Travel Answers
Hornborgasjön

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kungsleden trip from Abisko to Hemavan July / August 2015.....

Abisko Nationalpark May 27, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Hello there, my name is Richard from Cornwall in England......

Myself & three of my best friends will be travelling to Hemavan in the last week of July 2015.... We're trying to find a secure or sensible place to park & leave our car in or near to Hemavan for a few weeks?....... Also we're searching for information on bus? coach? Or train? Journeys from Hemavan up to Abisko for the four of us plus our backpacks?.....
      Oh & I'm really having differculty finding any information about edible roots? Or plants? Along the Kungsleden trail in summer / autumn? Water & berries & mushrooms I do already know about though...... Oh & fishing :-)
      Many thanks to anyone who can help us please.......

more
    • Camping along Kungsleden

Sweden May 4, 2015 at 1:35 AM

In august i'm going to hike on the entire Kungsleden. I was wondering what would an appropriate tent be for such an adventure (i own an vango blade 200)? I read in a guide that you can camp anywhere on the entire trip, but now i'm getting some info that you must pay some fee. Are there any forbidden zones for camping (are there any signs)? Also I'm a bit worried about bears - are they any real danger? Thanks!

more
    • Finishing 4 days of hiking in Nikkaluotka, lodging/transportation options

Abisko Nationalpark May 11, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Hi, my 2 sons (11 and 9) and I are hiking from Abisko to Nikkaluotka in July. We've already booked the huts at Abiskojaure, Alesjaure and Vistas.

When we get to Nikkaluotka (after 34 km day of hiking from Vistas), what do you suggest regarding lodging or transportation to Kiruna?

Thanks,

Roque

more
    • Travel between Copenhagen and Smaland and between glass factories.

Sweden 10 hours ago

We're interested in the glassblowing area of Smaland. Our plane lands in Copenhagen and, of course, we want to see Copenhagen as well. Do you know if there is public transportation or a tour in the Smaland area or must we rent a car? Also, I read that there are some interesting castles in that area. Is it worth taking extra time to go to those?

more
    • Looking for some Information

Malmö May 11, 2015 at 3:05 AM

Hello All,

I am planning to visit Malmo next weak. My queries are as below:

1. Is Malmo, Sweden safe in Night, like can we roam outside in the night
      2. is there any pre paid sim card that i can buy when i arrive to Malmo for calling and which also includes Internet access.
      3. How to reach nearby hotels from Malmo Central Station.
      4. How is the weather over there? Do i need to take very warm clothes along or medium warm clothes are ok. What are the chances of rain over there in the month of May.
      5. Is the Sale on in Malmo, is Malmo cheap for shopping. or you can suggest some good shops where i can buy good stuff at discounted or less price.
      6. Are the people of Malmo, Sweden helpful if i ask them for some guidance etc.
      7. Wil there be no problem at the airport if I bring my food supplements?

Thanks

more
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

cheap taxis

Stockholm May 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM

what is the cost to get a mini van from the airport to Welcome hotel in Jarfalla?

more
    • Need suggestion and new friends :-)

Stockholm May 6, 2015 at 6:42 AM

Hi Virtual Tourists, nice to meet u :-)

I'm a 32-years old Italian boy who likes so much travels, I'm going to plan a journey in Stockolm from 26 to 29 of June 2015 and I'm looking for new friends to meet during the journey, and possibily suggestions for accomodations.

To be honest this is the first time for me in VirtualTourist site, I used and updated my world travels in another famous site, so I'm going to create my profile to set as much as possible informations about me and my travels. I'm a serious person who search only to see new places and do new experiences with friends, that's all!!! Also, I work and live in Rome in a nice house where I can host and reciprocate any trip with my friends around the world.

I work like Computer Engineer in a wonderful company in Rome, the first in Italy that follow Anglo-Saxon kind of company, and I'm very enthusiast for my work that gives me many many satisfacions. Because my origins are Sicilian, during my adolescence and my studies I worked like a DJ in many disco in Palermo (Sicily) so I like to experience night life and entertainment with friends.

I hope to find people who likes to share experiences with me, for any further question please contact me, I reply as soon as possible.

Thank you and have nice trip!!!

Vincent

more
    • special place/restaurant to celebrate birthday

Stockholm May 28, 2015 at 5:26 AM

I am looking for a special restaurant to celebrate birthday in Stockholm !
      should be something special with good food and special atmosphere!
      Thanks a lot !

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Swedish train line

Sweden May 2, 2015 at 3:48 AM

I am trying to avoid rail Europe , as I've read there expensive but I can't book with my Australian credit card with sj.se line...
      Is this normal? .thought I might go from Copenhagen to Malmö for the day to explore...prefer to pay for as much as I can before I leave...
      Departure day for this trip is 2/7/15

more
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

credit cards use in Sweden

Sweden May 11, 2015 at 8:50 AM

One of the biggest lesson we learned when we went to 5 Europe countries this past march - april was they did not accept our credit cards that do not have the special chips, is it going to be the same way in Sweden?
      I contacted our bank credit card service and they said they will replace all of our credit cards to chip one. hope that will be ok for Sweden next june :) (when we visit)

thanks!

more