Hong Kong Travel Answers

change location
monicarc's Profile Photo

Cost of taxi from hk airport to central/Macao ferry terminal

by monicarc Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM

It looks like a taxi cab from hk airport to central ( we want to take the ferry to Macao, this looks like we can catch it here??) is about35 one way for two passengers? We won't have luggage, we are thinking about staying at an airport hotel (maybe the regal). We will be very pressed for time, so we do not want to spend time figuring out the mtr, etc. we want this quickest way to Macao (unfortunately the direct ferry from hkia to Macao doesn't work with our flight schedule).

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • chinamonty's Profile Photo

Re: Cost of taxi from hk airport to central/Macao ferry terminal

by chinamonty Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I wouldn't take a taxi unless it is at a time when the trains don't run. I would take the train to central hk (rather than Kowloon) as the station is a short walk (500 metres) to the ferry along a boardwalk. The Taxi should cost just under HKD300. You will want a Red taxi.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wabat's Profile Photo

by wabat Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Agree with Chinamonty. If train is running it will be much faster than a taxi - important if your pressed for time. You cant miss it when you arrive in HKIA .. in fact easier to find than than the taxi rank. Just get ticket at the booth before you board the train.

• SubrahmanyamK's Profile Photo

by SubrahmanyamK Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 9:28 PM

If you have not booked the ferry, use bus or train, which is cheaper (train is faster). If you have already booked the ferry and short of time, use taxi (taxi drivers understand only chinese language --better carry some printed version in chinese language so that it will be easy for you).

In case u have not booked the ferry, u can book the same online, or buy at the counter.

At Macau ferry terminal, you will find many tour operators--prefer bus operator (hop off and on).

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Book the Regal Airport Hotel which is right at the airport. Take the Airport Express to Hong Kong Station. It is very fast. Walk through station to Central Station and go to the blue island line; travel one stop to Sheung Wan, take the exit for the Macau ferry terminal at Sheung Wan. No need to even go outside..

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM

They do have ferrys from the airport direct to Macau. Last year I had to take one from Macau to Hong Kong Airport. It was so coinvenant that when you board the ferry, (I think it's a flying dolphin) they can check your bags in direct to your airline.I think the operation is from 9 to 9. I will write more about this on my blog page. Hope this helps, and thankyou for the tips.

cheers tommy x

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 2:23 AM

SkyPier at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) provides speedy ferry service for transfer passengers, making HKIA a truly multi-modal transport hub for convenient air and sea travel.

SkyPier serves the following eight ports in the Pearl River Delta (PRD) and Macao, connecting the region to about 170 destinations worldwide via HKIA.
    Dongguan Humen
    Guangzhou Nansha
    Macao (Maritime Ferry Terminal)
    Macao (Taipa)
    Shenzhen Fuyong
    Shenzhen Shekou
    Zhongshan
    Zhuhai Jiuzhou

• chinamonty's Profile Photo

by chinamonty Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

as was stated earlier in the question - Skypier does not fit in with the arrival time in this instance.

• Re: Cost of taxi from hk airport to central/Macao ferry terminal

by c-rae Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM

as Irene alreay mentioned: take the Airport Express (if you decide to book the Regal hotel. It's just a 25minutes ride) to head to the Macau Ferry Terminal in Sheung Wan and catch the ferry to Macau

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Hong Kong Travel Answer Locations