change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• House prices...

Skagen Yesterday

Hi

I'd really appreciate an idea of house prices in Skagen. Both to buy and to rent.

Also, is there a local board or paper where houses are advertised?

Many thanks

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Place to leave the luggage at downtown?

Copenhagen Nov 18, 2014 at 3:29 AM

We are arriving to Copenhagen at friday. Our flight back home comes at night at sunday, and person whose apartment we have rented at airbnb said we can keep the bags at there whole day. But the apartment is at Nörrebro and I just thought if there would be a place to leave the bags cheap at central. so we wouldn´t need to go back to get our bags.

more
    • Scandinavia travel tips?

Denmark Nov 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Hello! This is going to be a relatively hefty question but ...

I'm planning on going on a 2~3 month long trip through Scandinavia+ parts of Europe Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Italy .. maybe Iceland ? after I graduate from university. Of course my budget will be limited currently working as much as I can for now to build funds and hopefully will have about 15000$USD by the time I depart but at the same time money is not the issue for now ...

I was wondering more how long it would be recommended for me to stay in each country? Of course it varies by person stayed in Japan for about a month but still feel like I didn't see enough, whereas my cousin went for 5 days and that was good enough for her, but maybe an average? A week? a few days? And most importantly, when I should go?

My interests are quite varied-- when I traveled through Asia, I did a lot of shopping, mostly stayed in big cities, and threw some action in diving, bungee jumping, paragliding, but I also really really like nature, like the countryside, or the mountains, so I was hoping to concentrate more on that and then maybe go to the city for 1~2 days ??? I'm honestly up for any kind of suggestion and can just pick and choose what sounds most suitable for what I want?

At the mention of the mountains, I see a lot of photos that I assume are taken around the valleys between mountain ranges ... Is it safe to assume that a lot of people just hitch tents up on the mountains and sleep there? Is it legal to just hitch a tent up anywhere?
      If I play to fly between the countries I heard is cheaper than trains, would I be allowed to have a tent in my carry on .. if it even fits? I kind of wanted to go in winter~spring time so I'm not sure if it's even too freezing cold to do that without risking my health at that time. My main priority is of course to see the aurora borealis, so I need to be in Norway when it's still relatively cold .. which means I would need to go either late autumn into the early winters, or late winters into the early spring.
      I also really really like polar bears so I would hope to see some of them roaming about but I don't think that's really feasible..

I have tons more questions but I feel I should stop here for now? Are there any native Scandinavians that can please bestow me with knowledge? Thank you so much for taking the time to read my questions !
      Jessica

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Cristiania

Copenhagen Nov 18, 2014 at 4:12 AM

I´ve heard sai you shouldn´t take photos in some street in Christiania. Is that still so? Is the place worth visiting anyway? And can I take photos elsewhere at area? Or is it only one street mostly?

more

Near Horsens

• mhelisvm's Profile Photo

search for accomodation

by mhelisvm Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 4:58 AM

I already booked my ticket to Aarhus...hurray!
      Next step - Accomodation.

I am looking for a budget accomodation in Horsens for 2 nights (25-27Aug). I tried Husodde Strand camping but I was told that their all booked-out. It seems like Horsens is real busy on that week. Luckily, I got a booking in Hjarno Camping but I don't have an idea how I can get there to Horsens.

Is it far from the Medieval Festival site? How can I get from/to Horsens?
      Do you know of any other accomodation nearer to the festival activities?

1 Answer Apr 4, 2006 at 6:15 PM
    • mhelisvm's Profile Photo

How to get to Horsens

by mhelisvm Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 7:51 AM

I plan to go to the Medieval Festival in Horsens. I found a flight to Aarhus airport but I have no idea how to get to Horsens from there. Are there any bus or train that goes to Horsens from Aarhus airport? If so, do they have a website where I can see the timetables and maybe the fare.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Apr 2, 2006 at 4:26 AM
    • 11dana's Profile Photo

hard question...

by 11dana Online Now Jun 5, 2003 at 5:53 AM

Hi!I was in Horsens,DK,on 1972.Long time since,but...Can somebody tell me about an old mail address(if it remained the same?):Vitus Berings Plads 3 || (fam.Axelsen),in the same buildind with a Post office.I should like to be in touch with my old friends(their phone number,is may be ,more difficult to obtain,perpheps ?!).Thank you any way!

9 Answers Nov 9, 2003 at 4:04 PM