Honningsvåg Travel Answers

change location

Wedding

by Mattianne Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 6:58 PM

my partner and I are visiting Honninsvag in June and wish to be married in your church..,.,Could you please give us the email address of the person we need to contact to be able to do this..My partner John's grandmother is Norwegian which is why we want this wedding to be so special.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • iver's Profile Photo

Re: Wedding

by iver Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 8:46 PM

maren.lockertsen@nordkapp.kommune.no

Åpningstider:

mandag - fredag
    kl 09:00 - 14:00

i THINK maybe you will find it tricky to get all details sorted in such a short period of time,, but good luck:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I doubt very much if this will be so simple, most countries require you to have lived in the country for a certain period of time and I assume you are not Norwergian. There are a lot of legal formalities to be attended to also.
    Once before when a person had a similar query the advice was to have your legal wedding in your own country then a Blessing can be held in the Church in Norway. There would be no reason why you could not then hold the Wedding Reception with your family and friends in the same area.

• daarth's Profile Photo

by daarth Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 1:13 AM

For foreigners that want to get married in Norway, they will need "Certificate of no impediment to marriage" from their home country. It will have to be original with Apostille. It is also best is to contact your home-countries embassy in Norway for details, like having the Norwegian marriage certificate made lawful in your home-country (will need a certified translation). It's all doable, but needs a little preparation :-)

• iver's Profile Photo

by iver Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 4:25 AM

not sure how busy that particular churh is,,, BUT lotsa churches have waiting lists for marriage in the summermonths too,,, so not always that easy to get the wanted weekend if you apply/ order too late

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines