Honningsvåg Travel Answers

change location

Getting to Honningsvåg in winter by car

by LordVampire Online Now Jan 5, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Hello. I want to ask how to get to Honningsvåg by car in winter? I can see that the main road E69 is closed in winter but still in Mageroya lives more than 3500 people and tourists visit Nordkapp by car and bus... how do they get there?

What that ''closed road'' really means? Is road totalli impassable and blocked or still cleaned in some extent?
How much is the fine for driving on closed road?

In information provided there was said that E69 is closed but can anybody say from where... aready from Russenes?

Thank you

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • SORHUS's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Getting to Honningsvåg in winter by car

by SORHUS Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 11:51 AM

it say on the website that Ev 69 SKARSVÅG - NORDKAPP is vinterclosed
    if its closed its closed and its for a reason, people who has entered a closed road filled with snow, since its not open, has gotten stuck and died. i would do it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • peter4wdtravel's Profile Photo

RE: Getting to Honningsvåg in winter by car

by peter4wdtravel Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 2:18 PM

we organise scandinavion round trip from denmark via sweden to nordkapp and return through norway and sweden again.
    -you need studs in your tires otherwise you will slide from the road since the roads are iced all over,
    -then, you can contact the nordkapp reiseliv to inform about the daily convoy which is travelling from the e69 exit of the road to skarsvag to the nordkapp.
    -if weather permits, a daily snowplow led convoy is going the last stretch.
    -you will have no guarantee that you can travel the road. if the authorities think it is to dangerous, the daily convoy is cancelled.
    -so contact hegge at nordkapp reiseliv and buy me a beer when you vistit the cape,

Peter

• Lillekitte's Profile Photo

Re: Getting to Honningsvåg in winter by car

by Lillekitte Online Now Jul 31, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Hi!

I was born and grew up in Honningsvåg, but don't live there anymore.

The road to Honningsvåg is NOT closed in winter (it may be for a day now and then, but in general it is open and busses go there I think twice a day.

What can be closed is the road from Honningsvåg to North Cape/Nordkapp - or parts of it anyway. And if you plan to go on that road when it is closed, you should be more worried about other things than a potential fine, I can tell you...

But like someone else (who is obviously more updated than I am) said, there should be convoys so that you can get up there - call Nordkapp Reiseliv for more info. But I should think you would need to plan to stay in Honningsvåg for more than 24 hours if you want to make sure you can get to Nordkapp, depending on conditions.

Good luck!

Lillekitte

• Re: Getting to Honningsvåg in winter by car

by Erquy Online Now Oct 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Hi

I'm planning to get to the North Cap by car in winter as well... It's pretty much the only time I can go. I'm a bit concerned about the light though: I already know there's no sunlight from late November till early February. Is it still worth going there in the December/January timeframe or is it really pointless because you can't see anything?

Thanks for your help

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines