Hordaland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taxi at tromso airport

Tromsø Dec 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Does anyone know the approx cost of a taxi from the airport to Clsrion Collection hotel for four with suitcases. Do u have to book or are they freely available. Thanks

more
    • Hiking Western Norway

Norway Dec 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Hey all.
      I'm currently planning a hiking trip to western Norway to happen next spring. Looking for any ideas for good hiking routes or must see fjords/National Parks.

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a Hotel or B & B in Trofors, Norway for June 2015?? Thank you!

Trofors Dec 7, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Can anyone recommend a Hotel or B & B in Trofors, Norway for June 2015? Trofors must be a very small village in Nordland though, there is a train station there. I have looked at several hotel sites on line though, found nothing there. I am visiting Hattfjelldal, Nordland then looking at Trofors to catch a southbound 8:56 morning train. Any & all thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you, Chuck Ps. having a hotel can make this trip a workable, as traveling on to Geiranger to meet friends one day later.

more
    • Seljord accommodation or buy a holiday home

Seljord 16 hours ago

we are Frequent travellers to Seljord - Can we buy a holiday home there as foreigners please?
      any help would be most appreciated :)

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Bergen accomodation

Bergen Jul 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hi...I am an Aussie who has never been to Scandinavia , so your replies would be appreciated...
      My mum and I will be arriving in bergen on the " Norway in a nutshell tour" not til next summer but planning the trip of a life time!
      How far is it to the city center from where we get off? Need to take a taxi in?
      We do love the hop on hop off bus idea and use the cable car up to the mountain...again another taxi?
      Not sure if we will stay 1 or 2 nights before we fly back to oslo but I assume another taxi required to hotel.

Sorry so many silly questions!

11 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    • Visiting in October or December

Bergen Jun 30, 2014 at 2:46 AM

I want to do a short city break to Bergen in either October half-term or December 15th for 3 nights. Which time would be best for seeing Bergen? Is Bergen pretty at Christmas? Is it open for tourists at these times?

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 3:52 AM
    • Nordleys superwash Viking yarn

Bergen Jun 18, 2014 at 1:31 AM

When I was in Hammerfest last year I purchased some of the above yarn to knit socks. My second pair I have obviously made toooooo long and have run out of wool. Can someone tell me who I can contact to purchase another ball of this yarn!!

Desperate

Joan
      Sydney, Australia

2 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 2:26 AM
    • Destination Leirvik , Stord

Vikebygd Jun 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Dear, all
      Can anyone give me some info is there any taxi boats , buses or ferris from Vikebugd to leirvik , Stord.
      Thanks in advance .

1 Answer Jun 5, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    • town train

Bergen Jun 1, 2014 at 1:32 PM

is there a town train in Bergen which gives a one hour guided tour through city centre, I thought I had seen it previously on line but can't find it now.

3 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 6:06 AM
    • Prices for left luggage in Bergen airport / luggage storage for several days

Bergen Jun 1, 2014 at 4:02 AM

I've seen a few questions related to short-term luggage storage in Bergen and am aware that the station has lockers for hire. However, I am hoping to leave my luggage somewhere for four days and travel with a smaller bag. If anyone can advise how much this is likely to cost at the airport, or if there is anywhere else in the centre that would store luggage for several days at a reasonable cost, I would appreciate it. I'm staying in three different places over four days so hotel storage is not really a possibility. Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jun 1, 2014 at 11:28 PM
    • Yearly trains?

Bergen May 29, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Do the trains run all year round?

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM
    • Round Trip to Lofthus from Bergen

Lofthus May 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM

This is our first trip to Norway. Other than "Norway in a Nutshell," where can we get travel info. for round trip to Lofthus from Bergen? My maiden name is Loftus but my Dad was from Ireland (viking descendant?). We would like to spend a couple of hours in the village without doing the entire fjord tour, unless it is advised to not miss it. I also want to take the Sognefjord tour. We are staying in Bergen the first week of August. Any information will be helpful. Thank you.

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    • transport to/from Bergen, accommodation in Bergen

Bergen May 27, 2014 at 12:15 PM

My two sons and I are planning to rent bikes and cycle from Haugastol to Flam. Do you need to make reservations to rent bikes? At the Finse Lodge? Do you need to bring a sleeping bag? Can you have your luggage transported by train while you ride?
      Once in Flam we want to go by hurtigruter to Bergen. Do we need to make reservations for the boat?, We'd also like to go by boat from Bergen to Stavanger, are reservations required here too?
      Suggestions on best place to stay in Bergen for myself (55) and two sons (19 & 14). We are the type that really wants to immerse ourselves in Norwegian culture.
      Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you, Lise

3 Answers May 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM
    • Overnight in Bergen to take bus to Stavanger

Bergen May 20, 2014 at 4:35 PM

We (2 adults, 1 young teen) will arrive from the Nutshell tour in Bergen at 10 pm Saturday and need to catch a bus to Stavanager at noon on Sunday. Is it ok to leave our (3) suitcases in the train station to pick up the next day since the bus station is next to the train, and do you know the locker cost? Also, how early do we need to get to the bus station to buy our tickets to Stavanger? I wish we had more time, but any suggested itinerary for the Sunday morning in Bergen is appreciated.

5 Answers May 21, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    • Connect between ship and rail

Bergen May 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM

arriving Bergen at 1430 after 12 day Hurtigruten voyage. Is there enough time to connect with the 1600 train departure to Oslo

2 Answers May 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM
    • About the bus accessibility

Bergen May 17, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Can we get airport bus from Bergen airport to the city after 10 PM or all the night ???

3 Answers May 17, 2014 at 3:38 PM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Bergen to Stavanger by bus

Bergen May 7, 2014 at 6:27 AM

I am hoping to take a bus from Bergen to Stavanger at the end of July. I travelled with a friend a long time ago in a car from Bergen to Haugesund, and I remember it as a very interesting trip, going through tunnels and taking ferries between the various islands on the route. I imagine the last bit from Haugesund to Stavanger is probably just as interesting. But this time I won't have a car, so it will have to be on a bus.

Does anyone know if this is practical, and if so, where I can book a bus? Or do I need to book it in Bergen? And how long does the journey take? Also any general guidance would be appreciated, for example one bus company may be better than another, or the buses may not run at weekends, that sort of thing. Any bus company websites would be useful too.

6 Answers May 15, 2014 at 11:14 PM
    • Places to see in Voss

Voss Apr 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM

We are taking a early morning train from Bergen and in voss for about 4-5 hours on our way to oslo; Is this the best option for a stop over? Please advise how to maximize the sightseeing experience here?

1 Answer Apr 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM
    • Is April worth visiting?

Bergen Feb 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Dear All,

I plan to visit Norway during easter vacations. My plan is to land in Oslo and stay for a day and then take a train next morning to Bergen. Then stay next two days in Bergen. Will there be any fjord trips worth taking during this time?

4 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 12:33 AM
    • PaulBase's Profile Photo

Transfer from Bergen to Kvitno (Odda) 25 ukrainian hikers in August

Bergen Feb 6, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hi! We plan to hike in the area Odda in August. Already bought the plane tickets. 25 people need a transfer from Bergen to Kvitno or Eikhamrane. Please tell me what may be possible. Can rent a vehicle? Many thanks!

3 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • New Years Eve and New Year day

Bergen Dec 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Is the Fenicular open on New Years day and are there any short boat trips on New Years Day. If so, should we prebook. We are only there from New Years Eve lunchtime and leave on the 3rd. Any ideas to make this a wonderful trip please. Happy New Year

3 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    • sullydag's Profile Photo

night life

Bergen Dec 9, 2013 at 5:09 AM

how is night life in bergen?

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    • Do I need long underwear?

Bergen Nov 13, 2013 at 4:51 AM

What is the weather like at end of February/beginning of March? Is it still very cold?

9 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM
    • I´m in Bergen 29.12-4.1

Bergen Oct 31, 2013 at 4:12 AM

What is happening there at that time? What´s worth visiting? How is the weather usually there then?

6 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM
    • Bergen in early November

Bergen Oct 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I'll be in Bergen for 2 days Nov 11&12... I fear it may be rainy and cold... suggestions for what I would enjoy?
      I like the out of doors and museums and people. I'm 60 and female.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    • Bergen what's-worth-seeing

Bergen Jul 31, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Hello, I'll visit Bergen on 7th-12th of September, what do you recommend to see, visit? And one more question - do most of people speak English there?

6 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    • Alokjuneja's Profile Photo

Best fjord trip ?

Bergen Jul 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Hi , I will be visiting Bergen in oct '13 for 2-3 days .. Which is the best fjords to visit and not to be missed at all. Which fjord trip should be taken?

2 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    • tonialive's Profile Photo

BERGEN, NORWAY..ANYWAY TO SEE THE FJORDS..AND WONDERFULL COUNTRY IN A CHEAPER WAY?

Bergen Jun 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM

PLEASE, TRAVELLILNG AUGUST 2013 TO NORWAY,anyway to visit this country in a cheaper way? fjords..food..accomodation..any advice is helfpull.thanks a lot traveller mates:)

9 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    • tonialive's Profile Photo

ANY HELP INFO ABOUT HOW TO VISIT FIJORDS AND SEE THE MOST FROM BERGEN NORWAY ?

Bergen Jun 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM

DEAR ALL, i go to Bergen norway this august 2013 but i heard is a very expensive country. i heard is very nice visiting the fjords and nature from Bergen,Can anyone give me any adive about how to visit this area..fjords..nature..transport in a most affordable way not so expensive? any discount..excursions. to fijords..agencies..any help info will be very helpfull¡
      thanks traveller mates¡ tony

4 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • Fjord Tours

Bergen Jun 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM

We are a group of 6 traveling to Bergen and are interested in the fjord tours. (Sognefjord) We have read about White Lady Tours and Norway in a Nutshell. A tour starting and ending in Bergen will be ideal. Which one is better - White Lady Tours or Norway in a Nutshell? Are there any other Fjord tour companies providing something cheaper?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    • Question title

Eidfjord Jun 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I am spending a day in Eidfjord in August from a cruise ship. Can you suggest walks please that do not invovle a drive. I am aware of the walk to the Viking Graves, can this be extended ?I have also read about beaches on the river , any more information ?
      Thank you .
      Claire

4 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    • eladr's Profile Photo

day\half day tour from bergen to fjords

Bergen May 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Hi,
      I'm looking for half a day or a day tour from Bergen to see the fjords (25/6/13).
      request is for my father (age 77) so he prefer a tour that is not so hard (not changing too much transportation, many walking etc.)
      we found this:
      http://www.whitelady.no/en/fjordtour/

but we would like to get more options...(somehow the booking there is not working)

i want to thank you in advance for every answer....appreciate it!

3 Answers May 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    • getting from Bergen to Folgefonna

Bergen Mar 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM

what is the best way to get to folgefonna from norway on the 10th of June 2013.bearing in mind that the official tour starts on the 24th. Thanks

4 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • bergen to arendahl

Bergen Mar 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM

what is the best way to travel from Bergen to Arendahl?

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 8:09 AM