change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jahall's Profile Photo

Transportation/car rental

Oahu Apr 1, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi - cruising May 16-23 and then staying at Turtle Bay 23-26. I will need ground transport from the airport to the cruise terminal and then from the cruise terminal to the rental car. Prefer private transport but more importantly reliable and quick. Some people say just wait til I get there and others say its important to have it all set up before I go. Prices are all over the map and reviews are too. Any advice would be appreciated.

more
    • 4 day bus pass

by alicemaude Online Now Mar 20, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Are you able to purchase the 4 day bus pass at the airport or at the airport port bus stop?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    • placido2745's Profile Photo

Public Bus Service to Pearl Harbor and return?

by placido2745 Online Now Mar 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I'm having trouble working out the online bus timetable for Honolulu. I understand that RTE #42 goes passed Pearl Harbor and this route is close to our hotel. I found a bus on the timetable which goes passed timing point 'V' (near our hotel) at 8:13am on a weekday and arrives at timing point 'Q' (Arizona Memorial) at 9:17am but I cannot find a #42 bus leaving Pearl Harbor and returning to Waikiki. Can anyone help me solve my confusion?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    • Boosmom's Profile Photo

Things to do

by Boosmom Online Now Nov 8, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Good sushi bars in Waikiki

3 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    • Shopping in Waikiki

by Kimlarm Online Now Nov 3, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Now that the International Market has closed, where do you go to buy similar items in that area for a great price?

6 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    • Remote2013's Profile Photo

Pearl Harbor visit

by Remote2013 Online Now Oct 21, 2014 at 7:31 AM

During Spring Break 2015 (Mar 31st ish), We will fly into Honolulu with our 2 grandchildren and adult children and their spouses to visit Pearl Harbor before going to Kauai for 4 nights. I would like to locate a place to stay on Honolulu that will provide a days experience to famous beach areas. The grandchildren are 10 and 12 and when we went to Hawaii 25 years ago we didn't stay on the beach and our children still remind us about that oversight!! We are making it up to them :-) now and also creating an experience for our 2 granddaughters. I have never been to Pearl Harbor and look forward to the tour. Thank you

7 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    • Three Questions!

by jkoneval Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 10:48 AM

What is the best restaurant to go to on a Thurs after a vow renewal in Oahu...prefer ocean view, great food, romantic..

Best Oceanside Luau?

Are any dinner cruises worth it??

2 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    • Getting from the Port to Hilton Hawaiin Village Hotel

by Miniroll Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 5:18 AM

I will be arriving in Honolulu from a Cruise Liner and will need to get to my hotel in Wakki (Hilton Hawaiin Village). Can someone give me some adivce please. Many Thanks Angela

4 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Which location to stay for single night

by bellsieshell Online Now Aug 20, 2014 at 1:40 PM

My husband and I are stopping off in Honolulu for one night at the end of our honeymoon. We arrive on a Wednesday afternoon at around 4:45 PM. The next morning we have a reservation for an 8:30 AM tour at the Pearl Harbor memorial. Our flight leaves Thursday at 2:15. We were thinking that we would rent a car. I'm debating whether we should stay near the airport so that we can quickly check in on Wednesday evening and then head to Waikiki for the sunset and dinner and walking around etc., and then back to the hotel. The airport location would mean we wouldn't have to get up as early for our 8:30 Pearl Harbor visit since it is closer and also less distance means less traffic. (I've read about the bad Honolulu traffic.) Does that seem like a good bet? Or should we stay in Waikiki, which I imagine would make the evening more enjoyable (and seems to present more, and better, hotel options than near the airport) and just deal with an early morning? From reading other threads, it seems like the downtown Honolulu area is a compromise distance-wise but then you don't get the benefit of being in Waikiki and you still do have to deal with some morning traffic. What do the experts say? My hotel budget is, say, $225-250 max, but as always I'd love to pay less if it's still a reasonable place. I see mixed (and many negative) reviews of the airport hotel options that I'm wondering if Waikiki isn't a better bet?

5 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    • Transportation to airport from cruise ship

by BOBBETTY21 Online Now Aug 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Transportation from ship to airport & also anywhere to store luggage so we can shop before flight leaves in about 6 hours? Also best place to shop near airport?

