Honduras

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bringing cheese into

Roatán Town Mar 22, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Flying from states, can I bring cheese , vacuum sealed into the country?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    • Anti malaria pills

Isla de Roatán Feb 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Going to Roatan Island next week . Any advice ? Should e take anti malaria pills?

Thanks

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • Dune Buggy tours

Isla de Roatán Feb 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I am bringing my family via cruise ship in march 16,16, 14,12 years old...wanting to do dune buggy tours any suggestions/help?

3 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    • SINGLE MOTHER'S INDUSTRIES

Isla de Roatán Feb 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I BOUGHT A BEAUTIFUL HANDBAG MADE OF POP TOPS IN ONE OF THE BOOTHS IN THE BACK LEFT CORNER OF THE CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL "FLEA MARKET"
      I WOULD LOVE THE NAME AND CONTACT INFO ABOUT THIS PLACE.
      THANKS.
      PS I WOULD ALSO LIKE INFO ABOUT THE HONEY/COCOA NUT PERSONS.

• Driver for La Ceiba to El Progreso

La Ceiba Feb 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Looking to hire a van & driver for a day trip La Ceiba - El Progreso (family of 7). Any recommendations?

• santa barbara

Honduras Feb 7, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Has any one ever traveled to santa barbara

• Busing from Las Manos to Comayagua

Honduras Feb 2, 2014 at 6:39 PM

HI - I need a quick answer! I am in Ocotal, Nicaragua, near Las Manos, with luggage, and not so young - but an intrepid traveler. However, I do not want to destroy myself totally! Instead of the moving prison of a Ticabus or something of that sort, I am thinking of busing from Las Manos (I might have to take a taxi, the local buses being extremely crowded, with no place for a suitcase) - then on to Comayagua for a couple of nights. Has anyone done this? I read one internet posting that the change in Tegu to the appropriate bus station sound dreadful. I need some experienced advice, please! thank you!

• location to French Habor

Roatán Town Jan 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Where is Caribe Point located?

2 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • Road from Olanchito

Honduras Jan 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I will be in Honduras in one month's time, driving a rental saloon car. Part of my itinerary involves driving from Olanchito to Valle de Angeles. From a map, the quickest route appears to be taking the road south-west from Olanchito through Yoro but, for most of its length this road seems to be a dirt road. My question is "will it be OK to drive with a saloon car on this road? Many thanks.

• 8 hours in Roaton

Isla de Roatán Jan 1, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Our cruise ship ports for only 8 hours in Roaton. We were thinking of hiring a taxi for the four of us; is this the best way to see what we want? What is the average cost per person for a day? Any great reefs to snorkel from the shoreline? Local fare we need to purchase to take home like dark chocolate, vanilla, etc? Are the ruins worth spending our time on or is it pretty much like all the others we've seen? Thanks so much for the advice!!! :)

2 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • my daughter is going to Hondurus to volunteer with her college for medical and dental care

Honduras Dec 20, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Should i be concerned for her safety?

12 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 2:22 AM
    • carmen-merino's Profile Photo

Security in san Pedro de Sula

San Pedro Sula Dec 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Traveling alone. Staying at Intercontinental (excellent vecinity)...but hotel personnel info me I should not walk the streets at any hour during the day!! Is San Pedro de Sula that dangerous?

2 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    • the_dutchman's Profile Photo

Advise on the Honduras

Isla de Roatán Dec 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Now it's the_dutchman's turn to ask for some advise. My wife and I will be in the Honduras from the 10th of January till the 6th of Feb. 2014. We have laid out our itinerary for that time and have booked hotels in Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, Tela, LaCeiba and Roatan. Having traveled extensively to 75 countries throughout the world I am still cautious when we go somewhere. Any advice as to the dangers of the Honduras, how about bus travel, local or long distance. Any other advise you may be able to offer will be appreciated.

Gerry, the_dutchman P.S. We have been to the Copan ruins

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Town of Gracias

Departamento de Copán Dec 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

How far is it from Copan?

5 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Chortis Village

Copán Dec 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Are there any tours to visit Chortis village?

4 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    • car on ferry

Isla de Roatán Dec 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM

How much from la cabia to rotain with car

• How to get to Roatan from Nicaragua

Roatán Town Nov 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hi,

Me and my friends want to visit Roatan in december. I would like to know what the best way is to travel from Managua to Roatan.

We are taking the Tica bus from Managua to Tegucigalpa or to San Pedro Sula. Therefrom we want to take a bus to La Ceiba. Whats the best en quickest way?? .

Kind regards

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    • Taxi/private transportation from Tegucigalpa to Copan

Honduras Nov 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Does anyone know how much Taxi/private transportation from Tegucialpa to Copan would cost? and also if I can get it from Tegucigalpa airport after arrival or have to book in advance? Any suggestions on where and how to book. Thanks

• jrmcdona's Profile Photo

two weeks - fly into San Pedro Sula, Hondura and depart from Guatemala city back to hom

Honduras Nov 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hi, I am wondering if I fly in to SPS and see Copan and/or la ceiba and then we make our way to Guatemala and make some stops there.

