Horseshoe Canyon Unit- Canyonlands National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• September 2014 PC events?

Park City Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

more
    • mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

Moab Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

more
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Shooting the Gallery

by goodfish Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 5:22 AM

Hi all - we'll be hiking Horseshoe to the Gallery in mid-Sept and I'm wondering about best time of day to photograph the pictographs? Obviously, setting out very early in the morning will be best for managing the heat but I'm not sure what time of day they'll be in full sun/shade, and which makes for the best shots. I'll have have a lens polarizer along but that may not be enough for full sun.

Not a pro photographer here - just want to make the best of my rather limited resources/knowledge. :)
      Thanks for any advice here!

15 Answers Apr 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM