Hong Kong Travel Answers

change location
mecco's Profile Photo

How to get to Ocean Park

by mecco Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Hi there kind expert travellers! My 7 year old daughter and I will be visiting Hongkong-Shenzen this 1st week of April. Our third day of stay is free but I want to bring her to Ocean Park. Where can I buy OP tickets and how much would it cost? How do we get to Ocean Park coming from Gorgeous Fad Hotel? What time should we observe when going back to hotel? Is there a free shuttle we can avail of? As for our fourth day, the morning is free until check out time. Where is the best place to do some quick and economical shopping? Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers!

Mecco

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • explore_discover's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Ocean Park

by explore_discover Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM

oceanpark.com.hk/html/en/buy...
    oceanpark.com.hk/html/en/pla...
    for the Transport and Ticket guide, can buy online as well

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I do not know where you are from. Do you need a visa for China? If so you would need a multiple entry or 3 month one to go to Hong Kong and back.

From Shenzen cross to Lo Wu; take the KCR to KowloonTong, then change to MTR. At Mong Kok change line to Tsuen Wan line in direction of Central. Get off at Admiralty and follow signs for Ocean Park bus. You need the correct change or an octopus card to travel around Hong Kong.

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

by swissfondue Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 4:33 AM

Hello Mecco

You'll have to do a bit of travelling to get to Ocean Park from Shenzhen, by train and bus but if you and your daughter are prepared for a reasonably long day you should certainly go to Ocean Park. I'll give you directions for what I consider is the easiest route with the least amount of changes plus some alternatives if you want to see a little more of Hong Kong on the way.

From your hotel you need to go to Lo Wu station. Ask your hotel for directions. It is walking distance. At the station get on the MTR East Rail Line going towards Hung Hom. Get off at Mongkok East Station and follow the signs to Mongkok Station. This is a few minutes walk. Find the platform for the red Tsuen Wan Line going towards Central. Get off at Admiralty and follow the signs to the Ocean Park Express bus stop. You want to get on Citybus 629 to go directly to the Ocean Park Entrance.

Just for your information any 629 Citybus which leaves Central Pier 7 at 9.45am, 10.05am, 10.25am, 10.45am goes to the Exchange Square Bus Terminal and then to Ocean Park. (Return departures are at 4pm, 5pm, 6pm and 7pm), so another option is to get off the MTR Red Line train (going towards Central) at Tsim Sha Tsui and take your daughter across the Harbour on the ferry (short ride) and then meet the 629 bus at Pier 7. Otherwise just stay on the train and get off at Admiralty and take Exit B to the Ocean Park Express bus stop.

You can buy a combined bus and entry ticket to Ocean Park before boarding the bus. Its a 25 minute ride to the park entrance. In my things to do tips (on my Hong Kong pages) I have some more information on Ocean Park. Have a great time.

• by c-rae Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Would like to add that you can purchase tickets for Ocean Park at every 7-11 store in HK (e-tickets). For directions to the park simply follow swissfondues recommendation. For additional insights about Ocean Park and how to arrange your stay have a look here nextstophongkong.com/attract...

Be the first to rate this answer!

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM

If your third day is free, and you are leaving on day four, why not move your hotel into Hong Kong so that you do not have to travel back and forth?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Hong Kong Travel Answer Locations