Hoorn Travel Answers

change location

train information

by linkengen Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM

We have booked a holiday staying in hotel Vooroever in Wervershoof and would like to know if there is a train station there and if there is a direct train from Amsterdam.
Thank you.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Re: train information

by GyuriFT Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I see 43 railway-tariff-kilometers from Amsterdam and 7.40 Euro standard international tariff (local tariff for that distance will be less). So Hoorn not only has a railway station - but is also in international tariff database. ;-)

Also as I see, there are trains from Amsterdan Centraal to Hoorn every 30 minutes, on :09, :39, etc-etc. The journey takes 33 minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

by GyuriFT Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Sorry, the answer was regarding Hoorn, I overlooked that you will be in Wervershoof.
    In that case probably the best is to take the train till Hoogkarspel (second station and 10 minutes after Hoorn) - it is about 7 km / 5 miles from Wervershoof.

From there maybe take a taxi - for 5 miles it shouldn't be that expensive...

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Yers, Hoorn indeed has a station but Wervershoof does not, I believe (from looking at googlemaps).

The geographically closest station is at Hoogkarspel, but Hoorn will be (much0 easier to access by public transport.

You can find trains times, details and fares for Hoorn>Amsterdam (and anywhere else in the Netherlands) here:

ns.nl/cs/Satellite/traveller...

It is a direct train. For buses from Wervershoof to Hoorn look here:

http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/

Journey time by bus (132) is around 40 minutes.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Hello,
    here's the Dutch train website (English version) with all the schedules and prices:
    ns.nl/cs/Satellite/traveller...

The price is 7.30 euro one way (Amsterdam Central), regardless of which train you take. There is one direct train (33 minute trip) and one with a stopover (Zaandam) that takes 45 minutes. Have a look, the website is very easy to understand.

If you're coming from the airport, you need to put in 'Schiphol' in the scheduler (not 'Amsterdam').

You may probably need more than just trains for transportation.
    Here's a link for all Dutchpublic transportation, including buses, trams, etc.:
    http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/ (English version).

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM

No need for taxis. Since the public transportation is dense, not every train station in my country has taxis waiting outside. Sometimes you need to call and wait.

Anyway, the bus stop "Hotel de Ruyter" (line 415) is a 1 minute walk from your hotel.
    The bus is a 'buurtbus', probably not a full size bus vehicle, more like a large minibus. The price for 1 ride is 1.80 but you can get a 4-ride or 10-ride card which will cost you less than the individual tickets.

You'll find all your options at the links given earlier.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines