Travel Answers
Hong Kong

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Night Layovers and what to do with your luggage???

Hong Kong Apr 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I will be traveling from the US to Manila, PI in the fall. When I come back to the US I will have a night layover in Hong Kong and will do some touring at that time. Does anyone know what the options are with what to do with you luggage (2 large suit cases)????? Are you able to leave them at the airport securely for a fee???? Do you have to pick them up again and have them checked again???? I'm just wondering what the process will be???? Thanks!!!!!

more
    • Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Cotai water jet - Macau Ferry Terminal

Hong Kong Island Mar 29, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Can I buy a round trip ticket to Macau at the Cotai Water Jet counter in Hong Kong?
      I searched the internet and the info is not clear to me. Some websites mention that it's only possible to buy a one way ticket (because of the difference of currency with Macau).
      I know that booking a round trip is possible online.

more
    • lifesaver888's Profile Photo

Stanley Market

Hong Kong Mar 28, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Visiting stanley market this weekend with co-tourist friends and its the only area we are quite familiar with but would like to explore the neighboring touristy sites.Where else could we go that are nearby the market? Thanks very much.

more
    • HONG KONG TOUR FROM 13TH TO 17TH JULY

Hong Kong 17 hours ago

We are a group of 22 family members ranging from age 6 to 70, All pure vegetarians from India, plan to visit Hong Kong from 13th to 17th July this year.
      My tour operator has suggested for Hotel Regal Oriental for our stay. Kindly guide me on the following:
      1) Availability of Pure Vegetarian food at the hotel and nearby.
      2) is the hotel choice correct or we need to look for other options within similar budget.
      3) What are the places recommended for sight seeing? other than Disneyland, Ocean world, Victoria Peak and half day city tour that the tour operator has included in the itinerary?

more
    • Mickey16's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Hong Kong reviews

Hong Kong Apr 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Hong Kong for 5 days with my kids. We were planning to book with Holiday Inn Golden Mile in TST, Kowloon for its location. I was just wondering if it is good hotel, value for money and wanted some suggestions about their service. If not could someone suggest me with another hotel in the same location?
      Thanking you all in advance. Your suggestions would be very helpful.

more
    • HONG KONG TOUR FROM 13TH TO 17TH JULY

Hong Kong 17 hours ago

We are a group of 22 family members ranging from age 6 to 70, All pure vegetarians from India, plan to visit Hong Kong from 13th to 17th July this year.
      My tour operator has suggested for Hotel Regal Oriental for our stay. Kindly guide me on the following:
      1) Availability of Pure Vegetarian food at the hotel and nearby.
      2) is the hotel choice correct or we need to look for other options within similar budget.
      3) What are the places recommended for sight seeing? other than Disneyland, Ocean world, Victoria Peak and half day city tour that the tour operator has included in the itinerary?

5 Answers 6 hours ago
    • Mickey16's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Hong Kong reviews

Hong Kong Apr 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Hong Kong for 5 days with my kids. We were planning to book with Holiday Inn Golden Mile in TST, Kowloon for its location. I was just wondering if it is good hotel, value for money and wanted some suggestions about their service. If not could someone suggest me with another hotel in the same location?
      Thanking you all in advance. Your suggestions would be very helpful.

6 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    • Night Layovers and what to do with your luggage???

Hong Kong Apr 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I will be traveling from the US to Manila, PI in the fall. When I come back to the US I will have a night layover in Hong Kong and will do some touring at that time. Does anyone know what the options are with what to do with you luggage (2 large suit cases)????? Are you able to leave them at the airport securely for a fee???? Do you have to pick them up again and have them checked again???? I'm just wondering what the process will be???? Thanks!!!!!

2 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    • Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Cotai water jet - Macau Ferry Terminal

Hong Kong Island Mar 29, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Can I buy a round trip ticket to Macau at the Cotai Water Jet counter in Hong Kong?
      I searched the internet and the info is not clear to me. Some websites mention that it's only possible to buy a one way ticket (because of the difference of currency with Macau).
      I know that booking a round trip is possible online.

4 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Stanley Market

Hong Kong Mar 28, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Visiting stanley market this weekend with co-tourist friends and its the only area we are quite familiar with but would like to explore the neighboring touristy sites.Where else could we go that are nearby the market? Thanks very much.

4 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Central to Tsim Tsa Tsui

Hong Kong Mar 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hi,i want to cross the other side of HK by taking a ferry for a change.Do the ferries to Kowloon side depart from central pier or is there a different jetty for this route? Also,is the harbor city mall accessible by bus from the ferry terminal in kowloon? Thanks.Your opinion matters.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • cassteve's Profile Photo

Cost of nightlife

Hong Kong Island Mar 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Ive got a reasonable deal for nine nights in June in Kowloon, but I`m wondering what the beer and food prices are like? I shall thank you in advance and just hope I don`t need a wheelbarrow to cart my money around!

3 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM
    • verlindhk's Profile Photo

visa information

Hong Kong Mar 10, 2014 at 8:46 AM

do Egyptian nationals require a visa to enter hong kong ? or is it available on arrival? appreciate any information. thanks

3 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • Where to go for authentic local food

Hong Kong Mar 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Hi there,

I'm traveling to Hong Kong this spring and I was looking for some good places to eat - real local food, but where I'd be able to order in English, or at least know what to order?
      Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks!

7 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 8:58 PM
    • Where is best to visit after staying in HK for 4 nights

Hong Kong Mar 7, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Hello my wife and I are going to visit HK in Jan next year for 4 nights and then wish to travel onto another destination in the Far East for a beach holiday for 5 nights, we want somewhere that is not over crowded and has lots to see and do rather than laying on the beach all day...any suggestions would be so appreciated as we have not travelled to Asia before.... thanks in advance

5 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 8:18 PM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

New cruise terminal to Hong Kong International airport

Hong Kong Island Mar 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Hi there to all VTers!
      Arriving by Celebrity Millenium to the new cruise terminal at Kai Tak. Want to get to the International airport by public transport. Need to get to the airport by at least 11am. Not laden with loads of bags. I only have a 24" luggage so I think public transport would be ok . Has anyone done this before?
      Or any Hong Kongers who have visited the new terminal by public transport, is there a way to an MTR station without having to take a taxi?
      I don't speak Cantonese at all. Help! thanks in anticipation

5 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • Need Company

Hong Kong Feb 26, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Hi Guys. I am chan from london travelling to hong kong for 10 days 1-10 march. New to the city too and need company to hangout with.

• Going home.

Hong Kong Feb 26, 2014 at 5:09 AM

Can i still go back in the Philippines without my Hong Kong id? I am a domestic helper but i missed place my id, and i am travelling tomorrow...

• cassteve's Profile Photo

Airport transfers

Hong Kong Feb 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Hi! I`m in Hong Kong early June for 9 days and I`m wondering what`s the best option for getting to the Metropark Hotel on Waterloo Road from the airport.

6 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • Travelling to Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Feb 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I have a friend inviting me for his sister's wedding in Hong Kong .My question is if I will tour in Hong Kong and I have only 14 day stay,can I exit to Macau and go back to Hong Kong and have another days to stay and fly back to here in Philippines? What documents do I have to carry in case if the Immigration officer questioned me my reentry to Hong Kong? I have a friend working there and he can book my hotels and accommodations in Hong Kong and Macau.

1 Answer Feb 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • Travelling to Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Feb 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM

My question is if I will tour in Hong Kong and I have only 14 day stay,can I exit to Macau and go back to Hong Kong and have another days to stay and fly back to here in Philippines? What documents do I have to carry in case if the Immigration officer questioned me my reentry to Hong Kong? I have a friend working there and he can book my hotels and accommodations in Hong Kong and Macau.

• Asking about Hong Kong Visa for Vietnamese?

Hong Kong Feb 11, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Could you help me some companies in Hong Kong which help Vietnamese tourist have Visa Hong Kong. Thanks very much

• chanick1924's Profile Photo

requirements for tour in hongkong

Hong Kong Feb 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM

hi! my husband and I planning to take a tour this march 17. We already purchased 3 days and 2 nights tour package. So, we have airfare tickets and hotel accomodation vouchers. I'd like to know what requirements should i present and how much pocket money should i bring on hand and present in the immigration? tnx! :)

5 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • Vaccinations

Hong Kong Island Feb 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Are vaccinations required when travelling to Hong Kong.Some conflicting advice is given on various web sites.I 'm travelling at the start of March 2014.

4 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 5:20 AM
    • Is there anything that I should know about Hong Kong during Qingming festival?

Hong Kong Feb 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Is there anything that I should know about Hong Kong during Qingming festival?

are stores closed? is transit really packed? is Ocean Park going to be busy? does Happy valley racetrack still have races going on?

1 Answer Feb 4, 2014 at 12:02 AM
    • born_lippy's Profile Photo

Hk-Shenzhen

Hong Kong Feb 2, 2014 at 3:09 AM

my friends and i will be going to hong kong from philippines on march 1, 2014. some of my friends already have chinese visa and we all plan to go to shenzhen. the problem is, 2 of us doesnt have chinese visa yet. i have read that i can get group visa in hk. do you know any travel tours in hk that i can contact for us to get a group visa and go to shenzhen?

id really appreciate your help.
      thank you

nyen
      philippines

1 Answer Mar 3, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    • Visiting Hongkong for 16 days

Hong Kong Jan 30, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Hi Guys,

Im from the Philippines, I purcased our ticket last July 2013 and we will be visiting Hongkong this February 13-28, total of 16 days. during the time that I purchased the ticket, I wasn't aware that the maximum allowed visa-free stay is only 14 days. Is there any way that we can extend for 2 more days without getting any visa because it will cost us a lot since we are 4 in total. I hope you can help me. Thank you very much guys.

6 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 2:30 AM
    • Burg300's Profile Photo

Tour Company

Hong Kong Jan 20, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Can Some suggest a legitimate reasonable priced tour company for a group of about 20 people visiting Hong Kong. We will be visiting in April 2014

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • I need a data plan during my stay in hk and japan

Hong Kong Jan 19, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I have a iphone 5s, so i need something like a pocket wifi during my stay there. i used a simiar service during my stay in UK. does anyone have any recommendations?

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 1:11 AM
    • Dressing up for the weather

Hong Kong Jan 12, 2014 at 11:49 PM

How is the weather there now? How should I dress up for current temperature?

2 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • restaurants

Peng Chau Island Jan 9, 2014 at 4:07 AM

What are the kinds of restaurants in peng chau?

3 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    • Shopping suits in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Island Jan 7, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I am going to travel in Hong Kong in next month. Thinking of shopping suits in Hong Kong, is there any tips when buying a suit?

4 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 3:01 AM
    • Renting a place for a month

Hong Kong Dec 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Hello, i'm going to hong kong in November 2014 for a month. Is any place beside airbnb were i can rent an apartment for 1 month? I am looking something for a 1000 dolars but in airbnb is almost nothing for that price.

3 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    • thewinterblues's Profile Photo

Where to stay for one day/ night in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong Dec 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM

We will be going to Hong Kong for one day and night after a beach holiday in Thailand in Feb before returning to the UK. I'm looking for recommendations please on where we should stay? We are ideally looking for a four star hotel in an area with bars and restaurants but with good access to the airport and where we can get a true feel of the city in our limited timescale. I love a nice view too. Any advice please?

10 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    • plan my journey

Hong Kong Dec 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM

dear sir
      kindly help me to plan my tour to hongkong as per my given schedule i am arriving from india to macau on 9th january and check in macau hotel at 11 am on 9th january and leaving from macau to hongkong on 11th january 2014 and will stay in hongkong till 16th noon
      Please plan my trip to see the places of tourist interest during the above period/dates.if possible also supply me the distance of each place from kowloon area as iam staying there.
      thanks a lot

2 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 7:51 AM