Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• combo fishing and sightseeing

by gabe1943 Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I fish but my wife dosent what can we do together

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    • What to pack?

by emilywentw Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I am coming to Homer July 4-July 11 and need to pack in a carry on bag. I am from Boston, MA so I have no idea what to pack, Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1 Answer Jun 15, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    • One way car rental?

by mwprods Online Now Nov 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Hoping to drive leisurely from Homer to Anchorage airport in late July 2013 after my ferry ride from Kodiak to Homer. Any idea of cost, and even likelihood, of getting ONE-way car rental I can drop off at ANC? Thanks!

10 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • opus0002's Profile Photo

4 Wheeling in Homer, AK

by opus0002 Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Can you ride 4 wheeler on the spit in Homer, or anywhere else in Homer? Are there any ferries to Seldovia anyone would recommend? Can people rv camp anywhere on the spit, or are there designated spots? Any info is appreciated!

3 Answers Jun 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    • t shirts

by lesveltman Online Now Mar 13, 2008 at 11:36 AM

purchased a t shirt in the salty dawg saloon last summer and got home and it did not fit. they said they were going to start selling over the internet and i would like to get another t shirt but do not seen to be able to find this web spot, thanks.

2 Answers Mar 13, 2008 at 12:36 PM
    • mbynum's Profile Photo

Getting around

by mbynum Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 7:11 PM

I RV'd to Homer in the summer of 2004 and fell in love with the whole Homer experience: the scenery and the galleries and the food (!) and the friendly folk. It's taken me this long to be able to return to Alaska, but am planning to leave Huntsville, AL early May, with my eventual destination being 2-3 weeks in Homer! I don't tow a car behind my motor home and was wondering what the options are for renting a vehicle for my stay. I've thought about buying a little scooter, but figure I could rent a lot of cars for the expense of the scooter and the rack. I'm a retired teacher and travel alone with my little doglets. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
      Peace,
      Mimi

2 Answers May 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM
    • Seldovia,Halibut cove

by travelbug014 Online Now Jun 8, 2007 at 10:35 PM

I would like to visit Seldovia and Halibut Cove from Homer. What are the best tours available ? Will these be separate trips?If these are separate trips, I am looking for minimum repetition between the 2. I like hiking & biking & browsing art galleries and local shops. I would like to spend a decent amount of time at both places and visiting landmarks in the Kachemak bay & state park. but don't want to spend too much time waiting for the boat back to Homer. I also read about (some form of - sea plane etc) hourly flights between Seldovia and Homer. ARe these worth? Thanks.

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

is it worth it to take the expensive boat to go to the other side of homer split?

by 9tigers Online Now May 31, 2007 at 2:21 PM

I know there is a state park across from homer, but the boat trip is expensive, is it worth it to go, if so, which one is more worth it.
      also I noticed that the boat trip to there is not offered everyday.

any information are appreciated.
      I would like to find out more informaiton about Homer hiking trails, not those super long ones, like 4-5 miles are perfect.

Daisy

4 Answers Feb 24, 2008 at 2:10 PM
    • Wendy67's Profile Photo

Homer in July

by Wendy67 Online Now May 16, 2005 at 7:27 AM

I'm researching a trip to Alaska over the summer to Homer, via Anchorage. I'm wondering how much time to spend in Homer - we're planning on five days - hoping to fish, kayak, hike, visit galleries, try the local brews, etc. Is a trip to the fjords from Homer a day trip or does it require a few days?

I'm also looking for info on rental cars for the drive between Anchorage and Homer. I'd rather not fly, but enjoy the scenery on the way down the peninsula. In my research, I've not come upon too many options for rentals.

Lodging suggestions? I'm looking at the Homer Inn and Spa for a bit of pampering after fishing for halibut all day, but it seems that there are several popular places to stay.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

15 Answers May 8, 2007 at 7:49 AM
    • Homer lodgings

by smbslt99 Online Now Mar 27, 2005 at 7:22 PM

I'm going to be in Homer for 3-4 days at the end of August and am trying to decide where to stay, if I stay outside of town, is it a pain to drive in and find parking in town? Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM