change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Cotai water jet - Macau Ferry Terminal

by Martinewezel Online Now Mar 29, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Can I buy a round trip ticket to Macau at the Cotai Water Jet counter in Hong Kong?
      I searched the internet and the info is not clear to me. Some websites mention that it's only possible to buy a one way ticket (because of the difference of currency with Macau).
      I know that booking a round trip is possible online.

more

Cotai water jet - Macau Ferry Terminal

by Martinewezel Online Now Mar 29, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Can I buy a round trip ticket to Macau at the Cotai Water Jet counter in Hong Kong?
      I searched the internet and the info is not clear to me. Some websites mention that it's only possible to buy a one way ticket (because of the difference of currency with Macau).
      I know that booking a round trip is possible online.

4 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • cassteve's Profile Photo

Cost of nightlife

by cassteve Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Ive got a reasonable deal for nine nights in June in Kowloon, but I`m wondering what the beer and food prices are like? I shall thank you in advance and just hope I don`t need a wheelbarrow to cart my money around!

3 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

New cruise terminal to Hong Kong International airport

by pepemorris11 Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Hi there to all VTers!
      Arriving by Celebrity Millenium to the new cruise terminal at Kai Tak. Want to get to the International airport by public transport. Need to get to the airport by at least 11am. Not laden with loads of bags. I only have a 24" luggage so I think public transport would be ok . Has anyone done this before?
      Or any Hong Kongers who have visited the new terminal by public transport, is there a way to an MTR station without having to take a taxi?
      I don't speak Cantonese at all. Help! thanks in anticipation

7 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    • Vaccinations

by jones23 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Are vaccinations required when travelling to Hong Kong.Some conflicting advice is given on various web sites.I 'm travelling at the start of March 2014.

4 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 5:20 AM
    • Shopping suits in Hong Kong

by jw051284 Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I am going to travel in Hong Kong in next month. Thinking of shopping suits in Hong Kong, is there any tips when buying a suit?

4 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 3:01 AM
    • Budget Hotels near the city

by ellaangelica17 Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Can you suggest budget hotels near the city or any near the Train station? Budget would be around 130USD for 3 days 2 nights? thanks.

5 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

Disneyland & Ocean park tickets

by effazainal Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Hello,
      Where can purchase cheap tickets on both amusement park? Is it worth go to ocean park in winter?

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Macau Turbo Jet

by Martinewezel Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Does anybody knows if it is possible to travel with the Macau Turbo Jet from Honkong airport (Lantau) one day after arrival in Hong Kong? Or is this service only for passengers in transit to Macau, presenting a valid ferry ticket with the same day departure?

4 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • travelling with kids - need advise on hotel/ places of interest (4D 3N)

by icesnowy Online Now Nov 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Hi, I plan to travel to HK in Mar 2014 with my 2 kids (5yr old and 2yr old).
      Kindly advise on kids friendly hotels (near public transports)...and places of interest...
      wish to also stay in Disneyland hotel on the last day~

pls advise as budget as possible ~~ lol~~ thanks!

3 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    • Hotel near Kowloon Shangri-La

by Kanram Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Hello,
      I wouldlike to know a good hotel (5 star ) in Kowloon near Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel , I prefer with in waliking distance from Kowloon Shangri-La ,as I have a conference in Shangrila and was not able to find a booking.
      Thanks

4 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    • lifesaver888's Profile Photo

HongKong mobile simcard

by lifesaver888 Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I would like to ask for everyone's suggestion as to what simcard should i buy for my mobile phone? I prefer one that offers low rates for services such as sms and international calls.
      Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 3:05 AM
    • rimbaldi's Profile Photo

Shopping in Hong Kong

by rimbaldi Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Hi, all! Im traveling to Hong Kong for the first time and i'm beyond excited! I have 5 nights total and been told that after all the sightseeing, THIS is the place to go shopping and eating! However I don't want to shop for cute little Knick Knacks, which is what the ladies market seems to be? Im a tech head and love clothes(more casual chic than dressy.) There's so many places to each I have no idea where to go(I love beef and pastry) I heard the Chocolate tea room at the Ritz is amazing so Ill try that once. I've heard about going to Shen Zen or Macau for shopping at tech things but this is just my searching on the internet. So I'd rather get some help from my VT buddies! Any suggestions?

14 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 8:12 PM

MiniGreen Bus(MGB) 10a and 10b

by lifesaver888 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Hi, any idea if Sheung Wan area has easy access to bus stops of the MGB 10A&b? I need a place to stay that has transportation access going to Pokfulam Rd and Sandy Bay areas, specifically Queen Mary and Duchess of Kent Hospitals.
      Aside from Sai Wan and Western kennedy Town,what areas should I consider in finding a place to stay?
      Thank you.

6 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    • Can I bring a liqour to Hong Kong Airport?

by themask Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 6:29 AM

I am traveling from South Africa via Hong Kong and to my final destination. I am planning to buy South African liqour in the airport and hand carry it. It is allow in the HK airport? I know in EU Territories, hand carry of liquid is not allow unless it was bought from member of EU airport. Please advise

4 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    • ktlaw1's Profile Photo

China Home return permit for HK ID (not passport) holder?

by ktlaw1 Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 4:31 AM

Hey guys

I know the rules around HK and China change everyday, but..

I'm a 3 star HKID holder, but I don't hold the passport. I am a British passport holder though I suspect this makes no difference to my plight or may even hinder it.

I want to know whether I can apply for a home return permit for China, so that I can get in and out without the need for a visa.

Any ideas are massively welcome..! Thanks in advance.

Katie

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    • Where to find dimsum in Tsuen Wan west?

by jazzie0498 Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM

We looked but did not find any :(

3 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    • magicpam's Profile Photo

Bargain-ish hotel near Central/Kowloon/Tsim Sha Tsui late October

by magicpam Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Any recommendations for a "about" $100 US Dollars hotel in the above areas? Single traveler. I don't need luxury or much room, but would love to have free WI-FI, airport shuttle, but not absolutely necessary. Arrive October 26, for four nights. Also if any locals interested in having dinner one night would be so cool. I live in Los Angeles, will be visiting Singapore and Thailand before HK (first time) visit.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

How to do all this in 1 night

by SandiM Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

We are spending the day on Lantau Island and then taking a ferry from there to Hong Kong Island. From the pier, we want to go up the Central Mid-levels escalator and then somehow get to the tram to go up Victoria Peak and take photos. After that, taking the tram down again, we want to hop on a bus to have a tour through the brightest parts of the Island on our way back to the Star Ferry Pier to get back to our hotel in Kowloon. For 2 older ladies, how can we do all this? We need a good map that pinpoints the escalator too. Our biggest problem is figuring out where the escalator ends and where we can access the tram to the peak, but we need bus #'s for the 'scenic' route back to the pier too.

13 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    • CessJess's Profile Photo

New friends

by CessJess Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Going to Hongkong next thurs june 20, hope can meet new friends from here, anyone going there too?

• born_lippy's Profile Photo

tour package

by born_lippy Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM

hi! im in need of a hassle free tour package that covers accomodation, hong kong tours, disneyland, and macau.

can you please recommend one?

shezhen will be best too

5 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Apartment for Lease

by lifesaver888 Online Now May 30, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Is anyone familiar if there are reasonably priced shared apartments or dormitory near Queen Mary hospital for long-term stay? I'm looking for a place to stay for my forthcoming studies in HK University and training in QMH. Thank you for your suggestion.

2 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    • dickkingma's Profile Photo

Junk

by dickkingma Online Now May 5, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Hallo, we want to go by boat trough the Hongkong harbour. Bet we prefere a private Junk or Bark not the tourist ones. Please is enyone having a suggestion?

Regards in advance.

Dick Kingma
      Staying in the City Garden hotel from 23 tilll 26 of may.

3 Answers May 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM

HK international airport to Queen Mary Hospital

by lifesaver888 Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Please help me with directions...from HongKong international airport, how do i get to Queen Mary Hospital using public transportation? The hospital is located at this address: 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
      Thank you!

7 Answers Apr 30, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    • what to do

by tf1 Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I will be in Hong KOng to attend a gift fair from the 27th of april till the 30th, I have a young teenager accompanying me , any suggestions where to send him, I have disney in mind, but open to suggestions

thanks

10 Answers Apr 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where to find vegetarian breakfast next to Mirador Mansion, Tsim Sha Tsui?

by Chyan Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Where can i find vegetarian breakfast next to Mirador Mansion in Tsim Sha Tsui? I do not want Hong Kong congee as i do not eat pork. Please advise.

16 Answers May 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM

turning around restaurant

by dickkingma Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM

There have to be a restaurant on top of a very high building, which turns arround 360 degrees. We can help me and tell me the name and the adres.?

7 Answers May 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

We stay in Hong Kong in the end of may.

by dickkingma Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Please is there someone you know and we can trust, how shows us Hong Kong in a few days?

4 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    • Sugarpies's Profile Photo

Hong Kong , shenzhen

by Sugarpies Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Hi travellers
      I'll be travelling to hKG wz my two young children on 19march to 22march 2013,
      22march to 24 march to ShenZhen and back to Hong Kong for 2days.
      Could anyone here in virtual gives me some advices n tips of budget/ family
      Room hotel 3/4* hotels in HKG and Shenzhen that are safe for family w young kids.
      *hKG / shenzhen hotels near mrt, food centre/ halal foods , ladies market, nites markets, shopping?
      How do I get to Disney ? Ticket show I buy online or at ticket booth, and how much is the ticket
      Per adult n per child?
      Tqs
      sugarpies
      LOVEzcute@yahoo.com

5 Answers Mar 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    • Petty Person site

by sanscott Online Now Jan 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I would like to take the Tram to the Petty Person area but every time I take the tram it becomes an adventure... wrong tram, get off wrong area... I know it goes by the Petty Person area. Can anyone tell me what one to take. It is located under the Canal Road Flyover in Wanchai. And what number stop to get off... they are numbered differently going East than going West.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    • Hong Kong/Kowloon

by airtool Online Now Sep 24, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Next year a friend is moving out to either Hong Kong or kowloon for 2-3 years with his company. i say either, because although his workbase will be near west Kowloon he is undecided where to find an apartment.
      I have a number of questions if you could help him in any way}

1)Would it be better to stay in Kowloon or Hong Kong
      2)What area to stay
      3)He loves to play rugby/rugby 7's what clubs are in the locality
      4)A gym would be a priority
      5)Where are the beaches

Thank you