Thank you,
      Bob

2 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • vintage restaurants that are still alive and well....

by snoopi1981 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM

There was a little hidden gem of a restaurant that sat with koi ponds all around....I love the old quaint restaurants of the 70's and 80's - do you guys know of any that still exist ???? There used to be one famous for "mile high coconut cream pie" and somewhere on another island way up high in elevation was a turtle plantation restaurant.....I'm looking for some of that.....thank you so much!

11 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • Traveling Alone in Waikiki

by StephanieHang Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Do you recommend staying along the beach front in waikiki or another area for a single woman traveling alone who would like to interact with other travelers?
      Thank you

4 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • Luau at Honolulu

by TariniKumar Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hi, Any recommendations for a fun Luau? Is Hula dance a part of the Luau?? We do not want to spend an entire day at the Luau, like at the PCC. We will be staying at the Hilton Village. Heard they have one too. Is it good, or how good is it?? Please suggest.

Thanks,

--Tarini

4 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Accommodation outside of Waikiki

by Kymmcdougall Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Hi, can you suggest some places to stay outside of Waikiki? There are four of us travelling and we are looking for a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, close to beach and dining but a bit quieter than Waikiki. Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    • Transporation from Honolulu Airport Downtown

by Christravels Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 1:17 PM

What is the most cost effective way to get a family of four from the airport downtown to Waikiki. Arrival will be arond 8pm local time. First time in the forum. Thanks

6 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • Transports and prices ...

by yannickhartmann Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Hi !

I am a group leader of 25 persons an I need few answers about transports and their price :

- from the airport to Waikiki Beachside Hostel / 2556 Lemon Road ?
      - and from this hotel to the Wet n' Wild aquaparc ?

Thanks a lot !

Yannick

4 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    • restricted places

by alexanderkyler Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM

what is the most secure place that your not allowed

8 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    • restricted places

by alexanderkyler Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM

what is the most secure place that your not allowed

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • Is it cool to wear jeans in Hawaii?

by Classic118 Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Do the locals wear jeans out there at all?
      Maybe at night?
      Im headed out there sunday and don't wanna dress like a kook.

8 Answers Feb 11, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    • Honolulu rooftoop bars

by TravelShooter Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Got list from Internet.
      Want to take photos of views they may offer.
      Are any of these false leads without views?:

Dave & Buster’s
      Thirtyninehotel,
      Bar 35
      Mai Tai Bar, 1450 Ala Moana Blvd
      Home Bar & Grill
      The Burning Tree Hookah Lounge
      Tiki’s Grill & Bar
      Side Street Inn
      Morio’s Sushi Bistro

Any others with good views missing from list?
      Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    • HNL tall buildings with free views

by TravelShooter Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I am stock shooter. I supply photos to educational textbooks, travel media.
      My March-April itinerary is SYD-BNE-MEL-HNL-LAX.
      At each location I am looking for free observation decks
      or high floor restaurants, hotels, office buildings where
      I can take city views -- no window better than window.
      Any advice from those "in the know" appreciated. Thanks!
      (am posting to each destination's forum, no cross posting intended)

6 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • free photo opps, help with my list

by TravelShooter Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM

5 days end of March, using public transportation;
      any additions or corrections appreciated!
      shopping, dining, attractions, education, culture, etc.

1. Aloha Tower Marketplace, popular entertainers from marketplace's waterfront stage
      2. "Sunset on the Beach" Queen's surf Waikiki Beach, outdoor movie theater, live entertainment, food booths
      3. Ala Moana Center's Centerstage, 500 performances/yr, keiki (children) hula, rock chorale, street dancing
      4. ukulele or hula lessons at Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center
      5. Kapiolani Park in Waikiki, soccer games, craft fairs, exercisers, music.
      6. Honolulu Fish Auction, Kewalo Basin, catch displayed auctioned to chefs and merchants daily 5:00A
      7. Hilo Hattie, The Store of Hawaii, free juice, entertainment, food samples, craft demonstrations
      8. local artisans, Art at the Honolulu Zoo Fence, Monsarrat Avenue
      9. Sunday service in Hawaiian language at Kawaiahao Church
      10. St. Andrews Cathedral, Central Union, St. Clements, Lutheran Church of Honolulu
      11. Hawaii State Art Museum ?photos allowed?
      12. "Hyatt's Hawaii" at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort, arts crafts memorabilia
      13. history of surfing photos, memorabilia, walls of Duke's Canoe Club at Outrigger Waikiki on Beach
      14. school campuses? ethnic markets? where do teens, young adults show off latest fashions?

15 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 3:18 PM
    • NEED HELP with the choice of the Outrigger Regency on Beachwalk or Waikiki Wave Hotel??

by jrg200 Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Does anyone know these hotels. I can get a one bedroom suite in both of them for the same price???? The Wave hotel would have a partial ocean view upper floor, and the Regency would have the city view.

REALLY don't know which one to stay at???

thanks in advance

6 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Car Rentals at Cruise Port

by crazcruzy Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I want to rent a car at the Honolulu cruise port. How close is the nearest agency? Is the airport the closest? Is there a shuttle to/from?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Nikki65's Profile Photo

Good Sunrise Beach Yoga on Waikiki?

by Nikki65 Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I'll be going to Honolulu in December and really want to do early morning Sunrise beach yoga while I'm there. I can't find anything. Any recommendations?

5 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 8:18 PM
    • Dangerous Ocean life info..?

by Kveman Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Looking for some direction for finding more information on Dangerous and Poisonous Ocean life in the Hawaiian areas.
      Most websites I've found are just explaining dangers of current..

7 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    • Helen-Tracey's Profile Photo

transport at airport to waikiki

by Helen-Tracey Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Can we walk out of airport and get shuttle transport into waikiki or is it cheaper to book online?

8 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 9:57 PM
    • aqazi's Profile Photo

Venue for my 40th (gulp) birthday dinner

by aqazi Online Now Dec 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM

OK I'm getting old so I need something that isn't going to scream special occasion, just something really laid back where I can have some nice food and drink and drown my sorrows. I have been looking at Dukes Canoe Club or Jimmy Buffets. What else should I be considering? We're staying in that part of town at the Royal Garden Waikiki.

Thanks in advance!

Az..

7 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    • LakanPH's Profile Photo

Phone Rental

by LakanPH Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Is there a phone rental station around or do I have to buy a SIM card for my 3G phone? Staying only for 7 days but will need phone and internet.

4 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    • LakanPH's Profile Photo

7 days in Honolulu

by LakanPH Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM

My family and I are going to stay in a hotel at Waikiki Beach. We have 7 days for tour, and we don't really have an itinerary. We will be 5 adults and 4 kids (8,7,4,1 y/o). This is our plan. Any suggestions?

Friday 27 December
      - Honolulu Zoo (daily 9 - 4:30)
      - Paki playground
      - Luau at Hilton

Saturday 28 December
      - Bishop Museum (wed-mon 9am-5pm)
      - Pearl Harbor
      - Aloha Flea Market

Sunday 29 December
      - Children's Discovery Center (tue- fri 9am - 1pm, sat-sun 10am- 3pm)
      - Walk around historic Honolulu: 'Iolani Palace, Hawaii State Capitol, the Kamehameha I Statue, Kawaiaha'o Church, the Mission Houses Museum and the Old Federal Building.

Monday 30 December
      - Waikiki Aquarium (daily 9 - 4:30)
      - Kapiolani Park
      - Diamond head crater

Tuesday 31 December (It's a toss-up)
      (Polynesian Cultural Center)
      (Sea Life Park)
      (Dole Pineapple Plantation)
      (Plantation Village & Museum)
      (Wet 'n Wild)

Wednesday 1 January
      - Doris Duke's Shangri-la / - Golf
      - Beach
      - Pack

Thursday 2 January
      Fly home

6 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 10:11 PM
    • LanaH4's Profile Photo

Cabin/bungalow holiday without a hire car?

by LanaH4 Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Is there somewhere (accessible from Honolulu airport, without hiring a car) that has cabin/bungalow style self contained accomodation near a beach? Thinking of a family vacation, sight seeing, perhaps visit a museum etc with kids, and relaxing on the beach, but don't fancy staying in a big hotel with a view of other big hotels. Any suggestions?

12 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM