Hong Kong Island Travel Answers

change location
handher's Profile Photo

Short Visit - Site seeing ideas.

by handher Online Now Jan 26, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Hello everyone;

I will be visiting Hong Kong in the last week of Feb and I wanted a few ideas of what to do in the such short time I have. I have one full afternoon (noon -5pm) and then a full Sunday. I will be staying on Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui and would like to have an itinerary of the most I can do from this hotel considering the free afternoon (must be back by 5pm) and then the full Sunday.

Your assistance will be VERY appreciated.

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Re: Short Visit - Site seeing ideas.

by IreneMcKay Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Take a walk along the Harbour Walkway on Tsim Sha Tsui side then take a star ferry and cross to Central. You can catch the number 15 bus from the bus station at Central Pier and go up the Peak - tallest mountain in Hong Kong for good views. There are some nice walks up there, too and a shopping centre. For your full day you might want to visit Stanley - take bus 6 from Central. It's got a good outdoor market, nice restaurants and a beach. Or you could go to Mong Kok and visit ladies market, bird market and flower market.

Lots of people also enjoy Ocean Park which has pandas a multilevel aquarium, a cable car with great views and a walk through shark tank.

Depending on your interests you might want to go to Tung Chung, then take the cable car to Po Lin Monastery and the Big Buddha statue - the largest sitting outdoor Buddah in Asia - I think. From Po Lin monastery, you could catch a bus to Tai O to see a traditional Chinese fishing village with houses on stilts.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • handher's Profile Photo

Re: Short Visit - Site seeing ideas.

by handher Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Irene; thank you. very helpful

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Hong Kong Island