Homyel'

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Address and location required

Belarus Apr 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I have a partial Belarus address that I need to complete including post code. and which city/ town is it near?

The address is:
      Molodechnen.d-t, Vytrepovsh., Str. Komsom. 15

Any help much appreciated.

Peter

more
    • Romantic things to do in Hrodna whilst my gf says the city is boring

Hrodna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM

So my girlfriend lives in Grodno, I've never been there before but I still would like to do something romantic with her(she says Grodno is boring though)
      I'm curious if you've got tips or suggestions to do as a romantic thing...

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

One-day tour from Minsk

Nesvizh Apr 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Is it feasible?
      I looked up the timetable, Central bus station - it shows one (!) bus to Nesvizh a week. Left me speechless...

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Provisional Minsk itinerary

Minsk Apr 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I have finally found a map of Minsk – you won’t believe it, spent over a week trying to find any map or guidebook on Minsk or Belarus at large in Moscow, talk about the union state!
      Now with a more or less clear vision of what is where this is what I am planning to do – suggestions welcome:
      May 1 Thursday
      Arrival, drawing BYR at Sberbank ATM at the railway station (hope it’s in order), catching a ‘marshrutka’ to hotel Sputnik (otherwise walking, hopefully there are no steps). What does one expect on May 1 – anything closed, or the other way round, any special activity?
      Going downtown to watch May 1 demonstration – if any.
      Checking up food supplies:
      - local Vasilki café chain (there is one near railway station) /
      - old reliable NcDonald’s with its free WC /
      - food stores nearest to the hotel . Found one – Chkalovsky at Voroniansky street 17 – they say they take credit cards, uff, good for them! Maybe I’ll skip taking cash with me altogether?..
      May 2 Friday
      Bus 100 9sort of do-it-yourself city tour) or metro to Nemiga, strolling around old town (I guess this is where is is)
      At night - ‘Romeo & Juliette’ at Minsk Opera; not row 8, but still in the stalls - must bring my Sunday suit, I guess.
      May 3 Saturday
      Botanical gardens (if the weather provides)
      Remote attractions like the National library and the observatory (is it an observatory proper, or an observation point)
      May 4 Sunday
      Going off the beaten path to Vankovich house (part of the art museum – can’t see why no one has written about it) + RSDRP 1st congress hut (I expect I will be the only visitor)
      May 5 Monday
      The flight is 14.35 – must be at the airport at 13.00, I guess – will book a taxi for 12.00. May try airport express from the central bus terminal. Do I get it right that bus # 100 goes to airport Minsk-1? By the way, Minsk International airport – is it Minsk-1 or Minsk-2, or it doesn’t matter?
      Extra:
      I tried to book ‘Krechinsky wedding’ at Gorky drama theatre on May 3, but Kvitki say they have only 4 rows left for sale. They can’t be serious!

more

Near Homyel'