Honolulu Travel Answers

change location

What is open on Thanksgiving Day?

by beehive273 Online Now Oct 17, 2007 at 7:38 AM

I will be in Honolulu one day only, on Thanksgiving day, while on a cruise. I wanted to go to the USS Arizona Memorial but its website says it's closed on Thanksgiving. Now I am concerned my self-touring will be limited by what's open and/or if tours will be avialable to contract near the cruise ship on that holiday. Any input is appreciated!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: What is open on Thanksgiving Day?

by hawaiichris Online Now Oct 19, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Well that is true..not much will be open that day. Polynesian Cultural center will be closed as well.

Depending on how much time you will have may depend on what you can do. Just about everything in waikiki is usually open because everyone in waikiki is on vacation, so you could go down there and walk around if that is all that is open. If you have more time I believe sea life park is open that day and you could go and do a swim with the dolphins or chose from other activities they do at the park. I checked their website and they are allowing reservations to be booked on that day online so I assume they will be open!

Good luck...I know that is really kind of inconveniencing for you that your one day happens to fall on a holiday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines