Honokowai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Road To Hana

Maui 9 hours ago

If I leave from Ka'anapali and return there is the entire road to Hana do able in one day, it gets dark at 6:00pm? What time would I have to leave in the morning and how many hours would it take. Is it better to do the Road to Hana on Saturday, Sunday or during the week because of local traffic? How many miles of unpaved roads are on the Road to Hana and what will the conditions be like in October?

more
    • Driving the Road to Hana

Maui Aug 20, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Do I need a 4 wheel drive to do the whole Road?

How Bad is it between Kaupo and Ulupalakua Ranch?

Is there a road between Ulupalakua Ranch and Makena?

more
    • SarahAndMat's Profile Photo

Where to stay on Maui

Maui Aug 17, 2014 at 1:49 AM

If we loved Hanalei on Kauai, does anyone have suggestions on where to stay on Maui? Upcountry, Paia, Lahaina or possibly Hana (but not sure about the road to get there :-/)? Other suggestions? It's just the two of us, staying for 5 days. We like paddle boarding, hiking/nature and local restaurants, and would prefer to avoid big, busy resorts.
      Any advice much appreciated

Mahalo : )

more
    • How Long Does it take to drive the Road to Hana

Maui Aug 21, 2014 at 3:47 PM

How long does it take to drive the entire Road To Hana from Ka'anapali and back using the long route. They say it takes 12-13 hours. We would like to do some hikes, do some snorkeling see the red and black sand beaches. Will the trip be better splitting it into two days? Also, if I decide to get a a place to sleep for a night so I can split it into two days, what is a great location and a "reasonable place to stay. Guest houses, B&Bs and small notes with Island flair would be great. Please send rates if you can.

more