Is this asking too much or pretty doable without feeling totally on the move all the time?

Thanks!
      Jordan

5 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    • Amapala planning

Amapala Oct 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Is it reasonable to Arrive Amapala November 7 for 3 night stay without a reservation and find something that day? Is there a good swimming beach? Hiking opportunity for views?

• Tegucigalpa to Copan

Copán Oct 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I am arriving at Tegucigalpa International airport in the afternoon. I am wondering, what would be the best way to get to Copan from airport. Thanks and I speak very limited spanish

2 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    • sjukich's Profile Photo

Need help deciding next trip. Honduras? Costa Rica? Australia? New Zealand? AHHH!

Honduras Oct 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Hey guys and gals, I need some help deciding my next trip or two. First of let me give you all some background so you can get a feel for what I enjoy. My wife and I are both in our late mid 20's, no kids and live in California. We love to do all things outdoors and love trying new things and going on adventures. I feel like I just filled out an online dating profile......Anyways we have traveled a bit over the last few years, making it to a few parts in Mexico, some Caribbean islands, Belize, Fiji, and each of the Hawaiian islands a few times. Through these travels we have found many things that we like and many things that we have not. Starting off with the diving, obviously that is one of the best parts of the trips and I feel it will be hard to beat what we saw in Fiji and the Rainbow reef and shark dive. We love all of the "off the beaten path" non tourist stuff that we found in Belize and Fiji. I did find that Mexico and the Caribbean islands we went to were just too touristy and everything was overpriced because ship loads of people show up to snorkel and zipline. I loved that I was able to explore the country in Fiji and Belize and still feel safe yet have a sense of adventure because of the culture. We're not huge fans of big cities while on trips either. Hawaii has been amazing each time we have been there but we want to try someplace new. Like I said before we love to dive, fish, snorkel and pretty much do anything in the warm ocean water, which is why I'm hesitant to travel to a place like New Zealand where there may not be as much time spent in the water. That being said, we also loved spending time in the jungle of Belize and seeing all of the wildlife and doing the hikes(most of which aloud us to be the only ones on the trail). So a good mix would be awesome. Lodging should be nice but doesn't have to be 5 star. Pretty much we want to do lots of stuff besides just sit on a beach and have a great adventure doing things we will be talking about for years to come! We have kind of looked into Honduras(Utila and Roatan), Costa Rica and Australia but are not stuck on just those destinations. Looks like we be able to travel about 8-10 days in April and then 14ish days in late July or early August. Any info or ideas would be great!

7 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Cruising; one day at the island

Isla de Roatán Oct 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Hi, Im taking a cruise and I will be like 8 hrs in Mahogany Bay. Have you been there? I like cultural spots, like small towns, museums, etc. Is the town close to the port? Do I have to take a taxi, is there public transportation? I like budget stuff. Please give me recommendations. Thank you!

9 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    • Need a power cord for a MacBook computer

Isla de Roatán Oct 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

My daughter forgot her power cord to her MacBook computer, is there anywhere on the island near the cruise ship port that she can buy a power cord??? She is on a Carnival Cruise.

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    • Best mode of travel from San Pedro Sula to Puerto Barrios, Guatemala

San Pedro Sula Sep 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I've read many accounts of people who have rented cars in Honduras and then tried to cross the border into Guatemala and ran into fees ($120/ car or $50/person) and also long delays. So, I trying to decide if I should take a taxi or figure out how to hire a car with a driver to take me into Guatemala.

If anyone have some ideas/suggestions or first-hand experience, I'd appreciate if you could share. Thanks!

• Trujillo to Utila

Honduras Aug 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get to Utila from Trujillo?

• How to get from San Pedro Sula, Honduras to Cancun, Mexico.

San Pedro Sula Jul 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

How do I get from SPS to cancun? Would anyone recommend stop in Puerto Cortes or Omoa for a little beach fun before long travel? Are there better beaches to stop at for a day or two in Belizw to make the trip more enjoyable.
      THanks

2 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • driving to honduras from USA

Honduras Jul 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Does any one knows how much you have to have if you drive a small car from USA to honduras ? or email me at lizortiz1983@yahoo.com thank you

• kosmogirismenos's Profile Photo

Afternoon bus from San Pedro Sula Airport to Copan Ruinas

Honduras May 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I land at San Pedro Sula at 3pm, without baggage. Is it possible to leave right away for Copan Ruinas? Is there any bus leaving say at 5pm?

4 Answers May 13, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    • MatthewM14's Profile Photo

moving to La Campa Lempira

Honduras Apr 14, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I am moving to La Campa Honduras in June, I have been there a few times, and when I went this area seemed really safe but i just wanted to make sure, I will be going with my wife (25) and two kids a 2 year old and a 1 year old.
      I was also wondering about the house rental in this area I will be using a very well known interrupter if you are wondering where la campa is it is around the Gracias, Lempira area about 4ish hours from San Pedro Sula.

Thanks for any help with this

1 Answer Apr 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM