Hong Kong Island Travel Answers

change location

Taxi fares

by Jennielkng Online Now Jun 6, 2008 at 2:35 AM

Hi,

Will anybody be able to advise me on the following:-

1)How much is the taxi fare from Ngong Ping 360 to Tai-O?
2)Any bus to go to the nearby MTR from Tai-O, how much is the bus fare?
3)We have 10 adults and 1 child, is there any problem to hire the taxi from Ngong Ping 360 and also take the bus from Tai-O to the nearby MTR, where is the nearest MTR? I heard that the mini bus can only take in 14 passengers and no standing at all, is it true?
4) Can the taxi take in 5 adults and 1 child?
5) At Ngong Ping 360, there is a monkey and walking with Buddha show, may I know what time is the last show. I am afraid that I couldn't make it in time on the first day of our arrival. We will be arriving in Hong Kong at about 11.00am and we need to check into our Hotel at the Mid-Level first.
6) How long does the Ngong Ping 360 takes to reach the top?

Thanks & Rdgs
Jennie

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • swissfondue's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi fares

by swissfondue Online Now Jun 6, 2008 at 6:42 AM

Hi Jennie,

Lots of questions. I'll try my best to help you as much as I can.

1) Taxi fare from Ngong Ping 360 to Tai-O?
    Depends which terminal you want to go from. It is a fair distance from the terminal at Tung Chung, less from Ngong Ping Village. As an alternative Bus 21S goes from Ngong Ping Village to Tai O. There is a bus interchange near the cable car terminal. Trip takes approx 25 minutes.

2) Bus to MTR from Tai-O?
    Bus no 11 goes from Tai-O village to Tung Chung Town centre. Trip about 45 minutes if I recall correctly.

4) I think the blue taxies of Lantau Island take a maximum of 4 passengers.

5) The show "A Monkeys tale" runs almost continously all day as it is only 15 minutes long. Not about the time of the last show each day. "Walking with Buddha" is more of an interactive display. It takes only a short time to view it.

6) Cable car trip from Tung Chung terminal to Ngong Ping Terminal takes 25 minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Taxi fares

by Jennielkng Online Now Jun 6, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Hi Swissfondue,

Thank you so much for your reply. It is really helpful as it can help me in arranging the transport.

Rdgs
    Jennie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Hong Kong Island