Homer Travel Answers

change location

Homer lodgings

by smbslt99 Online Now Mar 27, 2005 at 7:22 PM

I'm going to be in Homer for 3-4 days at the end of August and am trying to decide where to stay, if I stay outside of town, is it a pain to drive in and find parking in town? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • katmai's Profile Photo

RE: Homer lodgings

by katmai Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 9:30 PM

Parking in the town area of Homer is no problem except maybe on weekends. The "Spit" is busy all summer long, but parking is still available most of the time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Homer lodgings

by CatofVT Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 10:02 AM

Hey there,
    I was actually in Homer for a week this past summer and loved it so much, I am moving there from Vermont in three months. The summer is definetly a busy place, but if you know where to look, you can find a great place. My fiance and I stayed above the fishing charter company we booked with. They had a great little studio apartment above their charter company right on the homer spit. It was incredibly affordable, had a kitchen, views of the ocean, and the owners were just phenominal. The charter company's name is North Country Charters. Like I said, the owners were just awesome, and you don't have to book a charter with them in order to rent their spectacular bungalow! Take care and good luck
    Cat

• SheilaZ's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Homer lodgings

by SheilaZ Online Now Jul 8, 2005 at 8:41 PM

no problem staying out of town. and you will get the amazing around-the-corner top-of-the-hill view every day when you drive in.

my impression from the handful of visits to Homer is that there is no obvious rip-off place to stay, and there is no obvious gem. all are kind of pricey, but they have to make their living in some pretty limited timeframes.

• jumpingwithnorman's Profile Photo

Re: Homer lodgings

by jumpingwithnorman Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM

The Spit is just a 2-lane road that goes up & down. At the end is a hotel/restaurant called Land's End Hotel and a lot of people just cast off their rocky shore & bring up halibut, rockfish, etc. Summer in Homer is busy and parking is kind of iffy sometimes. A lot of people stay in some of the B&Bs/hotels that are not on The Spit but on the road leading to the Spit and they just walk to the end or bike. There's a bike/jogging trail that runs right along the road and it gets used a lot!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines