Homer Travel Answers

change location
mbynum's Profile Photo

Getting around

by mbynum Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 7:11 PM

I RV'd to Homer in the summer of 2004 and fell in love with the whole Homer experience: the scenery and the galleries and the food (!) and the friendly folk. It's taken me this long to be able to return to Alaska, but am planning to leave Huntsville, AL early May, with my eventual destination being 2-3 weeks in Homer! I don't tow a car behind my motor home and was wondering what the options are for renting a vehicle for my stay. I've thought about buying a little scooter, but figure I could rent a lot of cars for the expense of the scooter and the rack. I'm a retired teacher and travel alone with my little doglets. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Peace,
Mimi

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • katmai's Profile Photo

Re: Getting around

by katmai Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 12:08 AM

Renting a car in Anchorage with unlimited mileage and take it with you to Homer may work. All the usual rental car companies operate here it seems like Budget, Avis, etc. In Homer itself there appears to be a couple car rental businesses: adventurealaskacars.com
    or www.polarcarrental.com
    Have a plesant time in Homer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pulpcouture's Profile Photo

Re: Getting around

by pulpcouture Online Now May 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Bring a bike! Planning on spending more time in Homer this summer, but seems like most places in Alaska don't really require a car once you make it to a town you like.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines