Travel Answers
Hon Ong

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine Needed in the Northern Part of Vietnam (Hanoi, Halong,Sapa, ) Area?

Sapa Jun 26, 2015 at 12:14 PM

At the end of July/beginning of August I will be taking the train from Hanoi to the Northwest Vietnam to Lao Cai stop (near the border of China), then headed to Sapa. We will be going for a walk to some villages, which are surrounding the area. I understand this is now somewhat touristy.

Have there been concerns with Japanese Encephalitis? I am wondering if any of you have had the inoculation in anticipation of traveling to this area.Have you heard of anyone getting bitten?

wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowb...

more
    • Points of interest

Hanoi Yesterday

Can someone suggest points of interest in Hanoi? I'll be there 1 1/2 days next week

more
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

clothes shopping

Hanoi Jun 11, 2015 at 2:35 AM

hi is there a place in hanoi where i can buy overruns branded clothing for ladies? Like similar to Saigon Square in HCM?
      TIA!

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Babe lake accomodation

Vietnam Jun 17, 2015 at 5:13 PM

I would like to visit Ba be lake for two nights.
      my question is
      1. book a tour or do it by our self. the guide the food etc all booked by agency.

2. book local bus, then the accommodation when we get there etc. make it up as we go.

3. get a private driver for a day to get us there and catch the local bus back.

looking forward to hearing your suggestions

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

bus travel from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 14, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi all
      Advice please on travel from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh. We do not want to fly if at all possible and ideally we would not like to go via Phnom Penh.
      questions are..... Is it possible on bus / coach.......... how long would it take......... and the cost
      many thanks
      POEPAT

more
    • mrs51315131's Profile Photo

what to see in a day and a half in Hanoi

Vietnam Jun 26, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Arrive at noon on 20 dec. Have thatafternoon and the next day till 5 pm. Would love suggestions as to what to see/do.

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Philippine peso to USD to dong

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 16, 2015 at 3:06 AM

hello! I will be arriving on the 22nd of June at 12:20 AM and I don't think money changers at the airport are still open that time? My question is should I exchange MOST of my PH peso here in the Philippines to USD and exchange USD to dong when I arrive in VN? I have no visa/mastercard so I won't be able to withdraw money using ATMs and I need dong for the taxi fare. I still have to check if PH money changers can exchange peso/usd to dong. Hope my question is clear > Thank you!

more
    • Hoggie's Profile Photo

is it for us?

Hoi An Jun 13, 2015 at 3:32 AM

First off I was looking at Da Dang but now after some feedback Hoi An has been recommended to us.

What we like
      would be going for 3 weeks
      like to lounge about the pool through the day
      go for lunch and a beer
      some tours to break it up
      go out at night for dinner and beer
      not so young now, like the choice of having a quit beer and moving on to a livelier area.

would you recommend Hoi An to us for what we want?

Thanks
      H

more