM

We are planning a 2 week trip in Feb next year and would like to hire a driver/guide. We would like to do a mix of activities i.e. some birdwatching, nature walks, and a few cultural sights. Can anyone recommend a good english-speaking driver?

• seeaann

by Seeaann Online Now Nov 7, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Can any one advice me on a good honeymoon location in Horton Plains or some ware in the cool hill country of Sri Lanka? We are local and are on a tight budget and we love nature so guess some thing eco will be nice... Please help

4 Answers Nov 16, 2006 at 2:31 AM
    • charleygirl76's Profile Photo

Walking in Horton Plains

by charleygirl76 Online Now Mar 28, 2005 at 12:39 PM

We have hired a jeep to take us into Horton Plains and to see The World's End.
      How far does the jeep usually take you into the Plains, and how far is the trek to The Worlds End?
      We'd also like to know what sort of foot wear would be appropriate for this terrain. Obviously stilletoes and flip flops are out of the question, but would trainers suffice, or are a good pair of walking boots/light trekking shoes needed?
      Any info about this trip would be good. We are staying at the Tea Factory in Niriwa Eliya (apologies for spelling)and think this trip may take nearly a whole day.

7 Answers May 27, 2012 at 5:38 AM