Hong Kong Island Travel Answers

change location
Sugarpies's Profile Photo

Hong Kong , shenzhen

by Sugarpies Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Hi travellers
I'll be travelling to hKG wz my two young children on 19march to 22march 2013,
22march to 24 march to ShenZhen and back to Hong Kong for 2days.
Could anyone here in virtual gives me some advices n tips of budget/ family
Room hotel 3/4* hotels in HKG and Shenzhen that are safe for family w young kids.
*hKG / shenzhen hotels near mrt, food centre/ halal foods , ladies market, nites markets, shopping?
How do I get to Disney ? Ticket show I buy online or at ticket booth, and how much is the ticket
Per adult n per child?
Tqs
sugarpies
LOVEzcute@yahoo.com

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Hong Kong , shenzhen

by lilyjaz Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 5:09 AM

Hi,
    I've been there together with my mom and sister last year and it was one of the best trip I had. The place was really great although there are only a few people there that knows how to speak English. We took an accommodation and tour package because we really don't want to get lost in the place.
    The tour package already took care of everything for us and took us to the best places in Hongkong. The ShenZhen, Ocean Park, Disneyland, accommodation, daily breakfast was entrance fee was already included in the package.
    Regarding the money matter, you should buy Hongkong Dollars before getting there since it's cheaper that way. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Trip! :)
    http://www.simplymykonos.org

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cal6060's Profile Photo

Re: Hong Kong , shenzhen

by cal6060 Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 5:44 AM

You can search and book hotels thru:

Hong Kong: www.agoda.com or www.asiarooms.com

YMCA Hong Kong might be good: http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/main_e.html; nearby star ferry terminal, MTR , shopping at Nantan Road. Great location.

Shenzhen: www.elong.net (usually don't need to pay in advance).

You can take the MTR to Disneyland, it is very easy just like Singapore.

You can buy discount ticket to Disneyland in Shenzhen, some travel agencies along shops in Laohu on the way to Hong Kong immigration.

Have a great trips!

• Sugarpies's Profile Photo

Re: Hong Kong , shenzhen

by Sugarpies Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Wat's season will it be in HKG for month of march

• Re: Hong Kong , shenzhen

by c-rae Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Prepare that you have to premium prices for a hotel room during your planned travel time in March due to the fact that we have the Hong Kong Sevens here (rugby finals). Rooms will be booked out vvv quickly.

Hong Kong Disneyland: Standard ticket price for an adult is HK$ 399 and for kids (3-11) HK$ 285. Depending where you stay in HK best bet will be to take the MTR to Disney.

Regarding your questions about shopping, ladies market, how to get there, etc I will refer you to one of the best resources about HK on the internet: www.nextstophongkong.com

• view.finder's Profile Photo

Hotel option in Shenzhen

by view.finder Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Hi,

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Garden Inn in Shenzhen this time last year (Dongmen Central Road branch), whilst commuting to Hong Kong daily. It saves a lot of money in accommodation if you have appointments the other side of the border and with a mulit-day travel card for the Hong Kong MTR is much like commuting through any other large city. Certainly for the Shenzhen part of your stay, I can recommend the Garden Inn as cheap, clean and comfortable. It is a bus ride from the Luohu border crossing (about 10 minutes). The area, known as Dongmen, is populated with many restuarants, shopping facilities and wholesale markets

Safe travels,

John.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Hong Kong Island