Hong Kong Travel Answers

change location

September Weather Hong Kong

by kellyweev Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Hello - My Husband and I are planning a trip to Australia This September, with a stopover for 3 nights in Hong Kong. I have read that September is the worst month for typhoons in HK. I understand that this is the rainy/humid season, but this isn't a problem for us. My main concern is flying into and out of HK. Does the weather normally affect many flights during September time? Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: September Weather Hong Kong

by xymmot Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 7:06 AM

No problem, just good to know that the pilots are use to the September weather. Actually I think September is a great time to enjoy Hong Kong. So don't worry, bring a umbrella.

cheers tommy x

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: September Weather Hong Kong

by c-rae Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Usually, there are not many flights affected by typhoons in September. As far as I recall it...there was one day last year in September where flights had been delayed or canceled due to typhoons. The HK Airport is quite efficient and pilots, crews and airport staff are aware of these weather changes. In addition, most typhoons hit Taiwan first in the past and then arrived weaker in HK and Mainland China bringing lots of rain.

1 member found this helpful

• Re: September Weather Hong Kong

by kellyweev Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Thank you both for your prompt responses! This certainly puts my mind at rest, I can now relax and look forward to our trip to HK in September. Kelly

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Hong Kong Travel Answer Locations